Room 107, Period 2 discussion

Three books for the holidays

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terry (new)

Terry | 14 comments Mod
What three books would you most like to receive as gifts? List the title, author, and why you're interested in it.

message 2: by Terry (new)

Terry | 14 comments Mod
There is no end of books I'd like to see under the tree this December. If I could pick three, they would be:

1. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. Many of my friends have read this and claim it is the best thing. Ever. I don't read much history, so I'd like to have it as a change of pace.
2. Lessons from a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles. This is a book Reed doesn't have and I'm curious to read. It has been challenged in a couple of different cases, and I firmly believe in reading material that disturbs people.
3. Rebound by Bob Krech. I haven't read a sports book in a while, and basketball isn't a sport I've ever read about. Baseball, football, soccer. But never hoop.

message 3: by Jared (new)

Jared greenwald | 5 comments 1. Glass by Ellen Hopkins. I would like to get this because i have read many other books by her and liked them all.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I would like to read this because many of my friends that have read this liked it and it looks good.

3. The Plot Against America by Philip Roth. I would like to read this because it look very interesting and may be a challenging book to read.

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff King 1. Glass by Ellen Hopkins. I heard from my friends that this book is a amazing book to read as a teen.

2. I would also like any Stephen King books because I hear that he can write the scariest books.

3. Rebound by Bob Krech because I really enjoy sports books and this one looks like a good one.

message 5: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn 1. Nightfall by L.J. Smith. I read the first book and thought it was really good so i wanted to see if it was as good as the first one.
2. Extras by Scott Westerfeld. I read the rest of the series and wanted to finsh it, because i Loved the other ones
3. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I want to read this book because jared recomened this book to me. he thought it was a good book.

message 6: by Kiara (new)

Kiara | 5 comments If i could pick three books to get for christmas, they would be:
Rules of Attraction- I liked the first book, Perfect Chemistry.
The Hunger Games- Ryan said it was a good book and I trust him with my whole heart.
Message in a Bottle- I love Nicholas Sparks books. I've read almost all of them. This will be one of the last ones I have to read.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Galvan | 5 comments I would want Prom and Prejudiceby Elizabeth Eulbergbecause I already read the first book to it and it was very interesting. I would also want Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohnbecause I read the first couple of pages to the book and it sounded like a good book. Lastly I would also like to have Hush by Jacqueline Woodsonbecause some of my friends have read it and said it was a great book.

message 8: by Trevor (new)

Trevor | 5 comments If someone came up to me and asked me what three books i wanted i would say,

1)WEREWOLF HAIKU by Ryan Mecum, because this book seems really good and full of action.

2)Lockdown: Escape From Furnace, #1 -- Alexander Gordon Smith, seems like a good horror book everybody likes a good horror story

3)The Maze Runner by James Dashner's, this book is about as acion packed as a story can get.

message 9: by Justin (last edited Nov 12, 2010 09:01AM) (new)

Justin (691Justin) | 4 comments I would choose 1.Dragon Ball Z Taschenbuch 08
2.Halo, Books 1-3
3.Bleach, Vol. 13: The Undead.

I picked these books becuase they are great books. And I know people that like anima will also like these books too. Later Days.

message 10: by Deyraun (new)

Deyraun Stamps 1.Rules of Attraction by[simone Elkesis] i would to read this book because i already read the first one and finished it in a day and im curious to see if this one grabs my interest just as much.
2.Rucker Park Setup by Paul Volponi this is a book about a basketball player competing, and i am a big basketball player so i think this would grab my interest.
3.Glass by ellen hopkins . i read crank and a lot of people told me this book was good, so i want to read it

message 11: by Theweeman007 (new)

Theweeman007 | 2 comments the books i would like for the holiday are
1.Monster: The Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Memberit looks pretty kool
2.Perfect Chemistry this one looks even better
3.The Gangs of Chicago: An Informal History of the Chicago Underworld this is also kool

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Martinez 1.If You Loved Me by Marilyn Reynolds. I would like to read this book because it looks interesting.
2.Good Behavior by Nate Henry. This book sounds very interesting and because i find books based on drugs and sex interesting.
3.Love Rules by Marilyn Reynolds. I would like to read books by Marilyn Reynolds because her books seem very interesting.

message 13: by Danyel (new)

Danyel The three book i would like under my tree would be:

1.ExposedbySusan Vaughtbecause it seems like a cool book and I would love to read it.I also love the cover.
2.A Million Little PiecesbyJames FreyI would like to have this book because people say its a good book.I also read some of his other book to i thing he is a great righter.
3.Tick TockbyDean Koontz I have read a book by him but i cant remember the title but i would love to have all his books.

message 14: by Knute (new)

Knute Tuhus | 4 comments 1. Crank is a book that im interested in and i think it would make a great gift for the holiday.
2. Pop is another book that is appealing to me. Pop was recomened to me from a fellow class mate.
3.The Giver is a book that seems interesting and in would enjoy reading it.

message 15: by Patrick (new)

Patrick | 2 comments If I could pick three books for Christmas, I would pick:
1. Speeding Bullet

2.Dread Locks

3.Camaro 1982-92 (Chilton's Repair Manual

1,2. looks like a good book.

