We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

WLLK Book Club & Discussions > WLLK Book Club Sign Up

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments So far, I see 34 of you have said that you would be interested. That's exciting!! I used to be part of a book club before I moved at my workplace and we had such a great time, hopefully we will here as well!!

First of all, please know that this is a totally informal 'club'. Join when you want, or decline when you want. No pressure!

What we'll do is I'd like those who are interested to sign up here. This is just for those of you who voted yes, and who do want to participate. It doesn't mean you have to participate every month. But since we will be rotating who picks books for us to vote on, I'd like to have all of your names so I can approach you when your month comes to pick. If you don't want to participate, we'll just go on to the next person on the list.

I will let you know the order of participants and send you a message letting you know your turn is next so you have some time to pick books. Then we'll present your choices to the group and set up a vote.

Does this make sense? Please let me know if you have questions/suggestions/complaints!

Thank you!!

message 2: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (last edited Jun 28, 2011 08:10AM) (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Participants:

April, August & December - Open months for any and all suggestions.

Mandy
Katherine
Bekah
Becky
Carolyn F. -- June
Alycia -- July
Angela -- September
Lady Danielle -- October
Atumn -- November

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* -- December
Joeera -- January
Megan aka *Mheghan* -- February
Heidi -- March
Mimi -- May
Linds
Amanda
Reenie
Tie*YAY*shuh

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Me! Count me in.

message 4: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Yay!!

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments Me too. I'm in a bookclub and have read books I normally would not have read. So I love this idea, thanks Bekah.

message 6: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Great to have you Katherine!!!

I almost forgot to add myself!

:-)

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 320 comments Love this idea, write me on the list!

message 8: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments great to hear Becky!! If you have any suggestions/idea/complaints I really want to hear it. This will be a 'book club' that works only if it works for you!!

message 9: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 338 comments I'll go in too.

message 10: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments I'm interested too

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 181 comments Sign me up, Bekah. Sounds like fun:)

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I would like to participate at some point. I can't guarantee every month though.

message 13: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Great, thank you ladies!!!

And Danielle this is much like the challenges....not too challenging book club/group read. Join when you can!

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Sounds good, Bekah.

message 15: by Autumn (new)

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments Bekah, didnt i signed up yet on another thread? im not sure is the same one. I know you were interested on doing a book club. Anyhow, if u can count me in.. then im there! ;)

message 16: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Bekah, sign me up! I'm glad you mentioned this in the other thread, because I didn't get a notification. Goodreads has been wanky with updates the past few days.

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Bekah wrote: "I will let you know the order of participants and send you a message letting you know your turn is next so you have some time to pick books. Then we'll present your choices to the group and set up a vote. "

I love this idea. We're doing that in another group and it works out really, really well. People can guesstimate when their turn is coming up and check for new releases, etc. In the other group, it's all planned out for the year and so I know not to read certain books before the group read.

message 18: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Great to have you Dhes!! If people want to do it that way we can - plan it out for the year...it would make buying or checking out a lot easier!

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Nov 17, 2010 11:27AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Bekah, the other benefit of doing it that way is that if people want to read a series in order, they can see what books might be coming up. Your way is also great though because I love the idea of having someone pick a book because we'll get so much variety that way. Authors we've never tried before, etc...

message 20: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Well, it totally depends on the participants. If they want to plan it out maybe 6 months or a year, we certainly can.

After I receive everyone's picks, I can set up each months polls, and you guys can base your vote based on what you see coming up in the future months.

It's up to you. I'll sever however you ladies like!

message 21: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I'm just along for the ride, and the great books! I'll be happy with whatever everyone else decides!

