Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > MidWeek Coffee Break

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Drop Everything and Read.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments I wish I could! I'm working extra this week to cover for a vacationing (sailing!) coworker, and it's messing with my reading and everything else I love to do!! It'll be over with soon, though, and I'll get back to my lazy ways. ;-)

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I hope to sneak some in later this afternoon. But unfortunately, I am dealing with an elderly, ailing cat....

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments Oh, Theresa, I hope your cat is going to be alright. It's hard to concentrate on anything else in those circumstances. Hugs ...

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey What to read??!! I have so many great books and don't know which one to pick up! If that's my biggest dilema this week then it's going to be a good one.

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Stacey wrote: "What to read??!! I have so many great books and don't know which one to pick up! If that's my biggest dilema this week then it's going to be a good one."

LOVE that dilemma!

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Mary wrote: "Oh, Theresa, I hope your cat is going to be alright. It's hard to concentrate on anything else in those circumstances. Hugs ..."

Thanks, Mary, but right now it's not looking too good. He's 13 years old and has been diabetic for a few years. Now he's got a thyroid problem, but the worst thing is that he won't eat. We've been force-feeding him, which isn't pleasant for anyone and is not a long term solution.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate | 21 comments Hi Mary,
I had to abandon "The Widower's Tale" to read our Book Club book which is "Half Broke Horses". It is wonderful! I love her descriptions of that part of the country.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I try to squeeze some reading in every day. I've been in kind of a reading slump lately. The last few books I have read, have been only OK. I need to find a page-turner.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments Theresa wrote: "Mary wrote: "Oh, Theresa, I hope your cat is going to be alright. It's hard to concentrate on anything else in those circumstances. Hugs ..."

Thanks, Mary, but right now it's not looking too g..."

Sorry to hear about your cat Theresa. I know it's hard to watch them go through it, our cat went through a similar situation a few months ago.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Theresa wrote: "I hope to sneak some in later this afternoon. But unfortunately, I am dealing with an elderly, ailing cat...."

I'm sorry about your at, I hate it when one of my kitties are sick!!

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments If only I didn't have to work...

But I put down "Our Kind of Traitor", was just not getting into it and picked up "With Love, From Baghdad". What is it with books about dogs for me lately?? I never read books about dogs! I am not a dog person!

message 13: by Liz (new)

Liz Theresa - so sorry to hear about your kitty. We've been through that with 3 older cats in the past few year (2 ours, one we inherited from my parents)its so hard to go through, but so hard to let go.

Kate - I loved "Half Broke Horses" too. Much more than I expected to.

A day without reading just isn't a good day.

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Theresa wrote: "I hope to sneak some in later this afternoon. But unfortunately, I am dealing with an elderly, ailing cat...."

I am so sorry. After the death of our last cat, I knew I could not go through that again with another pet.

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments The end of a beloved pet's life is wrenching, at the time almost unbearable, but living without cats or dogs on a regular day-to-day basis would, for me, be much worse. They're too much of an integral part of ME.

Theresa keep us informed about your kitty. Sometimes they surprise you and rally for a while longer, and I hope that's the case with him.

message 16: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Thanks, everyone, for the additional comfort. Unfortunately, he hasn't gotten better so we will make our last trip to the vet this afternoon. He is the last of our great pet trio (two humane society cats and a rescue organization dog) and now our house is going to be so empty.

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments I'm soooo sorry, Theresa. Hugs to you!

message 18: by Annika (new)

Annika Oh Theresa - I'm so sorry to hear that. (((HUGS)))