Writing Fiction discussion

General Writing Process

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (lydia167) | 1 comments Mod
The best thing you can do for yourself is to join some sort of writing class. You may believe that everything your writing is amazing, but there are somethings that you will not notice and others will.

message 2: by James (new)

James Jackson (JAJackson) With writing, I have to agree, I had some sections that I felt were amazing. But after a 'test' read, review they had to go.. It is tough being your own critic, EVERYTHING is great... lol - After your work is complete, consider having a small group 'Test Read' - even before its final edit, perhaps... This may catch story line issues... Just my thoughts. Good Luck :)

message 3: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Clark (cynthiaclark) | 1 comments we allow members to bring four pages, double spaced, of their current project to the group. They read while we write our comments on the papers. Then we do a round robin of helpful critique and comments then pass all the papers back to the presentor. It has been very helpful, or so they say. I know it helped me even to the point of rearranging and stepping up the pace.

message 4: by ∂amieи (new)

∂amieи  Wiи∂soя (damien_windsor) | 1 comments I have always enjoyed reading different brand of fiction. I have to admit I wasn't hone on writing them. It has been just recently; that I would give myself a chance at writing my first political novel.
I will also admit that I haven't got myself motivated to finish it.
I had started doing the research for my novel a few months ago. So, I am still at the early stage. I would love, nothing more, to accomplish this book. Whether I decide to have it publish to the public. (Which in most case, I will.)

My two Inspirational writers are Stephen King and Dan Brown; which I had the satisfying pleasure of meeting them both in person. So, I am hoping one day, to follow in the footsteps in my endless journey into "the fictitious world" of Novel Writing.