Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > Naked In.... J.D. Robb

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Nov 14, 2010 10:47AM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
After reading this first book.. I figured this one definatly deserves a thread... WOWSERS!!!! Loved this book.. I can honestly say that Eve and Roarke were quite possibly one of the most fantastic ( from the Small-ish, Strictly Romance, Non Epic Proportion genre) characters EVER...

I have to let my words come together in this wee brain of mine before I write a review... but in the mean time... HOLY GOD!!!

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oh... See I was so excited I forgot the links... Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6) by J.D. Robb Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5) by J.D. Robb Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) by J.D. Robb Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb Rapture in Death (In Death, #4) by J.D. Robb
Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb Witness in Death (In Death, #10) by J.D. Robb Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb Seduction in Death (In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb Purity in Death (In Death, #15) by J.D. Robb Imitation in Death (In Death, #17) by J.D. Robb Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb Survivor In Death (In Death, #20) by J.D. Robb Creation in Death (In Death, #25) by J.D. Robb Reunion in Death (In Death, #14) by J.D. Robb Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb Origin in Death (In Death, #21) by J.D. Robb Strangers in Death (In Death, #26) by J.D. Robb Salvation in Death (In Death, #27) by J.D. Robb Promises in Death (In Death, #28) by J.D. Robb Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5) by J.D. Robb Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5) by J.D. Robb Eternity in Death (In Death, #24.5) by J.D. Robb Kindred in Death (In Death, #29) by J.D. Robb Haunted in Death (In Death, #22.5) by J.D. Robb Fantasy in Death (In Death, #30) by J.D. Robb Ritual in Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5) by J.D. Robb Missing in Death (In Death, #29.5) by J.D. Robb Indulgence in Death (In Death, #31)  by J.D. Robb Treachery in Death (In Death, #32) by J.D. Robb Possession in Death by J.D. Robb

And there's a whole lotta them... YAY!!!

message 3: by willaful (new)

willaful I liked them as a couple so much I dreamed about them the other night! :-) http://www.goodreads.com/user_status/...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished this morning.... sigh. I wish I had lined up a few more from this series to read because now I am hooked! I saw J.D Robb's name pop up over and over. On forums, goodreads, and Amazon. But, I never really liked Nora Robert's books, and I thought it was just some crime novel she wrote under another name. Boy was I wrong!!! It's like a futuristic CSI with romance and steamy love scenes. I agree with Shell: Roarke and Eve Dallas are fantastic! I ordered Glory In Death..... I guess I'll have to wait patiently :(

message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I just finished the first one lastnite... Man it was awesome... I went and bought the next three in the series today.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't wait. I cancelled my order and went to B&N to pick up the second book. I've still got 3 and 4 on order.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 35 comments This is a great series! LOVE Eve & Roarke..if ya liked the first book it even gets better...love all the new charaters to each book and its great when each book is different in story-line. there is a group for J.D. Robb..that talks about all the books. I just avoid the spoiler sections for the ones I havent read yet..check it out if your getting addicted!

message 8: by willaful (new)

willaful Our library hasn't bought the most recent titles. :-( I think I may give in and buy them when I get an ereader.

message 9: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments (from the Small-ish, Strictly Romance, Non Epic Proportion genre) characters EVER

Shell your so funny! Love your enthusiasm!

I can tell most of you all are out of my league when it comes to reading! I thought I was a book worm! But I can hardly hold a candle to you!

message 10: by Leea (new)

Leea Ok now you have my attention... Never read a Nora Roberts book in my life... But if you ladies love them!! Might need to hit Borders later :)

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 7 comments I love the "In Death" series! I always picture David Gandy (below) as the perfect Roarke.

message 12: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments He's not too far off how I see Roarke either! Love this series, and really like Nora Roberts books as well. No idea how she puts out such consistently good books at the rate she does!

message 13: by Pinda (new)

Pinda | 37 comments Cynthia wrote: "I love the "In Death" series! I always picture David Gandy (below) as the perfect Roarke.

"

HEllO! Happy Thursday to you with a pic like that! Thank you for the eye candy.

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 7 comments Pinda wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "I love the "In Death" series! I always picture David Gandy (below) as the perfect Roarke.

You're more than welcome! He DOES make me swoon... sigh. ;-)
"

HEllO! Happy Thursday to you with a pic like that! Thank you for the eye candy."

