Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 25 comments Is there any way for me to read fictionwise secure ebooks on my nook?

This is the warning I get, but I wasn't sure if I could somehow load it on my nook?

One or more of the eBooks you are about to purchase is in Secure eReader format. This eBook format can be read on the iPhone and iPod touch, Palm OS devices, PocketPC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 and later, PC/Mac and Symbian devices, using the eReader software. This file is encrypted using your name and credit card number and can only be opened using that data. Please also note that this format does not work on the Sony Reading device.

TIA

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (psinderson) Hi, Bekah. Yes, the nook reads secure eReader books. Fictionwise books will work with nook.

Paul

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Calvin (romsfuulynn) | 3 comments Yes. It is invisible if you use the same credit card both places. You just put them in the "My documents" folder. Occasionally a particular book will cause it to get stuck. (I own about 1800 secure eReader books from Fictionwise and eReader.com and when I try to load large numbers it will choke.)

message 4: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 25 comments Ok, great!! Thank you so much for letting me know!!!

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Calvin (romsfuulynn) | 3 comments I'm pretty sure it prompts you for name and credit card if you use a different one.

message 6: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 25 comments I downloaded and had no problems!! Thank you so much!

message 7: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 59 comments I transferred a secured eReader book that I got from Fictionwise to my NookColor, but it won't open! I get an error message saying "unsupported file format". What am I doing wrong?

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 292 comments Carlissa wrote: "I transferred a secured eReader book that I got from Fictionwise to my NookColor, but it won't open! I get an error message saying "unsupported file format". What am I doing wrong?"

You might have to put it through ADE.

message 9: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 59 comments ADE won't open secure eReader books either. What else can I try?

message 10: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
My first thought is to check to make sure you downloaded the right format, and then download again, asking it to open the file with ADE instead of saving it.

message 11: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 59 comments As far as I know Secure eReader ebooks from Fictionwise only come in one format and they are .pdb files which do not seem to work on my Nook or with ADE. If you are talking about the multiformat books, they do have epub ebooks, but they are not the same as Secure eReader ebooks. Can you clarify which ones will work on the Nook?

message 12: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (last edited Sep 10, 2011 09:05AM) (new)

Ah. I should have known, this is always the problem lately. .pdb files will not work on the Nook Touch and I guess not on the NookColor, either. This information is not nearly as well publicized as it should be. I suggest you contact fictionwise and ask them for a refund and to clarify which ereaders the .pdb files work with on their site.

message 13: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

You know, I don't see how fictionwise is going to be able to keep selling the secure ereader format, since the number of ereaders it works on is shrinking. Then again, Diesel books still sells mostly completely out of date formats.

message 14: by Carlissa (new)

Carlissa | 59 comments willaful wrote: "Ah. I should have known, this is always the problem lately. .pdb files will not work on the Nook Touch and I guess not on the NookColor, either. This information is not nearly as well publicized as..."

I didn't think that secure ereader would work on the Nook, but since a few people on this thread said that they have gotten them to work, I thought I would try. I can still read them on my iPod Touch, so I'm not out the money, but it would be nicer to read them on my Nook.

message 15: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

They do work on the old Nook... what's that called now, Nook Classic?