I'm loving what you've got in store for us, Bekah!

message 22: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments I like planning in advance :)

message 23: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments Our group plans about 3 months in advance which does help.

message 24: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I think I like the three month time frame...it is enough to do some good advance planning, but not too far in advance that we can't go back and make some changes!

message 25: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Works for me!

message 26: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 320 comments I like three month plan

message 27: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 181 comments 3 months sounds good

message 28: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments So we had 39 who voted yes, is it just ten of us who only want to do picks for voting?

or should we have some open months? Jan-Mar assigned

April - open month? May-July assigned August - open,

Sep-Nov assigned, Dec - open?

What do the other 38 think? :-) And the previous ten too of course!!

message 29: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments I think that is a good idea to have some open months. Espcially those that are so busy.

message 30: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I do too...I like that schedule of three open months...for just anyone to suggest books for us to vote on!!!

message 31: by Joeera (last edited Nov 29, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Joeera  | 254 comments sign me up

message 32: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Yay! Ok Joeera!!!

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments sign me up please

message 34: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Okey doke I will!!!

message 35: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 181 comments I vote for the three open months

message 36: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I think thats what we'll do Angela!! April will be our first open month.

So Mandy will start us off tomorrow. We'll give her a couple of days to get us about 5 ideas for our first read in January and then I will set up a poll for everyone to vote anonymously, then give us some time to get the book and read it for discussion in January.

Sound good to everyone?

message 37: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 320 comments Sounds great!

message 38: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Bekah wrote: "I think thats what we'll do Angela!! April will be our first open month.

So Mandy will start us off tomorrow. We'll give her a couple of days to get us about 5 ideas for our first read in Ja..."

Holy Cow! What am I doing again? LOL!!

I understand that I'm submitting 5 books for voting for reading in Jan? Am I correct? And how do I choose the books? What do I choose??

Ohhh . . .I'm so nervous!! What if I pick bad books???

message 39: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments lol..Calm down. I sent you an e mail. Pick a minimum of 5 books please. I believe the only request we've had is that they are HEA books. So no books that leave us in agony at the end. E mail me your choices when you have them, and I'll create a poll for people to vote. Choose what you like...they can be books you want to read, books you've loved and want to reread, oldies but goodies, or a combination of those or whatever you want. Have some books you want to read coming up? Add those. No pressure. That's why we get to vote and everyone gets a month to throw their own ideas into the pot. "Bad books" serve a purpose just as "good books" do.

Have fun! We're all here willing to have fun and read books!

message 40: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments I felt the same way Mandy...I'm doing Feburary and I'm thinking what if they don't like my picks. LOL Can't wait to see what yours are.

message 41: by Angela (new)

Angela (ladiromance) | 181 comments Sounds good to me too. Mandy, you'll be fine. I'm sure we'll love voting from your picks. After all, we all share a love of good books and some bad too as Bekah mentioned.

message 42: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments SURE! Why not! Count me in!

message 43: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments awesome!!!!

message 44: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments Bekah wrote: "Participants:
Mandy -- January
Katherine -- February
Bekah -- March
Becky -- May
Carolyn F. -- June
Alycia -- July
Angela -- Septembe..."

Bekah, what happened to April?

message 45: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (last edited Dec 07, 2010 11:39AM) (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments we decided to do three open months a year. So April, Ausust and December are open months - anyone and everyone can suggest a book and then we vote.

Does that sound ok to you?

We also thought planning three months at a time would be helpful.

message 46: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments I gotcha now. :) sounds good to me

message 47: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Great!

message 48: by Mimi (new)

Mimi | 4 comments Hi. I would like to sign up.
I follow this group since a while. Maybe time to "talk" to you all (not just to read your threads).
I love this corner of the net, by the way. Found so many good book recommendations here!

Where do I vote on the books?

message 49: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Hi Mimi!!! Please join us. Jump in on all the conversations! Can't wait to get to know more about you.

(PS: We love this corner of the net too!!)

Here is the link to the polls:
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/28...

If it doesn't work you can find it at the top of this page to the right where it says group home, bookshelf, etc...the next to last link is for the Polls for the group.

Enjoy!!

message 50: by Linds (new)

Linds I'd like to join please!

« previous 1