~Opinions~ discussion

Other > Genetically modified food

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Is it safe? Do you think it's better to eat organic foods? Just....what do you think about it?

message 2: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments Hell no. I would not eat anything of the sort of food that is gentically altered. It just sounds nassty

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 10, 2010 03:51PM) (new)

I eat it all the time because it's what my parents buy but when i grow up i wont buy it. I kind of scares me.....you just don't know what exactly your eating anymore...

message 4: by David (new)

David jones | 135 comments yea lol

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well some think it's actually BETTER for you.

message 6: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) I only eat organic... well ok, so obviously it's not ALL organic, but all of our fruits and veggies are :)

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Wasn't there something about white potatoes and orange carrots being modified in some way?

message 8: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) funny, ive been working on a project about this. anyway, i dont agree with GMF because there must be reason for the food to be how it is and not how scientists make it, you know what i mean? and theres also what nemonica says, we dont know what were eating anymore

message 9: by Tamlyn (new)

Tamlyn  (sushipie) | 8 comments Actually most of the food you buy from stores these days is genetically modified. So unless you're growing everything you're eating in your back yard, you cant say you'd never eat it. . .I dont think its dangerous at all. I eat genetically modified foods everyday, and there are a lot of cases where they can been a real help - Monsanto (one of the largest Biotechnology firms in the world) is currently working on genetically mofifying certain types of maize (the staple diet for many people in rural countries) so that it contains more essentail proteins and vitamins, and not just sugar. . . .Think about it. With modifications like that world hunger could be considerably lowered. Its just a matter of being open minded.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I agree with you Tamlyn. Modified food isn't always bad. If we foun a way to make it bigger, or make it grow in specific places, it would make a huge difference.

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) I eat a lot of organic due to living in a rural area with many farms, I eat much organic meat, it tasted better. But just about any milk you buy is genetically altered and many other foods.