Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What Are You Reading Novemeber 15?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2113 comments Mod
I'm starting the week with The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima.

message 2: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I am reading The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Julie Anne Long's Holt trilogy - I'm on the second book now (Ways to Be Wicked) and liking it a lot. She mixes humor and deep emotion so well.

message 4: by Okie (new)

Kasey, I loved TSLOB!

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I am at the middle of Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh and after that I think I'll read Iris Johansen - Midnight Warrior... After that I'll re-read the Psy-Changelling series also by Nalini Singh.

message 6: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
I have reread the Carr Grace Valley series, which is fun, and read the Fools Gold series by Susan Mallery. I really disliked the second book in that series--the poor heroine had everyone being nasty to her and acting like the hero had done nothing wrong.

message 7: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1923 comments Mod
I'm a little over halfway through Kylie Brant's new one DEADLY INTENT. It's really good so far.

message 8: by Calila (new)

Calila Just read a great short story Kept by Zoe Winters.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 13 comments Forgiven by Shelley Shepard Gray...this is noy my normal kind of read, but I read the first two fo this trilogy and had to read the 3rd.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyw35) | 128 comments Dls wrote: "I have reread the Carr Grace Valley series, which is fun..."

That is my favorite series by Carr. It's one of my comfort reads. I think I've read it 3 times so far.

I'm currently reading Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson.

message 11: by Calila (new)

Calila Read The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker (Strangely Beautiful, #2) by Leanna Renee Hieber. Didn't enjoy as much as the first book but still a great read.

message 12: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
Reading The Year of Living Scandalously. I find London is a highly variable author; some of her books I can't finish (which may partly be my low tolerance for dialect) but I think The Book of Scandal may be one of the best romances I have ever read, and very brave in how it deals with a couple's coming to terms with the death of their young child given that their marriage was basically an arranged affair and not strong enough to handle the death. This book is interesting.

message 13: by Okie (new)

I finished up with The Warrior Heir, Loved it!! Can't wait to start book 2 in the series. Tonight I'm gonna start on Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz.

message 14: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I have a December 1 deadline for some freelance stuff, so I'm reading very little. I did manage to post a couple of NetGalley reviews today. I finished NR's Happy Ever After, but the review will have to wait. The Christmas books are stacking up, and I hope to do lots of reading next month.

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1036 comments I just finished A Duke's Temptation by Jillian Hunter. Despite the less-than-impressive title, I think this is her best book yet. Strongly recommended.

message 16: by Calila (new)

Calila Read Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean. Liked "9 Rules" better but this was good.

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I'm starting Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force by Marie Force...

message 18: by Calila (new)

Calila Read When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer. Great book! Loved the banter/bickering between hero/heroine.

message 19: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Calila wrote: "Read When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer. Great book! Loved the banter/bickering between hero/heroine."

I'm reading that now, Calila! I agree, it's really funny. The bickering rings very true.

I finished Julie Anne Long's Holt trilogy earlier this week. The second (Ways to Be Wicked) was my favorite, but I liked them all. Have any of you read her Pennyroyal books? I have my eye on those...

message 20: by Calila (new)

Calila Just read A Storm of Pleasure by Terri Brisbin. Really enjoyed it.

message 21: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Theresa wrote: "Julie Anne Long's Holt trilogy - I'm on the second book now (Ways to Be Wicked) and liking it a lot. She mixes humor and deep emotion so well."

Okie, I loved it too! It is such a great book.

message 22: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
I really love the Pennyroyal books especially the first two