FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Interesting article...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

shellyindallas I wasn't gonna do it...I didn't want "Shelly joined 'Fatties Unite' on my update feed...but, here I am. I wanted to comment on this article b/c one of the factors really applied to me. One winter I went through a fairly heavy drinking phase. Not crazy, but a few nights a week. Anyway, I lost so much weight! Booze is the answer people!

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I thought booze had calories! I haven't had a beer since memorial day. What the fuck? Please tell me you're not kidding.

:)

shellyindallas The article says those who drink 'one or two a day'... I don't know what happened. It was mostly beer I was drinking. I also read that hangovers make you crave fatty food the next day. I agree, but mostly when I'm hungover my stomach hurts too bad to eat to much of anything. ???? Of course, I'm not seriously recommending that you're new weight-loss plan include happy hour everyday--but I swear to the big man with the white beard I dropped major pounds that way.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yes, when I have a hangover the only thing that helps is greasy tacos, curly fries, and lots and lots of Gatorade.

Smoking helps keep weight off, too. When I was in college I lived on coffee and cigarettes and I was the smallest I've ever been - 120 lbs.

message 6: by Meghan (last edited Sep 12, 2008 01:32PM) (new)

Meghan I really didn't know where to post this. But I thought this article had some interesting tips. I can attest to the serving bowl size one. In China, meals are more family-style (versus everything on your plate at once) and served in much smaller bowls (about the size of soup/cereal bowls). I did notice that you eat a lot less that way.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/art...

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Oh yes, Meghan. Great point. Once upon a time I used to use a smaller plate to help me eat less. I've gotten out of that habit in recent history. Thanks for the reminder!

message 8: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Oh the smaller plate is a great way to eat less! I think it takes about a week for your brain to adjust but it's surprising how full you feel even with less. It's all about optical illusions in the war on fat.

message 9: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/f...

Thought this was a good checklist/reminder for us all...14 tips for starting and sticking with it...