3. need a book so i can reapair a 3rd gen camaro.

message 16: by Justin (last edited Nov 12, 2010 09:02AM) (new)

message 17: by Elisabeth (last edited Nov 12, 2010 08:59AM) (new)

Elisabeth 1. Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock, because it is a very good book.

2.Eragon by Christopher Paolini, I love fantasy books and I've read this book and I liked it.

3.I would like any C.S Lewis books because he is my favorite author.

message 18: by Ivette (new)

Ivette Fuentes | 6 comments 1.At First Sightby Nicholas Sparks. I would like to get this book because I read books by him and i really liked them.
2.The Notebook byNicholas Sparks. I would like to get this book because one of my friends know I like reading books by Nicholas Sparks and she wanting me to read it.
3.The Color Purpleby Alice Walker. I would like to read because it looks interseting.

message 19: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Evans All 3 of these books just look good, and have good reveiws.
1) 1776 By:David McCullough
2)Wide Open: A Life in SupercrossBY:Jeremy McGrath
3)Travis Pastrana: Motocross LegendBy:Terri Sievert
Yes 2 books are on motocross but thats what I do. For 13 years anyway.

message 20: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5 comments if i could recieve three book for christmas this year i would like:
Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) and Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by:Suzanne CollinsI read the first book in this series and i fell head over heels for it! so i am anxious to read the next two!
It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini i saw the movie and thought it was very good, and i heard the book is much better.
The Notebookby Nicholas Sparks kiara said it was a good book and i trust her with my whole heart!

message 21: by Brenden (new)

Brenden Seegmiller If someone asked me what three books I wanted I would say;
1) Lockdown Escape from Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith. It looks like a good book that would amaze me.
2) Morpheus Road: The Light by D.J. MacHale. This looks like a scary book.
3) Cover Question: Will teen boys pick this one up... I would try this book.

message 22: by Gabbi (new)

Gabbi The books that I would like under the christmas tree would be,
1. You, it just seems as if you aren't resy for the outcome of what you are about to read, or that you think you might know what is about to happen but it's the complete opposite.
2. Such a Pretty Girl, it just looks like it is a very suspensful book, that can catch your attention right away.
3. Cryer's Cross, this book seems as if it is a mistery book, like you don't know what will happen next.

message 23: by Eric (last edited Nov 12, 2010 09:04AM) (new)

Eric Coxson | 4 comments If I had to choose three books to get for christmas I would get Beat the Band, The Hunger Games, Why I Fight

message 24: by Aviana (new)

Aviana | 4 comments If I could get three books as a gift this holiday season, I would like:
1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. This book seems a little different than what I usually read and i have also heard good reviews from friends.
2. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I would like to read this because I hear alot of mixed reactions about if this book was good or not. I'd like to decide for myself.
3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I asked one of the librarians at Reed and she highly reccomended this book.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

If I were to ask for three books for Christmas, I would pick:
1. The Hungry Ocean: A Swordboat Captain's Journeyby Linda Greenlaw. I've always loved the ocean. Years ago I saw the movie "The Perfect Storm" and I recently found out there was a book based on the movie.
2. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks I've read this book countless times and each time I find to enjoy more and more.
3. Shutter Islandby Dennis Lehane. The movie was ok I had to wach it twice too figure out what went on.

message 26: by Greg (new)

Greg (grgosrs) | 2 comments 1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Ryan M. recommend this story to me after he read it, and he said it was a good book.

2. The Shining by Stephen King. I want to read a good horror story and this seems like a good creepy story.

3. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. It was recommened to me by my moms co-worker, who read the book and saw the movie, and said that both were good.

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 12, 2010 09:13AM) (new)

Books are a way to relax and just enter someone. Else's life and that sometimes you can relate to. The books I would like to read would be:
1.Sola: Volume 2 by Chako Abeno. It is a manga I have voume 1 and really want volume 2 but I haven't seen it anywhere. I haven't read a lovey dovey book um manga since the summer so I would like to get into it again.
2.Kobato volume 1 by clamp is also another book I would like to read I have already watched the anime and I want to see if the mangas are better.
3.Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino (樋野 まつり) volume 12 I am dieing to read this manga I really miss Kaname and Zero like the last manga I want to check if the endings better and agian I want drama!!

message 28: by Josh (new)

Josh Mondragon | 7 comments Three books i would want as a gift would be 1.The Hunger Games 2.A Child Called "It" 3.A Million Little Pieces I would want all these books because people keep recomending them to me and they look every interesting.

message 29: by Nathalie (new)

Nathalie Renteria (nathalilerenteria) 1.I would like to get the perfect chemistry sequals because I really liked how the book ended and what the books are about.
2.pretty little liars I wached the tv show and it is a really good show.I find it interesting and think the books would be the same.
3.candy by kevin brooks I'm almos done reading it and I really like it because it talks about love and other things.