Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Does Michele need her own category? Everyone lookee! Blue period begins.

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm super happy to have you here, starting threads and being generally loquacious and awesome and all, but I have two questions about Michelle:

A) when did you appear, where did you come from, why are you such a hoot?
and
B) do we need a category just for your threads? are you going to stick around for a bit?

also,

C) What's up with all the yelling? The all-caps thread titles are a bit startling.

ok, this is a lot more than two questions. I'm not sorry. That is all.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hee. I support Sally's message.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm glad to have RA's underwriting support.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments RA's underwire support?

While Michelle has asked some good questions, I think it would be unfair to people who have been here far longer (not talking about myself) to give her a category before she has proven her staying power.

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I second Sally's message and support RA's support message.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh, 43.53. Now I'm trying not to imagine RA supporting me in that way.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I have many talents, but, alas, not all of them...

I support Pi's message.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I want her to get an avatar. I have this need to associate a picture with a person, even if it's just a cartoon or random object.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I said that in a different thread Stacia.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

I concur. Michelle: Avatar, STAT!

message 11: by Sally, la reina (last edited Nov 17, 2010 01:53PM) (new)

some suggestions:

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Hah, Jim. Must've missed it.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments watching this thread closely

message 15: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Michele only has 1 L.

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Thanks. (fucker.)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Michele has parent like mine. They couldn't spell either. One of my sisters name is Carrol.

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments The cat pictures are awesome!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank goodness they didn't sunbake topless. Modesty prevails.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Indeed! Lol

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Sunbake!! I love that term!

message 22: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Sally wrote: "I'm super happy to have you here, starting threads and being generally loquacious and awesome and all, but I have two questions about Michelle:

A) when did you appear, where did you come from, w..."

fates willing, I plan to be around for awhile longer. at 62 you have to start facing your own mortality. I appeared here about Nov.15th. I'm a hoot and proud of it. I came this time from a town in south NH,the granite state. It's motto is :live free or die. I like to emphasize a lot, sorry, I'll try to tone it down. I'm a hoot because I have truly lived my life and it has had plenty of drama, pathos and a little comedy. I am one curious crone. I am interested in people and ideas and concepts. the nice thing about an idea is that it never dies. Isn't that wonderful?

message 23: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Stacia wrote: "I want her to get an avatar. I have this need to associate a picture with a person, even if it's just a cartoon or random object."

if someone tells me how, I'll be glad to get an avatar. I've only had the laptop for 2 weeks and am very much a newbie.

message 24: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Sally wrote: "some suggestions:

"

I love the Simpson one. how do I go about putting it in. I am an ignorant newbie. Help.

message 25: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Michele wrote: "I love the Simpson one. how do I go about putting it in. I am an ignorant newbie. Help."

you have to save the picture on your laptop first. then go to your profile page and click on 'edit profile.' on the right you should have the option to change your profile picture.

message 26: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Michele has parent like mine. They couldn't spell either. One of my sisters name is Carrol."

hey! I'll have you know I once won my school's spelling bee (I have a great story about that one), also, both my parents had eigth grade educations. their parents only went to the 4th grade. I attended college but did not graduate (another great story). I will plead: some typo's and poor memory for the errors.

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24363 comments Mod
Typos.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

::::sigh::::

message 29: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Please notice Michele's new avatar. I am in my blue period. the avatar is subject to change If I can manage to follow the direction once again. thanks everybody for all your help and expertise.

message 30: by Félix (last edited Nov 25, 2010 08:56PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) OMG Michele give it a rest. I mean yes it's very nice. Very blue.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't be so mean Larry, I think she is entitled to be a little excited. You guys gave her a hard enough time about changing it.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes, you're right of course, Gail. I'm sorry Michele. Have at it.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

You are killing me Larry. :D

message 34: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24363 comments Mod
Someone please change this header. "Her own" is not doing justice to Michele's need for categories.

message 35: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Larry cannot help being Larry and besides,he makes me laugh (at him and myself).

message 36: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments TEAM MICHELE AVATAR RULES.

If you stop talking about the avatar, Michele, I'm gonna start.

message 37: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Go right ahead RA.

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It's her blue period. I'm not sure what that means, really.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it something like her renaissance period perhaps?

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Perhaps. We're thankful to have her with us, though. Blue or otherwise.

message 41: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments If an artist can have a blue period, why can't I? I can be just as pretentious as the next person.

message 42: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You tell 'em, Michele.

message 43: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Michele wrote: "If an artist can have a blue period, why can't I? I can be just as pretentious as the next person."

You can have any type of period you'd like. Just don't ask me to go buy you more tampons at midnight.

message 44: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Sally wrote: "I'm super happy to have you here, starting threads and being generally loquacious and awesome and all, but I have two questions about Michelle:

A) when did you appear, where did you come from, w..."

And D) What planet are you from? No one can possibly be that happy all the time without pharmaceutical assistance can they? It's just not good for the soul.

message 45: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments I am not happy all the time. You should hear me when I have a migraine that's reached a level 6. But I am a "if life gives you lemons,make lemonade" kind of person. My parents and grandmother firmly believed that if you pretended you were happy long enough, you would begin to believe it. So, I try to stay as positive and cheerful as possible. mostly without chemical aids of any kind. and yes, it is very good for the soul to think positive thoughts.