Ladies who love Laurell discussion

NEXT BOOK

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments I SCORED AS EDWARD IN THAT QUIZ. WHEN IS THE NEXT LAURELL BOOK DUE AND WHICH SERIES WILL IT BE?

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments OMG! I HAVE TO WAIT THAT LONG FOR MY NEXT LAURELL FIX?

message 3: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Actually, it's called "Hit List", Anita Blake #20.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/94...

Goodreads has 06/07/2011 as the release date, but I'm sure it's tentative at this point

message 4: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments in hit list do you think one of the major charectors will die

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments I certainly hope not. If so, I vote for Edward.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) Maybe Richard will FINALLY grow a pair! LOL

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments well, in "Bullet" it looked like Richard was at least trying...

message 8: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 88 comments Richard was great in Bullet...let's hope he stays that way

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments Yeah. Sure hope so. But it's going to take a long time before people really begin to trust him again. He let Anita & Jean-Claude down so many times and insulted so many people. I know he has "issues" but he had those issues when he became part of the triumvate. Just another example of his not thinking things through. What did he think would happen after that?

message 10: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 88 comments True and really Richard wouldn't be Richard if he wasn't being a pain in the ass.

message 11: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments I like edward and i think if richerd died the story will be fractured did anybody like victore from skin trade an bullet. And will this be her final book?

message 12: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Lorena wrote: "in hit list do you think one of the major charectors will die"

Michele wrote: "I certainly hope not. If so, I vote for Edward."

I'd love Edward to go away, but the one that needs do die is Olaf. Why he survived a single book, I'll never understand.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) I must agree with the Olaf thing. That is one character that I won't miss either.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) Sorry to be so hard on Richard. He did get better in Bullet, but I just find him tiring!

message 15: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments richard is a little tiring and jealous but that's richard and i absalutly agree about olaf but you gotta admit it did make the books more intresting in a creepy kind of way .

message 16: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 278 comments Lorena wrote: "i absalutly agree about olaf but you gotta admit it did make the books more intresting in a creepy kind of way . "

Not for me, but then I haven't really liked any of the books with Edward in them from "Obsidian Butterfly" on. Edward takes over a book. Olaf just makes it worse. I want vampire and lycanthrope politics, not boys playing with guns.

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I can't wait for the next book. I love Edward. Olaf is creepy, but he always makes the story interesting.

message 18: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments Anyone who kills Edward would have Anita to contend with for sure. She considers him a mentor in her job as vampire executioner.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura Emmons (lauraemmons) | 22 comments LOL I feel on the outside at the moment. I must admit Olaf is a character that's creepy enough and dangerous enough that I love reading his parts. It gives me chills thinking about him walking up behind me. :)

message 20: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krys20118) | 5 comments I love edward! she can't kill him off!! I think Anita would kill whoever killed him for sure but then would be very shaken up about someone who could kill edward...and could they kill her?! i think it would be too much and I hope Laurell never tries it!! Obsidian Butterfly was one of my FAV. books.

message 21: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments So was "Skin Trade"

message 22: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments i love skin trade the new and old charecters blended really well hey michele did you like victore from skin trade ?

message 23: by April (new)

April | 2 comments Oh my goodness! I can't believe I'm in the minority here, but I agree with Krystal. I absolutely love Edward! He's so mysterious and kick ass, especially in the early days! Obsidian Butterfly was one of my fav books too! And I know a few friends of mine that completely agree. I also have to say, I'd really rather read about boys (and girls) with their guns than politics. Ugh, I hate the excessive politics that show up in the books lately. I'm hoping that the next books will get back to more detective work and action. It showscases some of Anita's best strengths.

message 24: by Suz (new)

Suz Lisa wrote: "Maybe Richard will FINALLY grow a pair! LOL"

HAHAHAHAHA

Too right.

message 25: by Suz (new)

Suz Lorena - I LOVED Victor. I just have a feeling about that guy. I like him a lot.

Richard just pisses me off. I don't trust his transformation and as for him "trying" I say get over yourself, you're a leader not only of the pack but of the entire supernatural community because of your triumvirate (that YOU fought to be a part of!) Suck it up, grow the hell up, and man up. Who cares that you're upset? What are you, 12?

Olaf - oh man just the name makes my skin crawl. Creep factor of +100.

Want to know who should die? Dolph. He's outlived his usefulness. Either die or grow up and come to terms with the world he's living in.

