Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > nice things

Comments Showing 1-50 of 179 (179 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments can you name 3 nice things that happened to you today?

message 2: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I woke up sorta on time. I didn't miss my bus, and class didn't seem like it took a gazillion hours this morning.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Awww....

Um,
1)My dog swallowed his pill without my having to resort to drastic measures.
2)I made it to the gym in time to watch Angel while I ran instead of Charmed (blaaaaah)
3) I discovered that Megabus is starting new routes from Toronto to Baltimore, which provides more chances for my mother to come visit me.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Woke up not dizzy for the first time in a week, my wife dropped me off at the front door to work, builders showed up again today.

message 6: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments when i woke up the sun was shining
i just ate spinach torteloni with extra spinach
i had a nice talk with the new roommate

message 7: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "No."

me neither. I'm grumpy today.

I really like this thread though. I'm going to think hard and come up with 3.

message 8: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Ok I got one.

I drank a beer.

message 9: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart My favourite thing about today is my best friend and I coming up with our fantasy WB Yeats biopic.

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments 1. I got to go home during my lunch break and hang out with my dogs and watch Buffy.

2. I got up early enough that I was able to eat breakfast at home this morning... AND clean the dishes before leaving for work. :)

3. Several people complimented me on my shoes today... oh, and my shirt.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

1. a really great book arrived/I picked it up at the library (Trading in Memories: Travels Through a Scavenger's Favorite Places by Barbara Hodgson.
pictures, text, travel. journal-ish

2. my ebay books order arrived.

3. got to watch some of my new favorite tv show on logotv ---> http://www.logotv.com/shows/the_a_lis... (sorta like the gay housewives of NYC )

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments 1) all my books were waiting for me at the library. 2) the car actually started the 1st time out 3)my son called me today from san francisco so I could hear his voice for a change

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Heidi wrote: "1. I got to go home during my lunch break and hang out with my dogs and watch Buffy.
"

What season are you up to?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I've watched all the Buffy seasons.
Author Edward Gorey loved Buffy.

message 15: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments 4. my grandfather gets to go home from the hospital friday. not that he's anywhere near recovered, but at least he's heading in a positive direction.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yay, Janine!

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, three things:

1) Barb felt me up, TSA screening-style (kidding, kidding...but she did hug me)
2) I saw a couple students do a great job in front of a tough class at an inner city school. They were scared to even go there but they rose to the occasion.
3) One of my dogs is sleeping next to me.

Some of yours are interesting. Michele, does your car often not start? I didn't know Janine's grandfather was ill, but I'm glad he's better.

I admire Gretchen early, too.

message 18: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Does a nice morning BM count? :)

1. I saw the fantastic display my business partner and his teenage neighbor put together for our first show.

2. American Express finally cut me a check for the credit I had on an account that was canceled five months ago.

3. I got to joke with my father-in-law by giving him the Victoria's Secret catalog that showed up in the mail.

message 19: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Not yet, but it's only 10:26, so I'm still hoping and in the meantime reading everyone else's nice things.

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yeah, I think I should come back to this thread at the end of the day, when I've had time for good things to happen.

message 21: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments I found a new curtain factory outlet.
I finished addressing my Christmas cards.

I'm still waiting for the third thing.

message 22: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments 3 nice things that happened to me: 1) I got kitty kisses from my cat, angelica. 2)the sound of the rain was very soothing this morning 3)I was able to stay home and talk on terminalcoffee. I am having so much fun.

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I think Michele needs a picture now - no more generic Michele.

message 24: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Hey, I just got the computer. my sister-in-law and I are trying to figure out how to transfer pics from her cell phone to the computer so we can then learn how to send pictures out from there.

message 25: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments My third thing was a Thanksgiving dinner invite.

message 26: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments My husband found out the polyp he had removed was not cancerous (which we were pretty sure of any way; it was just nice to have it affirmed.)
I got some knitting done.
I took the dog for a walk. I made her wear her coat and took a picture of her in it and printed it out for my desk.