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Damn good Roarke there... Yup.. He's a definate gooder... Thankyou.. Now I have a face to envision while drooling over the next book... :)... Seeing how we are on the subject.. Who do you picture as Eve?

message 16: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Nov 19, 2010 11:19PM) (new)

Leea wrote: "Ok now you have my attention... Never read a Nora Roberts book in my life... But if you ladies love them!! Might need to hit Borders later :)"

Neither had I... Never really wanted too.. then I saw this one, read the back and thought... 'ehh..What the hell'... I wasn't dissapointed.. Mind you, I have only read the first 2.. and there is like 40 of these bloody things...YOWZA.. Big assed series to devour...

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 19, 2010 11:35PM) (new)

Wow, that is a nice Roarke. As Eve, I picture Morena Baccarin From the remake of the miniseries V.
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Morena Baccarin was the one also in Firefly, right? I love her.

Unfortunately, [img] tags don't work on GR. Here's your pic.

[image error]

Next time try this link with your address in between the quotations, just remove the ! point before you post so the link won't be broken. I have to break the link or it posts a pic instead of text.

message 19: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 7 comments I picture Stana Katic from the TV show "Castle." She's let her hair grow out now, but here's a picture with shorter hair...she's tall, lean and coincidentally, plays a cop in NY on the show.

[image error]

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 20, 2010 09:48AM) (new)

Thanks Stacia! Yes, I First saw Morena Baccarin in Firefly where she had much longer hair.

Yay, I did it!

message 21: by Leea (new)

Leea Just picked up Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb hope to read it soon... you ladies sure like it = hope it will to!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This series and Stephanie Plum are two that I keep "meaning" to try but keep forgetting to. I do shy away from contemp romances, but these are more thriller or mystery based, right?

message 23: by Leea (new)

Leea Yes I think so... Should read it in a few days. So I'll let you know!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you enjoy it Leea. I'm just getting ready to start Rapture in Death, the fourth book in the series.

message 25: by Leea (new)

Leea Yeah i really can't wait...

message 26: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I never noticed this thread!

I love this series too. I still need to read the last four newest ones, starting at Kindred in Death (I don't read the novellas.)

That Roarke perfect is really great. He does look like Roarke. I also like Stana Katic as Eve. She's got the sharper features that are described and she can pull off the toughness.

I love Eve and Roarke, but my favorite characters from the series are McNab and Charles Monroe. I love Peabody and McNab, too!

message 27: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments Peabody and McNab make me laugh all the time!

message 28: by Leea (new)

Leea Just started Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb with so many books i'm wondering what these are really about. i also did not know that they were based in the future 2058... Interesting :)

message 29: by Leea (new)

Leea Okay so i'm loving Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb . Do all the books center around Eve and Roarke??

message 30: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Yup. :)

message 31: by Leea (new)

Leea wow... that's a lot of Eva and Roarke :)

message 32: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It follows their lives, each book is a new big case.

message 33: by Leea (new)

Leea Oh fun... I can't wait thanks wendy!

message 34: by Leea (new)

Leea Just finished Naked in Death - Loved it!!! I just put a hold on the next 2 books and have to wait for 2 people... uhhh!!!

So glad i found this series!

message 35: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) She comes out with a new one in this series all the time, like 2 or 3 a year. So it's hard to remember what happened in the first book... except Roarke keeping the button from her gray suit... yeah, I love those guys.

message 36: by Leea (new)

Leea yeah the button was very cute for sure...

message 37: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments The most amazing thing about this series is that the author is so prolific and yet the quality of the books is so consistent.

message 38: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I agree. Sometimes i wonder if we'll eventually find out that it's a penname for many authors, like Caroline Keene of the Nancy Drews.

message 39: by Leea (new)

Leea This was my first Nora Roberts/ J. D. Robb book... Have you ladies read her other books?

message 40: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I've read quite a few. I like some more then others.

If I could recommend I would say... Born in Fire (Born In trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts Born in Ice (Born In trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts Born in Shame (Born In trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts , the Born In trilogy. Or Carnal Innocence, Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts .

message 41: by Leea (new)

Leea Thanks Wendy! I will give them a try.

message 42: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I just started this series too Leea~ I have read the first 2~ Although I own the first 8

message 43: by Leea (new)

Leea Shell, I'm second in line for the GLory in death and Immortal in death at the library so it might take awhile to get them... I really did enjoy the first book and see a lot of potential.

message 44: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (Ronnie95) | 1 comments I have read all of these books and I seriously cannot wait until Celebrity in Death comes out on February 21st!