J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > How Many Times Is Eve Going to Ask Roarke...?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Okay, how many times is Eve going to doubt Roarke can pick a lock, bypass a computer keypad, or hack into just about anything with his unregistered computer equipment?
At times she seems to know he has the ability to do so, but she asks anyway. More often than not, though, she asks him like she really isn't sure. Okay, why isn't she sure?

message 2: by Karon (new)

Karon (agmommy) | 182 comments Maybe it's not a question of "CAN" he do it, but "WILL" he do it? I'm only about 6 books into this series, but the vibe I get is that she hates asking unless she has to. Yes he is rich and powerful but so far I haven't seen her take full advantage of much of it....unless she has to. It's what makes me love her character even more.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Hi Karon,

I agree with you about her reluctance to ask him. But Roarke usually asks her why she's insulting him, or responds with, "Have a little faith, Lt".

message 4: by Karon (new)

Karon (agmommy) | 182 comments After posting, I really cued into this while reading Vengeance in Death towards the end. You are right, it is almost insulting. Even by the 6th book (in their relationship) she shouldn't have to ask. She's awful good at barking out orders, even to him...so why not for that too?