Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Building our 2010 Thanksgiving Wall of Blessings

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Remember, last year we had a Wall of Blessings for Thanksgiving. I just loved hearing what everyone was grateful for and I thought we'd do the same this year. So, at your leisure, let us know what you're blessed with this year.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'll start -- I am blessed to have my parents with us for another year. They're both 85 and I'm just not sure how many years I'll still be able to say that. Knowing them in their later years has been some of our best years together.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy I have the most loving husband. He seen me as a diamond when I was still so rough. We have two wonderful sons who are both home with us at this time and we have good health.

message 4: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Janet there are so many little blessings each and everyday and most are taken for granted but I think I have to say My family, I grew up in a large family of five sisters and three brothers and though my parents are now gone both living into their eighties, we only lost one of our sisters and I am so thankful that the rest of us for the most part are in good health and are still close to one another though many live in different states.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments I am even more blessed to have my family this year than ever before. I have had a very rough time adjusting to college life. I do not enjoy living on campus at all, so being close enough to go home on the weekends is literally the only thing that keeps me sane! I love, love, love them so much! There are so many things to be thankful for, but this is just a start. I'm sure I will have many, many more to add in the next week. Thanks for doing this Janet, I love it!

message 6: by Rayni (new)

Rayni | 1 comments Thanks for doing this. I have done this daily on Facebook & my blog. There are so many things to be thankful for. I'm with you Janet, I'm grateful to have my mother with me for another year, she is 84. I have no living siblings, my mother has lost a lot of family. I too have a loving husband & 2 wonderful sons.

message 7: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Well I am grateful to have even survived 2010, what a year!

It should come as no surprise for me to say I am thankful my Mom is with us too. :) And good news from her cardio test from Tuesday. Her heart is improving, which can only be called miraculous!

I am grateful my four year old niece's heart is looking good too- she most likely won't need surgery! That's a blessing if there ever was one!

I am grateful for my health, my family, esp. new nephew, and all the time I get to spend with them. Each moment is something I have really learned in 2010 to treasure. :)

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments The Lord is changing me, revealing a lot that needs work in my life, which He is helping me with (internal stuff, heart and soul work). I'm thankful for that. For my husband and daughter, who along with the Lord are my heart, and I love beyond words. And for my dog, who is a great companion and source of laughter.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Melody wrote: "Well I am grateful to have even survived 2010, what a year!

It should come as no surprise for me to say I am thankful my Mom is with us too. :) And good news from her cardio test from Tuesday. Her..."

Praise the Lord that your mom's heart is improving! Wonderful news! :)

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 11 comments I'm most thankful for having had the parents I did. My Dad just passed at 91 and mom a few years ago. I thank God everyday they were my parents and count my blessings in that.And the beautiful memories I hae of them both.
Carol L.

message 11: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments I am grateful for my family, especially my husband, son, and four granddaughters. I am also grateful for the words the Lord has given me to write.

message 12: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Hi Dear Friends,
I'm grateful that I can trust God. My dh and I have had a lot of financial stress this year and another shock landed on our "plate" this month.
But God is good. We have Him, family, and each other AND FRIENDS LIKE YOU!
I'm grateful for this group and for the fact that I'm not sitting alone writing my books, never knowing my readers!
Hugs to all!

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments This past year has been full of joys and sorrows. God has been helping me to realize the dream of seeing my writing not only published but going all over the world. He's blessed me with the addition of my daughter and her three children living with us (though it doesn't always seem like one) I am thankful that we can have a hand in helping to raise my grandchildren to love Jesus.

message 14: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 111 comments It's hard to know where to start. My husband is wonderful, as always, and we took a once-in-a-lifetime anniversary trip last summer. I still have trouble believing I got to see Norway, my father's homeland. That said, I want to stress what a dedicated American my dad was. He helped me realize what a great country we life in and how blessed we are to be able to worship freely.
Valerie Hansen

message 15: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments This season I am grateful for the way God has opened my heart to volunteering at church. We're a young and growing congregation. It dawned on me that the church doesn't need a diva romance writer (grinning here--a joke--I'm not a diva!) But rather, the church needs people to hold babies in the nursery, to make phone calls welcoming newcomers, to fill communion trays and make coffee.

I'm also grateful for my husband, sons and new d-i-l. God first, then family. Always.

Then comes the privilege of writing Christian fiction. It *is* a privilege. Thank you, God, for your amazing grace. And thank you, readers, for completing the circle that makes up a book.

message 16: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Ramsey | 2 comments I am grateful for retirement and enough money to pay the mortgage, eat well and enough time to read all the books I want to.

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments So many blessings that it's tough to narrow down to a reasonably concise message, but I'll try. First of all I thank God daily for His amazing work in my life and for His faithfulness. I am humbled and grateful.

My husband and I are blessed to have both my parents and his parents with us still. My parents celebrated their 50th anniversary earlier this year and my in-laws are well over 50 years together. Now that's Happily Ever After!

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and family and friends who have been so supportive during my crazy and very long quest to write novels. Thank you Lord for entrusting me with these stories. Thank you readers for incredible encouragement. May the Lord bless you richly!

message 18: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Sandmeyer (sandysandmeyer) I'm so thankful for my husband, son, parents, and friends. I'm thankful for the ability to worship a loving God freely and that in loving Him, I receive grace and blessings. I'm grateful for employment doing something that I absolutely love. And I'm thankful to be living in the United States.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

message 19: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I am always thankful for so many things, but this year I have an extra blessing. My daughter and her husband had a little baby girl today, Madison Paige. They are so excited, and so am I. I am also thankful for my friends locally and those I have met here on goodreads, my family, my church, and the job I love.

message 20: by Lyn (new)

Barbara! What wonderful news! Congratulations. How many grands do you have?

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Lyn wrote: "Barbara! What wonderful news! Congratulations. How many grands do you have?"

Lyn, I have four. I adopted my daughter, and she is my only child. They got married at a very young age and have three little boys, and now a little girl. They really wanted a daughter, so it worked out perfectly.

message 22: by Julie (new)

Julie | 40 comments I'm thankful for my faith, family, friends, and of course, great books to read and talk about! :)

message 23: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Congrats Barbara! That is definitely something to be grateful for!! :)

message 24: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Amen Julie, after all, we're all here in this group because of good books. :)

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Im thankful for my families health, and for good friends!

message 26: by Lyn (new)

Barbara,
I'm so happy they got their girl. Though sons are great too. I have one of each. My 19 lb turkey is in the oven. And I'm going to go lay down before the guests arrive! I will just have the mashed potatoes to do and set the table. They can help!

message 27: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Thanks, Lyn and Melody! Lyn, I hope you actually got time to rest. I drove to my Mom and Dad's today, but my siblings and I bring side dishes and desserts and mom does the major cooking.

message 28: by JanetTronstad (new)

I've just read through all of the Thanksgiving comments and want to say how priviledged I feel to be part of a group that values the important things in life -- family, friends, good health, new babies. What a collection of blessings!

message 29: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Oh so true Janet, that's what makes this group the most fantastic. :)

message 30: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "I've just read through all of the Thanksgiving comments and want to say how priviledged I feel to be part of a group that values the important things in life -- family, friends, good health, new ba..."

Amen to that! I loved reading this group's replies.