Love Inspired Historicals discussion

speaking of names in books

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments reading Janets comments about names in books got me thinking.
Have you ever found your name in a book. One of the Barbour christmas novellas of a few years back was link with it being set in one place and the stories linked.
Well there was a Jenny Blake in the book. It was strange seeing my name in a book. She was nothing like me but it was strange reading my name.
I have seen other names of people I know in books before which is fun.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Jenny -- that would be fun. I don't think I'll ever see a Janet Tronstad in a book unless I put it there. It's an unusual name, not likely to happen by random.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments There are so many Jenny blakes in this world if you look just on something like face book there are so many.
but was interesting.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy I remember now, the DeVries was a saloon girl. I'm getting closer to remembering the book. The dad owned the lumberyard and there was a man trying to build a gambling house and the town was fighting him on it.

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Strangely enough, I haven't read a book with a Christine Johnson as a major character, but they must be out there. It's such a common name, just like Jenny's. Lots of Christines, though, and it always gives me a tiny hiccup until I get into the character's personality.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I was actually named after the book Heidi :), but I haven't read anything else with Heidi characters.

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I read one of Robin Jones Gunns sisterchick books once the one in england and they have an older lady in it from the south I think but shes called Opal. a friend and I both read it and had the same reaction. We know an Opal from Alabama who was about the same age and she could have almost been this ladies twin.
The book my name was in was a secondary character but she was in a couple of the novella's stories.

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy It was driving me crazy trying to think of the book I read with my last name as it was a good book so I went on a search and then found the Author's email to me.

Spring Creek Bride- A Historical book- Janice Thompson.

DeVries is a dutch name and it is alot like Smith and Jones.

Not that it mattered to anyone but me where I seen it but I would highly recommend the book. It was really good!

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments well, i have seen " hudson" on one of love inspired books. I don't remember which one. I think I have seen my name Terri or Terrie on one of christian books Such as John Benton book " Terri" I don't remember if I have seen Terri somewhere in love inspired books.

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I have seen my surname but then blake is quite common also and have seen jenny or jennifer. but it was the combination together that I found interesting. it was actually strange seeing my name like it was.

message 11: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I have never seen my name yet, hardly ever see Melody as a main character. I did find my brothers name not too long ago. :) For the life of me I can't remember which book it was, but it was Love Inspired. Dr. Sam Martin. Maybe one of you remember... I laughed out loud, since a Dr. is one of the last things my bro would ever be, but sure fun to see his name in writing. :)