Remembrance Of Things Past 2008 discussion

Starting in July!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (last edited Jul 28, 2008 06:32AM) (new)

Robin (robinh-b) | 22 comments I wish I had seen your group earlier in the year. I tried to read all of these a couple of years ago and got bogged down in "Within a Budding Grove." But I'm starting again, and have nine other friends who are as well. Tonight. I think I should start back with "Swann's Way" and I (foolishly?)anticipate it zipping by since I've read it before. Is anyone on the 4th or 5th volume now? Any inspiration to offer?

Also, anyone else out there searching for a group such as this but starting in the summer?

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathanhartbreaker) | 11 comments it's okay, i think everyone bombed out at the end of book 3, i am planning on picking it back up, but i need a breather.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinh-b) | 22 comments Totally understand the need for the breather -- I took one several years ago. I am falling in love all over, again, though. If Aimee and I see this thing through, maybe we'll pick you all up again after the third....

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (inverness) | 24 comments Thanks, Robin. I needed some group support! I'm onto Book II -- I just need to finish my Gogol first. I'm spending half of August in Berlin and Hamburg. The European setting will be so appropriate.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinh-b) | 22 comments Thanks, Sami. It's good to hear that we should try to read them all w/ as few interruptions as possible in order not to miss as much. That's my goal, 100 pages into Swann's Way. A bit early and ambitious, but why not? Man, he's brilliant!