Foreign Languages discussion

Chat/ Announcements

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Hi, I just noticed we don't have a chat thread, so I decided to make one.

Have fun!

message 3: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hi what's up?

message 4: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments HI! Ohhh nothing much just figuring out chemistry issues lol...how is everyone?

message 5: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) eeh chemistry ;P are they hard?

message 6: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. lol

right now i want to understand how to do electron dot diagrams well before i continue to the next unit.

message 7: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) sounds hard to me

message 8: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments lol....it can be...I wish i did it when i was in highschool though...

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 57 comments How old are you?????? roughly..

message 10: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments lol...27

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 57 comments ohhhhhh.....hehe

message 12: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments yeah...i'm old

message 14: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments Would it be difficult to learn two languages at once? I would think it is.

message 15: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments Wow...that is a lot at once.

message 16: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) same here. Im learning English, French and German

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 57 comments I'm learning French, German, Latin and am taking Italian classes so that I can do a GCSE.

message 18: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments What does GCSE mean? :( I don't know the terms they use.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 57 comments i think it's General Certificate of Secondary Education.

message 20: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments okay..very good thanks!

message 22: by Juliet_CM (new)

Juliet_CM | 30 comments Wow! all these languages at the same time! Is it something you usually do at schools?

In Spain, the "normal" thing is to study in Spanish (unless it is a bilingual School) , and English as another subject. Lately, there exists the option to study French in E.S.O. (Secondary Compulsory Education - from 12 years)

Of course, that depends on the schools, but I'm talking about the average.

And you can learn whatever you like after school, XD

message 23: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 46 comments That is true. I suppose the highschool system in canada thinks like that.

message 24: by Saira (new)

Saira (herumouni) | 26 comments I don't find learning multiple languages hard. I'm learning six at once, never mixed up a word, though I almost used Gaelic grammar while trying to write in Japanese once today. XD They are Japanese, Latin, Gaelic, French, Arabic and Italian, btw.

message 25: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) wow, six languages at once. And you don't mix them up! I wish... I hate it when i'm in German class and something like "Fisch cru" comes out instead of "Röh Fisch" or when i sometimes mix English and french spelling

message 26: by Saira (new)

Saira (herumouni) | 26 comments I guess most of them sound and are spelled so differently that they don't get mixed. Like I see Japanese in kana in my head-I can't even learn it well in roumaji-and I see many Arabic words in abjad, sometimes with the vowels. And mixing Gaelic words with any of them? How?! XD French and Italian sound so different to me, maybe that's why I don't mix them up? As for Latin and Italian-who knows?

I like the advance language gym. Hopefully I can move to there real soon. That is, if someone else speaks a language I do.

message 27: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) the only language I could practice with you is French

message 28: by Kaoyashi (new)

Kaoyashi | 2 comments Hi everybody!!! Nice to meet you!!!!!