Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Language & Translation Issues > Peligro tentador - Need translation help

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mlady_rebecca (last edited Nov 17, 2010 12:41PM) (new)

mlady_rebecca | 593 comments This book currently labeled Peligro tentador (El Mundo de los Lupi, #1) by Eileen Wilks, is being presented as a book in the "World of the Lupi" series by Eileen Wilks. (Specifically, it was previously combined with Tempting Danger, although I've separated it.)

But the cover art marks it as Moon Called by Patricia Briggs.

Which series is the book actually part of?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Judging by the cover art, I'd say this book belongs to thd World of the Lupi series. It looks like they just used the same photo that was used for Moon Called.

message 3: by Lizz (new)

Lizz (literarylizz) | 7 comments It looks to be the Spanish translation of Tempting Danger. The descriptions are the same. I think only the cover art may be incorrect. Thanks.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45058 comments Mod
Rebecca, Amazon has it listed as the Spanish edition of Tempting Danger. Not that they're always right, but I wouldn't just go by the cover art either.

message 5: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 593 comments Both authors are "big" enough that I thought their cover art would be unique. I thought only small eBook companies re-used cover art to death.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The other companies that tend to re-use cover are are small presses with limited rights, as is usually true for foreign reprints.

message 7: by M (new)

M (masanobu) | 10 comments Peligro tentador is the Spanish translation of Tempting Danger and the description looks very similar to the description in English, while it has nothing to do with the description of Moon Called.

I don't have the book nor have I read it, but I've checked the ISBN in the Spanish ISBN Agency and it is perfectly correct, so I'm going to recombine it.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Masanobu wrote: "Spanish ISBN Agency"

That sounds like a useful site. Link, please?

message 9: by M (new)

M (masanobu) | 10 comments Here: http://www.mcu.es/libro/CE/AgenISBN.html

And the database for all books published in Spain:
http://www.mcu.es/webISBN/tituloSimpl...

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Cool. Thanks! :)