Love Inspired Historicals discussion

A Real Trip

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judy (new)

Judy Hubby & I are going to Tucson this weekend for a physical rather then virtual trip :-). Unlike our lovely Patio Party I won't be smelling any oceans or hearing the gulls.

Tucson is only a few hours away but we been here 8 years and have not really been down that way.

Anyways, the reason I'm mentioning it is that I found a Museum that was a Saloon from the 1800's that I want to go through. I enjoy the historical books so much and I think it will be neat to walk through Tombstone and this old Saloon and see the OK Corral and such.

History in motion.

I may have to fly back from the Patio Party early.

message 2: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Thanks for sharing this Judy, we will miss you if you have to leave the party early but hey this sounds really interesting. I love historical books and this would be right up my alley if I lived close enough to see something like this. Have you read Eugenia Price books? She wrote fiction with historical background and wrote about many folks in st simons area and many of people she wrote about are at Christ Church there and I have been to view that area as it is not far from where I live in Ga.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy No I have not read anything of Eugenia's and I can't add her to my list yet as I have so many books to read.
Once I like an author I get all their books and then try to read them all. I am only caught up on a few and right now I"m working on some of the LI series but I keep going backwards and rereading books I read before :-)

There are many interesting things in Tombstone, as long as they don't all cost money! Might be cheaper then me finding all the thrift stores for used books that are on my list though!

I enjoy reading the books about areas I know. There are several authors from the area who write about places I know of in the Arizona area.

I best go back on the beach awhile in case my time is cut short here in Malibu

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Judy -- let us know about the museum you see, sounds interesting,

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) It *does* sound interesting. I hope you have a wonderful time. : )

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy Jerry is talking about checking out Bisbee as well.

Alot of history about that at well.

The only thing I don't like is how close to the border some of the towns are. With all the trouble coming from Mexico I have o desire to get too close there.