Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Dangerous Bad Boy Vs Dangerous Bad Girl: Who Should Win?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4156 comments Mod
Okay, ladies, I know we have all seen a scene in a movie or book, where the dangerous bad boy had to go up against the dangerous bad girl. When this happen, who do you think should win the fight?

I'm not down for violence, but I believe in self defense.

Dangerous bad people tend to walk in self defense shoes.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I don't care for violence but I do love seeing a gal defend herself against the bad guys. Now if you mean a bad boy hero beating up a bad girl heroine... nope wouldn't work for me. I'd not even read the book if I knew that was going on. However, if this is a meeting for the first time and they don't know who each other is then maybe I'd go for it.

message 3: by Arch (new)

Pamela,

I am talking about meeting up for the first time. Say they are both assassins and they are after the same person. The hero interrupt the heroine from killing the person they are after and she attacks him.

Now, I do have to say it's possible that someone has to defense themselves more than once.

But to say that the hero just decides to beat up the bad girl, no.

I'm talking more like action. Bad guys going after the same thing and will let nothing or anyone get in their way.

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Ok, I can see where you are going. I'd be ok with that but as soon as they knew who each other was and got their hormones going, then no violence.

message 5: by Arch (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Ok, I can see where you are going. I'd be ok with that but as soon as they knew who each other was and got their hormones going, then no violence."

No, no more fights after they get to know each other.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 16, 2010 06:28AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9736 comments Mod
I have seen some fights where the female is really evil and brutal. I think it's fine for a man to defend himself against a woman who has every intention of killing him. I don't agree with men abusing women, but I don't agree with the opposite either. I think that it's really despicable for a big strong man to beat up on a smaller, relatively defensive woman, child, or even a smaller, weaker man. It's a different story if it is an even match in which someone is fighting for their life. I think that men are conditioned to feel bad about hurting women, and an evil woman could use that to her advantage. Even so, I like that men are raised to disagree with hitting women, because I can see the rationale behind it. I hope that makes sense.

message 7: by Arch (last edited Nov 16, 2010 06:51AM) (new)

Okay, let me see if I can give an example of what I am talking about in regards to heroes and heroines in books.

Let me use Agent 47 (Timothy Olyphant version). Say, he meets up with a female version of himself. They are both assassins and they are going after John Doe. Say, they both show up at John Doe's house to get him and they surprise each other, but seeing each other, they know why the other is there and they try to stop the other from getting the target.

Say Female agent pulls a gun out on Agent 47. Of course, you know he will pull his gun out on her.

I honestly don't think that Agent 47 wouldn't defend himself against a female agent.

They would fight.

In this case, should the hero let the heroine win in their fight? After all, in the romance book, she will wind up his woman.

message 8: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
The hero would NEVER let the woman win the fight....I wouldn't like him as much if he did. That would be very un-alpha male LOL

He might, however, let it be a draw if he were so inclined.

message 9: by Arch (last edited Nov 16, 2010 06:52AM) (new)

Megan,

I would love to see the hero be bad (flirting, sending off his charm), during the fight, making the heroine mad and hate him.

message 10: by ~Megan~ (new)

Oh, he would most definitely do that....he wouldn't be able to stop himself.

message 11: by Arch (new)

Yes Megan, talk about tension. I love tension - reading and writing it!

message 12: by Arch (new)

My character Cop would defend himself against a woman.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I think a prudent hero would defend himself against a woman who is intending to kill him. He might try non-lethal force at first, though.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I like it when the hero and heroine do go up against eachother and fight, in scernarios that you have pointed out. I kond of like it when the heroine gets the upper hand in some way and leaves the hero in shock wondering the the hell just happened. I don't really want them to serious injure eachother though.

I think if a woman was doing her damndest to seriously try and kill the hero and he knew for sure that she was bad, I wouldn't think he was wrong to use lethal force as he would if it were a man. Ofcourse I would hate it and stop reading if he started beating on defenseless women, or people he knew were a lot weaker then him.

message 15: by Arch (new)

To me the best fight scene between a hero and heroine was the one between Sam and Alyssa in Gone Too Far in Walmart. It was romantic. These two were in love with one another. They were nemesis lovers.

Sam could have hurt Alyssa if he wanted to and she knew it too. But, the man would have never hurt Alyssa. He would never hit her. He made that clear in Over The Edge, when she thought he was going to hit her.

I don't think that Sam would hurt any woman, unless she was trying to really harm him, Alyssa, Ash or even Hailey.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I do like when the hero is totally bad*ss, but the heroine outdoes him, and he's totally surprised. Those are good moments, Suzanne.

message 17: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Suzanne wrote: "I like it when the hero and heroine do go up against eachother and fight, in scernarios that you have pointed out. I kond of like it when the heroine gets the upper hand in some way and leaves the ..."

My most fav of the hero and heroine fight scene has to be Mr. & Mrs. Smith's. Hands down. The Jolie-Pitt duo really rocks.

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 18, 2010 10:28AM) (new)

That was an intense fight. I was surprised that he didn't hold anything back against her.

message 19: by Arch (new)

Which fight are you talking about Danielle?

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The fight in Mr. and Mrs. Smith between Jolie and Pitt.

message 21: by Arch (new)

Oh okay Danielle. I didn't watch that movie and don't plan on watching it.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I gotts say I am not a big fan of that film either

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh I loved it. Different strokes, though.

message 24: by Arch (last edited Nov 18, 2010 01:14PM) (new)

I don't care for Angelina or Brad Pitt movies. I like Troy though. I use to like Brad Pitt, when I was younger. I grew out of that fast.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

See, I hate Troy. No offense, but I really disliked that movie. I am not that big on Brad Pitt, but I do like and respect Angelina Jolie.

message 26: by Arch (new)

I own Troy. When I say I like it, after watching it for the first time, I bought it. I like Orlando Bloom. He's the reason why I bought the movie. It was on sale for $2.99.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

That's cool. I didn't like Orlando's character in that movie, although he's gorgeous, as usual. I did like Eric Bana, but how he died was awful!

message 28: by ~Megan~ (new)

Who could focus on the plot of Troy? It was basically made so that I could ogle scantily clad hotties.

I'm pretty sure that's what they said when they were filming. "This is for Megan."

message 29: by Arch (new)

lol Megan.

I know Danielle. Eric's character died awful.

To me, it's funny to see a man in a skirt. I'm glad the skirt didn't fly up.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I couldn't watch Troy properly as I had read The Iliad not long before and I just kept bugging my friends telling them they had it all wrong!