Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > books that shouldn't ever be movies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I think there's a thread somewhere around here for books that we liked or hated as movies, but this one is "books that they should not ever film":
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11...

Have you got any to add?

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments offhand,right at this moment,I can't think of anything specific. but I will point out that if the movie is based on a book I did not like then,obviously I will think, why did they bother and I won't go to see it. I am usually disappointed in movies when I have read the book before seeing the movie...movies just seem to leave so much of the book out of the movie.

message 3: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments Everything is Illuminated. Oh, wait, that has already been made into a movie.
My discussion group met today to discuss this book. Mostly everyone disliked the book intensely and quite a few didn't bother to finish it. One woman hated it, so she watched the movie and said it was better than the book. She gave the movie a rating of one star.
Btw, despite the overall distaste for this book, we had a great session. Our leader, Dr. Tyre, is a magician with words, and seeing as how this book is chock-full of metaphors, he gave us a better understanding of the story.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Nov 18, 2010 04:58PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 24363 comments Mod
Nothing by Philip Roth or Saul Bellow should be moviefied.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.