Geeez, I sound a bit over invested, don't I? hahahaha

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura Emmons (lauraemmons) | 22 comments Wow Lorena I'd never considered Dolph, that's a good idea.

message 27: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments I LOVED Victor. I just have a feeling about that guy. I like him a lot.
Me to SUZ when i fist read about him i fell in love and i thought it was funny how chang bebe wanted them to merry

message 28: by Suz (new)

Suz *nods at Lorena* I agree, Lorena. I liked him very much in...which one was set in Vegas? Anyway, the first one we met him in. And in the last book he was great too, even though we only got a little bit of him. I don't think it's in the cards for he and Anita to be an item and more's the pity because it will mean we don't get to see him much. He's needed in Vegas and there's no way Anita is leaving St. Louis, but wouldn't it be great if he became her get-away vacation buddy? :D

I'm dreaming, now. hahaha

message 29: by Kris (new)

Kris (kdarrin) | 2 comments So is there going to be another Meredith Book? I read somewhere it might be done is that true?

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I think Hit List is going to be Anita tracking down the Mother of Darkness since she split up her soul. So maybe Anita is going to track down all the vampires that contain a piece of soul and destroy them or the pices of soul they contain.

message 31: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments SUZ i know one can only dream

message 32: by Lora (new)

Lora Savchova (luxuria) | 9 comments Kris wrote: "So is there going to be another Meredith Book? I read somewhere it might be done is that true?"

Yeah, in a fan convention, Laurell explained that writing a book from each of the series every year is very tiresome so she decided that instead, she'll write two book from one of the series a year and then the same next year but with the other series.
So, according to her own words, this year we'll get at least one Merry book, since she's still writing Hit List. ^^

message 33: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments WAIT does anyone now for shor when hit list is coming out

message 34: by Cat Russell (new)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) (catrussell) Does anyone read the comics? I'm a little upset because the newest one "Circus of the Damned: Ingenue" has already been released. I looked everywhere for a release date last month and couldn't find one, so I'm behind now. :( Anyways, Larry is in the story. He's actually on the cover of Ingenue #3. I'm so excited! ;)

message 35: by Cat Russell (new)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) (catrussell) Lorena ~ Amazon and Goodreads says June 7th. I couldn't find a specific date on Laurell's site the last time I looked.

message 36: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments COOL thanks Cat im excited my B-DAYS in june

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 129 comments wow so im reading the posts here... for hitlist is some one supposed to die?

and I can not wait for the next Merry book!

message 38: by Lorena (last edited Jan 18, 2011 03:15PM) (new)

Lorena | 22 comments Lauren were not sure just thinking what might happen

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 129 comments Oh thanks Lorena.

message 40: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments no prob what you think might happen or want to happen in the next book

message 41: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 129 comments well i finally started liking Richard again so im hoping he dosen't screw that up. Reading the comments, i wound't mind getting rid of dolph. I def want her to go back to her police work though, I do miss it. I had enough of the sex for awhile.

message 42: by Lorena (new)

Lorena | 22 comments i agree about richard not so much about dolp like i do't want to get rid of him just get him back before he started freakin out. and the sex is getting well not old just a little to much

message 43: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments next Anita Blake due June 7th? I'll have to reserve a copy unless my bookclub has it. I hope they do.

message 44: by Cat Russell (new)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) (catrussell) I agree with Lauren and Lorena. I definitely liked the stories that had more of her detective work involved. I miss that. Also, I love a really hot sex scene, I think every book should have at least one, but I also like some emotions with it as well. When she's having sex with so many different men with little or no romance in the story, it does become a little bothersome. I love Anita's books but with some of them I found myself completely skimming over the sex scenes so I could continue the story. And no, I'm not a person who says "I loved the Anita Blake books until later in the series", so nobody jump me ;) As long as Laurell's writing them, I'm going to read them.

message 45: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments Anita has casual sex for 2 reasons: 1)someone else controlled her (Blood Noir & Skin Trade) or 2)she/they needed the power it raised to survive. She is still uncomfortable about loving so many men all at the same time. Talk about conflicted! I also miss her police work/vampire execution work. I really enjoyed Obsidian Butterfly. Hope Dolph straightens up soon, maybe Zerbowski will take over for Dolph?

message 46: by Cat Russell (new)

Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines) (catrussell) Yes, she is uncomfortable with it. Which is why, in the name of friendship, I volunteered to take Nathaniel off her hands. Unfortunately, she still hasn't responded.

That is a great idea, by the way, he would be an excellent replacement for Dolph. He's much more entertaining.

message 47: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments I'll take Micah or Jean-Claude.

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 129 comments yeah i wound't get rid of all the sex but a little less of it be nice.

message 49: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments I read somewhere that another author said Laurell writes the best sex scenes. What I like best about Anita is the way she protects everyone. Her sense of duty is amazing. I also like that she is so strong both physically and psychologically.

message 50: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 55 comments I would think that some of the lesser characters might get picked off (like one of Jean Claude's bouncers), or maybe someone starts taking shots at Jean Claude and Anita or her pack and she has to figure out who before someone dies.

As long as this is a full book, I'll be happy.

I really would rather have the next Meredith Gentry book. I cannot wait to see what the twins look like.

« previous 1 3