Book Club discussion

Book Stores

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 33 comments I thought a little discussion on getting books in to actual stores would be good. I just got my book accepted by Barns and Nobles. I am self published so the fact that they are buying 100 copies of my book for their store is really big news.
The way I did this was buy first speaking with the CRM of the Barns and Nobles in my area. She directed me to where on the website I could contact the right people. They told me what kind of proposal they wanted me to type up and after that I sent it in with my book and they accepted it.
This has really made my morning and I really wanted to share this with everyone. Next I was thinking about getting it into a library. Does anyone have experience with this? Maybe you could direct me on how to do that next. :)

message 2: by John (new)

John Cicero | 71 comments Mod
Great News Elizabeth...congrats!

Can you also provide the link to the website on Barnes & Noble where you were successful? I'm sure this will help some of our fellow authors.

Good luck with the sales!

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Dunbar | 66 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I thought a little discussion on getting books in to actual stores would be good. I just got my book accepted by Barns and Nobles. I am self published so the fact that they are buying 100 copies of..."

With whom do you distribute and print, what kind of discount do you offer to the bookseller, are your books returnable, are you published as an individual or through a small press you created, is your book fiction or non-fiction, is it a paperback or hard cover (or other binding)?

I definitely would like to learn more. Congratulations on your success!

Cheers!

Christopher Dunbar

message 4: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 105 comments Congratulations Elizabeth.

Maybe, you should contact your local library and ask for information. They should be able to answer your library question or direct you to the right person.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 33 comments I am planning on doing a blog post about it at my site www.vampyrekisses.com today. That way I can put up lots of information and links. :)

I self published through Eloquent Books (strategic). They use Ingram. My books are returnable. My book Vampyre Kisses is fiction and paperback. It is also available in ebook form on amazon, smashwords, and b&n.

Thanks for the congrats!

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 131 comments I contacted my library system through email and they just sent me to the person. I use Ingram with my self publishing and they still didn't put it in my book in the stores I tried emailing the people of the barnes and nobles by me. Seriously congrats!!!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 33 comments Thanks for letting me know Ottilie! ... I wrote up the post which gives more details on how I got my book into B&N in case your interested! http://www.vampyrekisses.com/?p=847

And thanks for the congrats .. I'm walking on clouds right now. But next, I got to get 100 people to buy the book. lol. It's a never ending process I swear!

message 8: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 131 comments I did the library in my county and the school library. Town libraries like to give authors in the area a chance. Haha yeah it really is never ending...I'll check out the site!

message 9: by Reena (new)

Reena Jacobs (reenajacobs) | 95 comments This is an awesome step. Congratulations. :) I'm going to share it with some of my indie buddies.

message 10: by Reena (new)

Reena Jacobs (reenajacobs) | 95 comments I'm going to do a little plug here. On my blog I have a series going for indie authors to share their experiences and knowledge about the indie business. If you, Elizabeth, or anyone else would like to do a guest post or interview, I'd be very appreciative. Here's the original post: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/2010/10/a...

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 33 comments that sounds awsome Reena. Let me think up something to write about. I have been a little behind because I was very sick for a week and a half. But I'll come up with something!