Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > celebrate:my cat loves me (Clark hates cats and reveals his jealousy that they don't talk to him)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments here I am trying to type and my cat is lying on my legs purring her head off and angling for my special chin rubs.

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) my two cats love to be on the desk or in my lap when I am at the computer. they are like kids "hey look at me" & "play with me."

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Reminds me of this:

message 4: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Oh, Larry! you are the best!

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments HAHAHAHAH!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Reminds me of this:

"

My cat. Often he tries to catch the things moving on the screen. Stupid cat.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments love the cartoon and love your cat, Gail! I'm not sure about getting my own pictures on GR.

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Bulldog!

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Carol wrote: "love the cartoon and love your cat, Gail! I'm not sure about getting my own pictures on GR."

You have to store them somewhere online, Carol, so you can link to them.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Larry wrote: "Bulldog!"

wazzat mean?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Bulldog it the name of my cat. :D

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Christy wants the mouse

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Carol your cat is the same colour as mine. :)

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Christy helping me type

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Beautiful, Carol.

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Carol your cat is the same colour as mine. :)"

I know! I could have taken your picture, except she is always sleeping on my mousing hand.

animals make me happy.

message 17: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments our cats are very well-behaved and not allowed on tables, desks etc.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Our cat isn't allowed on tables but he is allowed on the desk. He knows the difference.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Marla Singer is allowed full reign. People who are not cat people probably dislike this about me but I say they can go stuff it.

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments I used to have a cat the same color as Carol's, in fact I had 2. one died from an allergic reaction to flea drops and the other could not come with me when I moved from Las Vegas to Merrimack,NH because she had a heart defect. the vet nixed the move and I had to give her away. broke my heart...but the house I live in has 3 cats and one of them, angelica has adopted me because I give the best chin rubs in the house. she is jealous of the computer because she wants me to be available 24/7 for those chin rubs.

message 21: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments there are 3 cats in our house: Angelica who has adopted me as her mom, Tinkerbell (I call her Twinkle Toes) who is Susan's cat. they are both indoor kitties. Then there is "Baby" aka "little girl" who is the oldest cat. she is 16 and ill because she barely eats and vomits most of it up. she is Mark's favorite and the outdoor kitty. We may have to let the vet put her to sleep next weekend. sad,sad,sad. but we will get another cat from SPCA because we really each need a favorite kitty.

message 22: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments So, how do you post pictures here? I always love to show off my furballs.

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments First you need to have picture on the internet like in photobucket. The you can click on the (some html is ok) tab above the comment box. You can cut and paste the part about image - just inserting you address for the example. Let me know if you need anymore help.

message 24: by Kristina (last edited Nov 18, 2010 11:19AM) (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Testing, testing...

message 25: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Poop

message 26: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments One would think this would be so simple...

message 27: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments I downloaded a picture to photobucket and I see the html. I copied it, I pasted it and all that came up was the text. Am I supposed to alter that html in someway?

message 28: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Kristina wrote: "Testing, testing...

"

description

message 29: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Holy cow. You're magic. How did you make it work? That's my little Jasper, by the way.

message 30: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Kristina,

you needed a space between img and scr

message 31: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Ah. Thank you!

message 32: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments

Here are 3 of my kids.

message 33: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Kristina wrote: "I downloaded a picture to photobucket and I see the html. I copied it, I pasted it and all that came up was the text. Am I supposed to alter that html in someway?"

ok, I am really ignorant here. I am very new to the computer world, I'm lucky I can post. What is a photobucket and how does it work?

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Photobucket is a website that lets you store pictures for free.

http://photobucket.com/

You will have to set up an account, and then you should be able to download photos.

message 35: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Kristina, I love all of your animals

message 36: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Thanks, Carol. I think they're pretty awesome. It'd be so lonely to come home and not see their little furry faces.

message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments my dog makes that same face when the cat comes near "get me outta here!"

message 38: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Fletcher is the orange cat and the only "person" he get excited to see is the dog. He absolutely adores the dog. Sam is quite fond of Fletcher but prefers to rough house with him. And as I type, Jasper is sitting on my keyboard.

message 39: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments we all took turns petting and loving "baby" our oldest cat because she has been very ill with stomach cancer and we are putting her to sleep today.

message 40: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments I once lived in a house w/ a lot of roommates. one of them had a dog, a little long haired chihuahua named taco who was smaller than my big cat, Shadow (26 lbs.) and the same size as my smaller cat, Smoke. He wanted to play with them all the time...shadow always just snubbed taco and sometimes smoke would play with him. he was the best behaved and friendliest dog I ever met and laid back for a chihuahua.

message 41: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! I'm glad you and your family are able to spend some quality time with her before she has to leave you.

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Wow, Kristina! Your cats look healthy and happy. Look at those bellies! :D

Your grey cat looks just like my sister's sweet Lucy. She's a grey calico like that and totally devoted. She's about 13 or 14 and just so loving. What is your little grey girl like?

message 43: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Michele wrote: "we all took turns petting and loving "baby" our oldest cat because she has been very ill with stomach cancer and we are putting her to sleep today."

Very sorry to hear about this, Michele. We went through this about a month ago and I still sometimes reach out to scratch a little black kitty head that isn't snuggling on my bed anymore.

message 44: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments got back from the vets...little "baby" was indeed very sick...kidney disease. we held and pet her the whole time and told her how much we loved her. I swear she took a big sigh of relief and it only took a few seconds. it was peaceful and I am so glad we chose to stay w/her.

message 45: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 136 comments Yeah, my cats are little hefty. I'm trying to cut back on the amount of cat food but it's hard to know who is eating how much. My gray girl is Shadow (original, huh?). She just turned 9. She's a big baby. I think she's be happy if it was just me and her. The other animals are just kind of a nuisance to her that she tolerates. She's not the smartest but she is sweet. She can get pushy when she wants love. I'm allergic to cats but I can't help but have them. Unfortunately, Shadow is the one I have the most reaction to so I can hold and pet her for a short time before I have to go wash my hands and arms.

message 46: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) So sorry, Michele. I know how hard that was for you.

message 47: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Michele, I am very sorry.

message 48: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments BunWat wrote: "I always stay with my animals if/when I have to put them down. Its hard but I believe it helps them to smell that I am with them when they go. And believing that helps me feel a little better."

We chose not to stay once, and my wife has always regretted that decision.

message 49: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I had a cat named "Baby Kitty." He lived to be 22yrs old and died a natural death in my arms. I always joke around that he the one faithful and true man in my life.

message 50: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments on a lighter note, tinkerbell, susan's kitty is very overweight...hogs the dry food bowl. she weighs 16 lbs. down from 19 lbs the year before. both our cats now eat low cal dry food. angelica, who splits her time between susan & me, weighs in 1t 15 lbs. the vet wants them both to lose more weight. angelica came down last night for her nightly dose of chin rubs and napped cuddled up next to me for 30 minutes. sometime in the spring we will visit the animal shelter with Mark and pick out a new member of our family making sure the new cat nuzzles Mark and lets him pet her. You see Mark is somewhat learning disabled and has problems with motor coordination not to mention his hands are crippled with gout and his feet as well. the humera cost him his hair. baby, the cat we had to put to sleep was "his" kitty...she would sleep next to him and let him pet her etc etc...we don't want mark to get lonely.

« previous 1