What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Romance about a princess?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chorine (new)

Chorine | 14 comments I read this in college, so it had to be published before 1999 or so, and it wasn't precisely a young adult book, although it was a fantasy story. It is about a woman who, I think, is married off to be a princess, and in the end, she discovers she loves her husband, but he has been turned into (I think) a spirit or a ghost. I remember the end involved a race up a very long flight of steps or a ladder into the air? It was actually a lovely romance.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments It vaguely sounds like one of the spinoffs of a fairy tale about the girl who marries a polar bear who turns out to be a gorgeous prince. She has to go and save him because she looked at him when she wasn't supposed to.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessdaygeorge) | 177 comments Michelle, do you mean East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon? I've read all the retellings of that (heck, I wrote one), and that's not what Chorine is looking for . . .

message 4: by Chorine (new)

Chorine | 14 comments Thank you. No, no polar bears. I recall that the protagonist had a difficult choice between two men in the end.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments Jessica wrote: "Michelle, do you mean East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon? I've read all the retellings of that (heck, I wrote one), and that's not what Chorine is looking for . . ."

Yes, I actually read your version first and it skewed my opinions on the other versions. I liked Princess of the Midnight Ball too! But I was just saying that it sounded kind of like it.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessdaygeorge) | 177 comments Michelle- I noticed the similarity, too, once you pointed it out. But I was pretty sure if there had been a polar bear, she would have remembered. . . how do you forget a polar bear?! ;) Glad you liked my books!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40226 comments Mod
Chorine, are you still looking for this book?

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Chorine hasn't been active in GR since early 2012. So if there is no response, this can be dropped down to Abandoned.