Talk-A-Lot! discussion

What kind of books interest YOU?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rivkah (new)

Rivkah (HungerGamesmovieonthe23ofMarch) | 44 comments Mod
Do you like mythology, languages, history, non-fiction, you choose!

I think I like scientific fiction. Books about clones and growing technology. Like uglies, Scott Westerfeld. Of mid-nighters, where in a town named Bixby, at the strike of midnight, the town freezes, except the people born at midnight. I'ts science fiction because it pretends to deal with boundaries. And a character learning about laws of gravity.

message 2: by Rivkah (new)

Uglies is really good, it's a bit futuristic and has to do with coming of age and a bit physiological because it has to do with people who have to get altered to be 'Pretty.'

I think Scott Westerfeld is a great author.

message 3: by Rivkah (new)

I thinks so. Sort of like a explanatory one. I think it was called mind rain or something. I haven't actually read any books that describe the idea for the first, like the one The girl who was on fire, is about Hunger games.

Part of the reason, sadly, that I pick up books is on the cover/title. And they have a 'pretty' title.

message 4: by Rivkah (new)

I don't think that The girl who was on fire is out yet. I had trouble finding what it is. Something like reviews of hunger games. Can't wait till the movie!