Chicagoland Vampires discussion

Extras & Just for fun > Am I the only person who LOVES love triangles?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't help myself. Whenever I read a book, I always am more drawn into the stories with a love triangle. I think it spices things up, and I LOVE to read the stories with multiple great male leads. I don't necessarily need the female lead to be in love with both the guys but 2 sexy males to spice things up is always more interesting. I loved how at the end of Some girls Bite, Morgan was brought in to be another sexy male lead. I think it made things much more exciting and interesting. Anyone else feel the same way or am I just crazy?

message 2: by AH (new)

AH I love love squares, and pentagons....LOL!

message 3: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 487 comments Mod
I think love triangles make the series so much more interesting.

message 4: by Leona (new)

Leona | 7 comments I dislike love triangles. I will read books with them, but don't like when they drag out and don't like if the person who is not "chosen" ends up alone. I prefer the romantic elements to focus on the main couple (the progression of them getting together, whatever problems they face, etc) and plenty of time dedicated to an overarching plot. I don't mind if a minor relatively underdeveloped character causes some jealousy, but for the most part, I like the romantic angst to involve just two people. It's gotten to the point that if I know a series has one character with multiple love interests I avoid it (with few exceptions).

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Leona, my husband is the same way. whenever I tell him about a book I'm reading with a love triangle he always says. "I don't know why you like those someone always ends up getting hurt in the end." I think you are right when you say they throw someone in to add jealousy, better then 2 real love interests. Perhaps I like the ones that involve a "fun interest" and a "love interest". When I originally read the twilight books way back, it broke my heart for jacob in the series b/c he genuinely loved her. But I do love the jealousy element love triangles create like when morgan was in the picture with merit and ethan. Do you agree?

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 30 comments Some triangles are interesting to read about but some are doomed from the start (i.e. Bella and Phury in BDB). I like it when the third person is able to move on and find his/her HEA in the end as well. Sometimes I think well who wouldn't want two hot alpha males to choose from? but I guess it's only fun to read about...LOL

message 7: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) I'm not a fan of the triangle either, and the series that did it for me was Rachel Vincent's Shifters/Werecats series. I still have the last book, Alpha, to read, but the triangle seriously makes me uncomfortable & angry. I love both the guys, and one of them is going to be seriously, life-changing, have-to-move-away kinda hurt. Which makes me dislike the female lead, and I'm doubting that was the author's intention.

I prefer a UF series where there is just one girl and one guy, and they drag the sexual tension on over multiple books, where you're screaming at the book "Would you just do it already?!??!!" Lol. :)

message 8: by Leona (last edited Nov 17, 2010 02:51PM) (new)

Leona | 7 comments Didi wrote: "Leona, my husband is the same way. whenever I tell him about a book I'm reading with a love triangle he always says. "I don't know why you like those someone always ends up getting hurt in the end...."

I'm fine with a minor character who doesn't have deep emotional interest in the heroine causing jealousy in the hero. I don't like reading book after book in a series where a heroine goes back and forth between two or more love interests or goes from one love interest to another to another, etc. I've found it's just not my cup of tea so I avoid it. I like series that follow one couple(e.g Kate Daniels) or different couples(e.g. BDB or Psy-Changeling or The Edge) while there's an overarching plot(s) in the background(or foreground).

message 9: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 487 comments Mod
I haven't really read a series where I have like the other guy that she could possibly end up with. Sometimes it depends how the author works the love triangle in, some I think the other guy is just there to be there, don't see any real love. And some I really like the other guy and hopes he has a happy ending. It really depends on how the author portrays the love triangle.

message 10: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 280 comments Mod
I like the love triangle too, even though it kills me. Usually if the author does a good job you are okay with how it turns out in the end. I thought Rachel Vincent did a great job with it in the Shifters series. Right now I am waiting for the last Vampire Academy book... that one has a massive love triangle as well and I am dying to see how it is going to turn out!

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (fantasydream3) | 3 comments I like love triangles! I like it when there's a chance of the heroine choosing either guy. I don't like it when one pairing is doomed from the start and you just know who the heroine will choose in the end (Twilight's Edward and Bella).

message 12: by Marsha (new)

Marsha | 9 comments I used to like love triangles, until every book I read had them as part of the story.

message 13: by Cassandra (last edited Jan 23, 2012 10:50PM) (new)

Cassandra Frederick | 7 comments Marsha wrote: "I used to like love triangles, until every book I read had them as part of the story."

It was that way for me too. I still like triangles sometimes, but not usually because I usually know exactly who I want to be with the main character, so a triangle distracts from that to me.

It's rare that I come across a love triangle where I'm confused about who I want the main character to be with.

message 14: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 8 comments Actually it depends on the love triangle and the characters. Some love triangles are so freakin adorable and some are just plain annoying.

message 15: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Frederick | 7 comments Crystal wrote: "Actually it depends on the love triangle and the characters. Some love triangles are so freakin adorable and some are just plain annoying."

That's true. There are some love triangles that I find very entertaining and some that I hate. The best triangles are the ones where I'm left wondering who the girl/guy should be with.

message 16: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 21 comments I like love triangles depending on the situation or characters the story line. Sometimes they drag out the story.