Sweeping Sagas discussion

Individual Books > Winds Over Manchuria

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 109 comments Winds Over Manchuria by Alla Crone

by Alla Crone

Found this one free at the dump! I live in a small rural town and we take our trash to the town dump. They have a room where people can put stuff that is still useful, it always has lots of books. Sometimes there's nothing decent and other days it is like Christmas! Anyway, found this the other day and I think it looks good. The author was born and raised in Manchuria, is Russian, lived all over the world and then came to the US. Print is tiny, though.

message 2: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 478 comments Mod
Sounds interesting. Lol at the one review,

"The things I read because my mother grew up in Darien."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, that takes the cake....look at the book I found at the dump.....I'm sitting here in an airport reading that and was laughing so loud people turned to stare....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

ps....only another true book lover can really appreciate that, Carey!

message 5: by Carey (last edited Nov 12, 2010 01:40PM) (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 109 comments :) Which airport?

Guess I should have looked at the reviews...or review, since there is only one. Two stars. Maybe I should have left it at the dump!

Are you in uniform? Those poor people are going "do you think that's our pilot...."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Carey wrote: ":) Which airport?

Guess I should have looked at the reviews...or review, since there is only one. Two stars. Maybe I should have left it at the dump!"

ORD. ;) And you should never leave behind a book...it's mean. Save a book! You never know! One review does not a bad book make.

message 7: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 109 comments That's why I pick them up!!! They put them in the paper recycle bin after a while! I like to save as many as possible, I take them to libraries, goodwill, etc. They probably think I'm a nut.