English Mysteries Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I would like to get this group more active. So I'm going to have a Book of the Month read every month. We will start our BOM December 1. If anyone has any suggestions you can nominate them here.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) Josephine Tey's "The Daughter of Time"

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

So...is anyone interested in pursuing a Book of the Month group within this group? I'd love to help get people interested if possible...

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 41 comments Yes great idea!

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) Agreed. Always up for reading more Brit mystery!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent! Suggestions? I'm in the mood to read the Dorothy Sayers series again. First one is "Whose Body?" written in 1923.

Wikipedia entry here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_...

I thought maybe something older so we could check our local libraries before having to buy something new...any thoughts?

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) Her or ngaio marsh both sound good. I like those old fashioned Brit mysteries.

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry SarahElektra wrote: "Excellent! Suggestions? I'm in the mood to read the Dorothy Sayers series again. First one is "Whose Body?" written in 1923.

Wikipedia entry here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_...

I..."

Many times my library has removed the older books from their shelves, so the premise tat older books are more readily available may not hold true. I was fortunate on Whose Body, though....

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I've located a copy of Dorothy Sayer's book "Whose Body". So anyone else able to locate a copy to be part of the first BoM for the English Mystery Club? Once we've got a few more folks interested, I'll set up a new discussion thread for us to use, sound good??? :-)

message 10: by Elizabeth (last edited Jan 16, 2011 02:33PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 41 comments I have put a hold on one at the library and should have it right away "Whose Body"

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.