SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > Holiday Movies: What Will You Be Watching?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Nov 12, 2010 10:31PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments What holiday movies will you be watching? Do you have favorites you watch every year?

Classics like "It's a Wonderful Life", "Miracle on 34th Street" and "A Christmas Story" always show up on TV around the holidays.

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Nov 12, 2010 10:34PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments Around Thanksgiving, I love to watch "Home for the Holidays" with Holly Hunter and Robert Downey, Jr. They are a hoot! (IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113321/)

Around Christmas, I love to watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "Elf", "The Santa Clause", "Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", "Scrooged" and all those cartoon oldies from when I was a kid (Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Claus is Coming to Town). But, my favorite is "Love Actually".

message 3: by Literary Ames (last edited Nov 14, 2010 02:02PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Don't laugh but "The Muppet Christmas Carol" -it's not Christmas without it. :)

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments So, Kermit or Miss Piggy fan? :)

message 5: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Kermit. Too much Miss Piggy makes me homicidal. Her voice = nails on a blackboard. Need I say more?

message 6: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments LMAO! Ok, now I'm laughing.

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments Oh, I forgot about "Nightmare before Christmas"! Great list! :D

I also like "Four Christmases" with Vince Vaughn & Reese Witherspoon and "The Family Man" with Nicolas Cage.

I have a Christmas playlist on my iPod with a mix of classic, rock and Motown songs. But, I typically wait until post-Thanksgiving to listen to them. Unless I'm shopping and need some holiday cheer to deal with the crowds. LOL!

message 8: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments My family has a little Christmas eve tradition (but we do not celebrate Christmas). We watch the Lord of the Rings movie - sometimes all 3 of them, depending on the weather.

Christmas day - we go to the movies - for whatever big movie is playing.

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments I love those movies, AH. We like to watch those back-to-back occasionally as well. Pt3 was just on AFN (Armed Forces Network TV) yesterday.

When we lived in the US, we used to go to the movies on Christmas day too. :) Enjoy!

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita (a1momgram) I love to watch every version of "A Christmas Carol" I can find. I just love this story. My sister is sitting here with me and she says "It's a Wonderful Life".

message 11: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments Four Christmases is cute. Parts are very funny, others are kinda stupid funny. But, a cute holiday flick. :)

message 12: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments Anita wrote: "I love to watch every version of "A Christmas Carol" I can find. I just love this story. My sister is sitting here with me and she says "It's a Wonderful Life"."

That's my SIL's favorite too, Anita's sister. :) I like "A Christmas Carol" too. Definite classic!

message 13: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Have you ever seen Mr. Bean's Christmas special? The one where he ends up with a turkey on his head? Absolutely hilarious.

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments LOL! I don't think I have.

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments How The Grinch Stole Christmas both the old and new, Scrooge w/Bill Murry, and Miracle on 34th Street are some of mine and my families favorites not mentioned.

message 16: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29190 comments The newer Grinch with Jim is kinda creepy. LOL!