Picture Books discussion

Halloween is coming

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Janine Parsons | 20 comments What Halloween picture books do you like?

I'll start with:
Clifford's Halloween Shows costume examples.
Shake dem Halloween Bones
Dragon's Halloween

message 2: by Ellis (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Ellis | 1 comments I love "Frank Was a Monster Who Wanted to Dance" by Keith Graves. It's fairly new--it's got great rhythm, funny lines and fabulous illustrations.

message 3: by Janine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:34PM) (new)

Janine Parsons | 20 comments I thought of a few more:
Rattlebone Rock I did this with maraca's and had the children make different noises like band instruments (clapping, snapping etc.) and they loved it.
Big Pumpkin

message 4: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:35PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments I LOVE Rattlebone Rock and Big Pumpkin! I also like The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, adn Ten Timid Ghosts.
Oh, with Big Pumpkin, you HAVE to have the recording. It has great music and the voices are a lot of fun for the kids to imitate.

message 5: by Janine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Janine Parsons | 20 comments Izzy what company made your "Big Pumpkin" recording?

message 6: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments Janine,
It's funny that you ask this, because after school today I was thinking how I'd like to replace my tape (which I recorded from a friend) with an original recording and found it on Amazon. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Pumpkin-Eri...

Pretty pricey eh? Guess that tape better last.

message 7: by Jess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Jess | 4 comments Janine,
I have some Big Pumpkin recording info. if you are interested in getting a copy. I'm not sure if you can, but is there a way for you to privately send me your e-mail through Good Reads (if you want to of course!) and I can pass the info. onto you!?

message 8: by Janine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

Janine Parsons | 20 comments Wow, I couldn't even begin to think of purchasing it at that price. I have done my own voices in the past and the kids liked it. Why is it so expensive? I have never seen a audio tape that much. Thank you for thinking of me.

message 9: by ABC (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

ABC (mary6543) | 9 comments I just got an order in of Halloween books.

My son and I like the Dora Halloween books
Froggy's Halloween
Meg and Mog series
The Little Witch series

message 10: by Kathleen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Kathleen Garber (callista83) | 3 comments My daughter really likes Halloween Countdown by Jack Prelutsky.

Big Pumpkin is by far my favourite Halloween picture book. I also agree that the recording is awesome!

Clifford's Halloween is good too.

message 11: by Jackie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Jackie | 10 comments Mod
We just read the beautifully written and photographed, Pumpkin Circle. It's a lovely nonfiction book about the "circle of life."