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oh, good deal, Kristina. Now my three things sound lame. Thanks a lot!

(No, seriously, good for your husband.)

I cannot support you dressing up your dog in a coat, though. Taking away that poor dog's dignity!:)

I demand Michele get an avatar!

Ok, it's only 5:29AM, but...

1. I turned on my phone as soon as I woke to find the Bears had defeated the Dolphins,
2. Robin Meade is rocking the ponytail on CNN this morning, and
3. I've had a lot of coffee and feel all happy.

message 28: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments RA, my husband told me I should be ashamed of myself for making the dog walk around the neighborhood in a coat. Haha! She was so cute though!

It's early but 3 things...
My husband took the news that I knocked over the Iron Man statue better than I expected. If it had been one of my collectibles, I would've cried a little.
The Starbucks baristas told me I should try a chai eggnog and it's pretty tasty.
It's Friday.

message 29: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) two more days of work, then a week off. Roadtrip to see my college girl!

message 30: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments ms.petra wrote: "two more days of work, then a week off. Roadtrip to see my college girl!"

Have a good time Ms. P., be careful driving, and don't take any shit from anyone.

message 31: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I rarely do.

message 32: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments It is very cool today, perhaps winter is finally here? yes, that is something to celebrate. Once the winter solstice happens our dark days will start getting longer...a very good thing indeed. I am busy today which makes me feel useful , much better than feeling totally useless. all is right with the world and morning has broken. peace to all

message 33: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments ms.petra wrote: "two more days of work, then a week off. Roadtrip to see my college girl!"

Have a great time! She's going to be so happy to eat real food and have you buy her stuff:)

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ms.petra wrote: "two more days of work, then a week off. Roadtrip to see my college girl!"

Be careful, and take her favorite cookies.

message 35: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) thanks, guys.

message 36: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments yesterday I: had fun acting as a patient for a school of nursing for learning nurses to use me for testing their skills. I enjoy talking to each student. 2)I hit the jackpot at the St.Vincent de Paul store and bought some new to me clothes. 3)dinner came out really good and took only 30 minutes to put together. I love my George Foreman grill...also spent time with my adopted family.

message 37: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments got to use the computer 1st. woke up to kitty kisses. got to eat soda crackers and gingerale for breakfast.and it' not even 2 PM yet.

message 38: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments Got my vitamin D dose while playing with my pup in the sun; talked to my parents, who are still healthy at 75; cleaned house, which is like clearing cobwebs from my head.

message 39: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments full belly, warm house, good friends,leftover pie, my cats. more than enough to be thankful for today. plus funny sign: "why do pilgrims lose their hats? Because the buckle is on the hat!"

message 40: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
Yesterday I saw this enormous group of Canada geese fly overhead in formation, becoming more and more unwieldy. After a few seconds, apparently some of them thought, "oh, screw this" and the big misshapen V became two smaller neater Vs.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) The geese are gathering up and heading south by here as well. I read that the bald eagles trail along behind them to pick off any weak stragglers.

message 42: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Oh NOOOOOOOOO. Sad.

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) But the eagles are magnificent creatures.

message 44: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Also they are American, whereas the geese are Canadian.

message 45: by Félix (last edited Nov 27, 2010 02:41PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) True. They stay around here much of the warmer seasons, though. The geese, I mean. They make a hell of a mess on the walkways around the lake in the park across the street from my house.

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Oh, same here. Goose poop everywhere. In fact I could swear I've seen them hang around all winter. I thought they had stopped flying south. But this group I saw yesterday were flying quite high which makes me think they were migrating.

message 47: by Jammies (new)

Jammies They're here all winter too, ugh.

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I got a free latte at Borders. And I like hanging out at bookstores with my twelve year old. And I went to a Christmas parade today where people threw candy at us.

message 49: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Hopefully not for showing your boobs.

message 50: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No. But there were guys behind me drinking at 11AM and a community Christmas parade. I think they may have been ready to show theirs.

« previous 1 3 4