Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Heroes and Heroines > What do you like about Garwood's heroes?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
What traits of JG's heroes appeal to you?

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Their Alpha-ness, possessiveness, protectiveness, hunky-ness, dreamy-hero-ness, loyalty... Well, everything, really!

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

That's a good list. I like how they fall head over heels for the heroine, and they have that deer in the headlights phase. I think it's really funny!

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Another thing I love is their strength. I can love a tortured hero at times but I always prefer the strong hero who can roll with the punches. Sure bad things happen but he doesn't let the past stop him from living and he doesn't go drown his sorrows in a bottle. I'm talking about the strength of his spirit not of his body but let's face it. We all love those strong men who pick up their ladies with such ease or bops a few bad guys when necessary.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

That is so true, Pamela.

Shannonreads like crazy | 9 comments I love everything that everyone has mentioned. They are manly but vulnerable only to the heroine.

message 7: by Violeta (new)

Violeta  (cookielicious) | 24 comments I like the fact that they make u want to have at least one of them in ur house (especially Brodick or Alec, i wouldnt mind both, but i think they would kill each other in that case...hehehe) from the beginning of the book when u get to know them, till the end of it. I just love their manliness, protectiveness, occasionally grumpiness(or growliness? - its funny when it happens)with shortness in speech and all the stuff u girls mentioned so far.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup..... You all said it! Amazing....

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2011 04:17AM) (new)

I like that they're strong both mentally and physically. I also like how they're skeptical about their heroines at first and act as if their union won't lead to anything like love. More or less to them, just a union of conveinence, which makes for great sexual tension in my opinion. An I especially love their loyalty and compassion, once they realize how much their heroine means to them.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Yes, I love the sexual tension!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Yes, I love the sexual tension!"

Who can resist lol? I know I can't.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Another thing I love is their strength...Sure bad things happen but he doesn't let the past stop him from living and he doesn't go drown his sorrows in a bottle."

This is so true, Pamela(AllHoney)! So many romance authors resort to the cliché having their heroes hit the bottle each and every time something disappointing happens.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Lisa Kay, I guess I have read too many tortured hero stories where the guy takes up the bottle and all I can think of is... alcoholic...

I don't find the idea of an alcoholic hero sexy or appealing at all.