Reading the Chunksters discussion

The Woman in White
This topic is about The Woman in White
Archived 2010 Group Reads > The Woman in White - Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristi (last edited Nov 16, 2010 09:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristi (kristicoleman) Ok everyone, here is the long awaited schedule for The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

My edition is the Barnes and Noble Classics Version, it has 635 pgs total, including Introduction and Notes. 625 pgs of text.

The Woman in White (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) by Wilkie Collins

Schedule:

Start Date: November 21, 2010
End date: February 19 2011

Week 1, 11/21-11/27: Preface - VII (1-49)
Week 2, 11/28-12/4: VIII - XII (49-92)
Week 3, 12/5-12/11: XIII - III (92-154)
Week 4: 12/12-12/18: IV - End of II (154-192)
Week 5: 12/19-12/25: 2nd Epoch - IV (193-251)
Week 6: 12/26-1/1: V - VII (251-297)
Week 7: 1/2-1/8: VIII - stop at Eliza Michelson (297-350)
Week 8: 1/9-1/15: Eliza Michelson - 3rd Epoch (351-405)
Week 9: 1/16-1/22: 3rd Epoch - V (406-455)
Week 10: 1/23-1/29: VI - IX (455-494)
Week 11: 1/30-2/5: X-II (494-547)
Week 12: 2/6-2/12: III - I (547-603)
Week 13: 2/13-2/19: II - End (603-625)

How does that look to everyone?

message 2: by Loretta (new) - added it

Loretta (lorettalucia) Looks good to me. I'm excited. :)

message 3: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) That looks good. Since I will be reading a different copy, I'll go by sections. It looks easy enough to follow. :)

message 4: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (bibliocrates) Got my book tabbed and ready...

Kristi (kristicoleman) Whoo Hoo! I'm starting today!

Andrea My plan for today is to catch up on the Stand and start this! As soon as I get home from the gym....boooooo!

Kristi (kristicoleman) Go to the Gym and then you won't feel guilty sitting around and reading the rest of the day...Good idea!

Andrea Very true!

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) I found a free Project Gutenburg version, so I'll start on the first section today! Glad I didn't miss the beginning by too much this time! :D

message 10: by ♥Xeni♥ (last edited Nov 24, 2010 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) I put in the schedule onto my Google calendar. If anyone else uses Google, you're welcome to share this calendar with me. It's called "Reading The Woman in White" so just search for that. :)

Kristina (kristina3880) This book is so good. I hope everyone enjoys it as well.

AM10000 I just got my paperback copy in the mail today! It is definitely useful to have the chapter numbers to go by since this copy is different from the one posted and also when I've been reading it on the iPhone, it doesn't have page numbers at all. :)

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Oh? Are you reading it with the Goodreads iphone ereader? I started doing that, but I didn't like the format at all. So I downloaded it, then uploaded it into the GoodReader app that I use for all my ebooks.

AM10000 Actually I'm using the kindle app and downloaded it for free through that.

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Ahh, that makes sense. :) Goodreader app will let you read it for free as well. As do Stanza and Kobo. And probably more that I don't know. xD

Jillian Going into week four, my chapters are broken up a little differently...I'm a bit confused. Should I stop at "Miss Halcombe's Narrative Continued (No. 13)"? Thanks!

Andrea Jillian, I'm reading the Project Gutenberg version so I'm sorry that I can't answer your question. I'm sure someone else will be able to help you! :)

message 18: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (bibliocrates) I have the Wordsworth Classics 1993 edition. I haven't started yet because I'm trying to catch up on The Stand, but it's tabbed and ready...

Kristi (kristicoleman) Jillian, I are your chapters named differently?? I don't have my book with me, and I work tonight, and all day today, but I will look in my book tomorrow morning and try to get you an answer...sorry I can't be quicker for you. You may just want to go +/- 50 pgs and stop there??

Jillian They were fine up until now. So weird! I'm reading the Broadview version (edited by Bauchman and Cox). I have one more section of Gilmore (IV), and then it starts up with "The Narrative of Marian Halcombe Taken from Her Diary" Numbers 10-22 (each one its own chapter). Then it moves into The Narrative of Frederick Fairlie...hmmm...No worries Kristi! It's just so strange! I have no problem reading 50ish pages though! I'm sure I'll stay around where the rest of you are.

Andrea I'm finding it hard not to jump ahead!!

Denise (momtoconnor) Kristi wrote: "Jillian, I are your chapters named differently?? I don't have my book with me, and I work tonight, and all day today, but I will look in my book tomorrow morning and try to get you an answer...sor..."

I am having the same issue...I'm just reading about 50 pages and stopping there.

Jillian Sounds good! Thanks :)

Jillian Just checking: Week 7 we stop BEFORE Eliza Michelson's narrative right? We don't read through it? Thanks:)

Kristi (kristicoleman) Jillian, you are absolutly correct...stop before Eliza Michelson.

Kristi (kristicoleman) Ok, I am calling for an official break week this week (1/9-1/15) so that we can all get caught up and have fun reading together

Next week we will pick up with:Week 8: 1/9-1/15: Eliza Michelson - 3rd Epoch (351-405)

Does this work for everyone?? The holidays totally got me behind (not to mention working till midnight for 2 weeks before that) so I really need this extra week, and I know that a couple of you are in the same boat.

♥Xeni♥ (xeni) Ugh, I would need to seriously get down and READ to catch up, and having just started school, I doubt that that would work. Thanks for trying to reel me in again, though!

Andrea I'm current with the reading, however I could use the time to get caught up with other books!

Jillian I'm also caught up with the reading, but that's fine with me too!

AM10000 I caught up with this reading Saturday, but I'm definitely fine with the break...I can work on getting some quick reading done in the meantime. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Woman in White (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Wilkie Collins (other topics)