Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Dec BOM Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Nov 18, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Well, it's that time again! Time to start nominations for next month's Book of the Month (BOM). If there is a book that you would like to nominate, please do so here.

Each person can nominate ONE book. The nominated books will then be put into a poll, and the two books with the most votes will be featured for December!

Here's a link to our BOM History. Please do not nominate a book we have already read as a group.

Remember, this is only a nominations thread. If someone else has already nominated the book that you want, there is no need to nominate it again.

Voting on the nominations will begin in a couple of weeks.

Suggestions
1. Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
2. Unshapely Things by Mark Del Franco
3. The Demon in Me by Michelle Rowen
4. Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch
5. Afterlight by Elle Jasper
6. Deadtown by Nancy Holzner
7. Dreamfever (book 4 in the series) by Karen Marie Moning

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I would like to nominate Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill

message 3: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i love chicagoland vampires!

message 4: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 56 comments I nominate Unshapely Things

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments I ditto Unshapely Things. Plus I just requested it from the library.

message 6: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 40 comments I would like to nominate The Demon in Me The Demon in Me (Living in Eden, #1) by Michelle Rowen by Michelle Rowen.

message 8: by Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (last edited Nov 15, 2010 03:26PM) (new)

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 58 comments I would like to nominate Afterlight Afterlight (The Dark Ink Chronicles, #1) by Elle Jasper by Elle Jasper.

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments These are some really interesting choices!

message 10: by Kira (new)

Kira (KiraRiyu) | 7 comments I would like to nominate Deadtown (Deadtown, #1) by Nancy Holzner

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) | 12 comments For something different I am going to nominate 'The Spellman Files' by Lisa Lutz.

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments I have had Deadtown (Deadtown, #1) by Nancy Holzner on my bookshelf for a while. So I am going to second that one.

message 13: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 101 comments I would like to nominate Dreamfever Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning in preperation for the last book Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning coming out.

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Danielle wrote: "For something different I am going to nominate 'The Spellman Files' by Lisa Lutz."

Since this is a book club based around the PNR and UF genres, we would like book nominations to be in that genre as well.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Gem H aka *Dhelirious* wrote: "I would like to nominate DreamfeverDreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moningin preperation for the last book Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moningcoming out."

In the past, we have only had the first or second book in a series.

If people are okay with reading the fourth book, than I'm fine with it. I will put it on the list, but in the poll I will specify which book it is in the series.

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Please note the poll will be up either this weekend or early next week, so please get in any nominations asap. Thanks.

message 17: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) | 12 comments Jess, Group Sherpa wrote: Danielle wrote: "For something different I am going to nominate 'The Spellman Files' by Lisa Lutz."

Since this is a book club based around the PNR and UF genres, we would like book nominations to be in that genre as well.

Opps, sorry guys.

message 18: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Not a problem Danielle, on a side note, that was a really great series :)

message 19: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Due to unforeseen circumstances, the poll will have to be put up earlier. Sorry folks. It should be up shortly.

message 20: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments I can't believe one of the Fever books by KMM have won BOM yet (at least according to the BOM history link provided for us by Jess unless I overlooked them). Therefore, I'd like to nominate the Fever book that started it all...Darkfever.

message 21: by Keri (new)

Keri | 182 comments Ummmm, sorry, Jess. My bad, I had a brain fart. We've already read the 3 Fever books out. I'd like to nominate the 4th Fever book Dreamfever. So sorry for earlier mistake (the above post) :{