Every Little Thing discussion

Writing Corner > Develop a Character

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa (christa_holley) | 442 comments Mod
Need Help developing a character. Post what you have and let the group put in input.

message 2: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) They story I am writing now is the one with Alana and Declan. I have an idea of them, but just don't know.

Alana Ross - 19-years-old; her mother left her when she was 8 (with no contact since), so she's been carrying the weight of being the mother to her younger sister with her the past 11 years. She is taking a year off from school to get her life together; doesn't want to continue to be in the "party scene" anymore, so she moves back home with her father and little 15-year-old sister (Ariana or Bibhlin-pronounced ave-linn * I haven't really chosen her name yet*).
That's really all I have.

Then there is Declan O'Gallagher - 22-years-old; moved to the states from Ireland when he was 17 with his mother and father. His father moved back to Ireland two years later (Declan was 19) when the mother dies of cancer. Decaln didn't go because with an Irish family, they would always be there and in his everyday life. He just doesn't want that right now. It is too hard for him, even 3 years after, to talk about his mother. The only way he knew how to cope with the death was drinking (hello, Irish!) and taking home women. Until now. He's done drinking and playing with girls' hearts. So he moved to a little tourist town on the coast of Maine (not sure yet which) a year ago.
And that's is for him.

Sorry this is so long, but if you guys could help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!!

message 3: by Christa (new)

I don't understand quite what you want input on. Character development or story plot.

message 4: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) oh...I guess either or. Sorry about that.

message 5: by Christa (new)

Have you ever heard Mine by Taylor Swift?
That would be an awesome story line to base it off of. All the character developments. The Careful daughter(Alana Ross ). The guy who left the small town and never looked back (Declan). They ban together and make it but with some hardships along the way.
idk. It was just a thought.

message 6: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) Hmmm...I'll give it a listen. Thanks, Christa! :)

message 7: by Christa (new)

No problem. Hope it helps.