The Novel~Tea Book Club discussion

10 views
Ideas > NTBC & UNICEF: Gifts of Education

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Novel Tea Book Club  (NovelTeaBookClubModerator) | 38 comments Mod
For Christmas this year our book group decided to donate to UNICEF. We decided to focus our donations on the "Gifts of Education." Our own educations have allowed us to read, interpret, and enjoy books and we want the same for children around the world. We donated to "Send a Child to School," which provides children with books and other school supplies. As well, we donated to "Pencils for Schools," which gives a needy school 900 pencils - a simple, but vital necessity.

We hope our little donation will help. Please consider joining us in donating to UNICEF and also giving the gift of education to those less fortunate.

http://www.unicef.ca/portal/SmartDefa...
http://www.unicef.org/


message 2: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie Campbell (marca1971) | 19 comments I think I can speak for the members of the Novel Tea Book Club in saying a big thank you to Kokeshi for organising this donation and various other initiatives for the group throughout the year. Without your efforts things wouldn't get done!

Thanks!


message 3: by Kokeshi (new)

Kokeshi | 48 comments Marjorie wrote: "I think I can speak for the members of the Novel Tea Book Club in saying a big thank you to Kokeshi for organising this donation and various other initiatives for the group throughout the year. Wit..."

You are all most welcome! It was my pleasure.


message 4: by Welwyn (new)

Welwyn Wilton Katz | 2 comments Kokeshi wrote: "Marjorie wrote: "I think I can speak for the members of the Novel Tea Book Club in saying a big thank you to Kokeshi for organising this donation and various other initiatives for the group through..."

You're a truly fine person, Kokeshi. You do a lot of research to introduce us to great new books, and you organize gifts to children who need them. All I can say is that I'm sorry I found you so late and then got too unwell to participate fully. But I'm reading the books you've recommended, and I always follow your comments. Thanks for this Book Club and for all you do. P.S. I will write a review on The Hunger Games when I'm done. Welwyn


message 5: by Kokeshi (new)

Kokeshi | 48 comments Welwyn wrote: "Kokeshi wrote: "Marjorie wrote: "I think I can speak for the members of the Novel Tea Book Club in saying a big thank you to Kokeshi for organising this donation and various other initiatives for t..."

Wow! Thank you for your kind words Welwyn. Again, it is my pleasure. Also, you haven't found our book club so late - you came just in time as the best is yet to come!


back to top