Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Picking Monthly Books! > Nominate a book for December!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trish (last edited Nov 17, 2010 05:31AM) (new)

Trish (TrishaG) | 385 comments Mod
Attention! There is a change beginning this month. We will ONLY be reading/discussing 1 BOOK PER MONTH until more discussion is generated (plus it's now busy Holiday Season!) Thank You!

Please nominate 1 book that you'd like to read/discuss for our December Book Poll before Sat. Nov. 20th.
-Please be sure it is available in paperback.
-Poll will be up Sat. Nov. 20th to cast your vote.
-Discussion for the #1 TOP book will begin December 1st.

*Please no author self nominations *please
Thanks!

Books previously read-

Nov. - Pearl in the Sand
Wake Up, O Sleeper
Oct.- Demon
Unspeakable Journey
Sept.- June Bug
BoneMan's Daughters
Aug.- Redeeming Love
The Mountain Between Us
Talking to the Dead
July- So You Don't Want to go to Church Anymore
Take One
June- Salvaged

message 2: by Barbara (last edited Nov 17, 2010 06:34AM) (new)

Barbara (lv2scpbk) | 56 comments The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption by Jim GorantThe Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption

Would make for a good discussion. This could be Christian related since this is NOT what someone should be doing to dogs like Vick did. Then we seen the good side of people with the rescue.

message 3: by Camille (new)

Camille (CamLovesRaptors) | 7 comments Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson

It's an amazing book, and very real about a woman's struggle after walking away from God to find him again

message 4: by Trish (last edited Nov 17, 2010 12:45PM) (new)

This nomination was sent to my inbox so I'm posting it here so that the group can see all of the book nominations. Thanks!

to: Trish G.
subject: re: [Contemporary Christian Fiction] December nominations!
message: I would like to nominate "Fame" by Karen Kingsbury. It certainly fits into the genre of contemporary Christian fiction and is the first book in the second series of the Redemption series; stories about one particuar Christian family and how they rely on their faith to get them through life's ups and downs. Entertaining, clean and meaningful Christian fiction :)

Fame

message 5: by Toni (new)

Toni Nelson (goodreadscomtoninelson) | 55 comments I would like to nominate K - I - L - L FM 100 by Teric Darken
since I am currently reading this book and would be able to participate in the group discussion...

message 6: by Trish (new)

This nomination was sent to my inbox. I'm posting it here so that the group can see all of the book nominations. Thanks!

to: Trish G.
subject: re: [Contemporary Christian Fiction] December nominations!
message: I'd like to nominate Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers, since I'm currently reading it, haha.

message 7: by Teric (last edited Nov 18, 2010 02:56PM) (new)

Teric Darken (tericdarken) | 144 comments I would like to nominate Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C Maze. Rabbit Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze

And I would like to thank Toni Nelson for the honor of being a nominee.