outlanders by gabaldon fans discussion

waiting for book 8

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1 comments Anyone out there - just wondered what outlander fans were reading during the long wait to find out what happens in Jamie and Claires world. Finding it difficult to find books of the time travel genre of the same calibre as the outlander series. Any suggestions very welcome.

message 2: by Juanita (new)

Juanita | 2 comments Coralie

I highly recommend "The Bronze Horseman" series (3 books) by Paullina Simons and also "Into the Wilderness" series (I believe 5 books) by Sara Donati. Outlander is my all time favourite but I couldn't put these books down either. Happy reading!!

message 3: by Juanita (new)

Juanita | 2 comments Neither of these series are about time travel but you won't regret reading them.

message 4: by Jesi (last edited Mar 08, 2013 10:18AM) (new)

Jesi | 1 comments Sara Donati's series is very good. You could also try Diana Gabaldon's Lord John Gray series or her e-books that give back stories to the main characters. I just started Surrender by Pamela Clare which I find to be good. Of course nothing compares to Outlander series, but it helps pass the wait!

message 5: by Bec (new)

Bec (beccaj74) | 1 comments I only just finished book 7 and can't believe how much I miss the books.
I only just discovered them last year and read all 7 in 12 months, I am obsessed.
I will have to try some of the above suggestions. I think I have read the Bronze Horseman book 1

message 6: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (goldenretlover) | 1 comments Did anyone see who they cast as Claire for the Mini Series?

message 7: by Shana (new)

Shana | 1 comments Caitriona Balfe is playing Claire, Starz has a twitter account that you can follow all the updated info on the miniseries, what do you think of Sam Heughan???