Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Let's Talk About: Characters > He's/She's Got the Look

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Okay, so everyone is always a buzz about who should play the role of one of our most beloved book characters. So tell us who you think should play your favorite character. If you include pictures please remember we have teens in this group.

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia This may be a bit bizarre, but for some reason I've always pictured Gregor from Gregor the Overlander as being a bit like Rico Rodriguez - the kid from Modern Family. He would be right around the perfect age. I'm not sure who I would want to play Luxa because I really can't think of any blonde actresses that are young enough aside from Dakota Fanning, and I don't picture her as being right for the role.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments ^ Good book Alicia

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Alica, I could see Rico in that role.

message 5: by Sashana (last edited Nov 21, 2010 04:42PM) (new)

Sashana I have a hard time envisioning actors casted as characters in my favorite books. Sometimes I think directors need to use fresh faced actors-someone a bit unknown.
However I would love to see Rain AKA Jung Ji-Hoon, from Ninja Assassin, as Jacob from North of Beautiful; he is so beautiful *stares at screen longingly*.

jung ji hoon (Rain)

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) YES! I totally see that!!!
I totally see Chloe from the Otherworld as her: Chloe Moretz. They even have the same name! (sorry I don't know how to post pictures!)

message 7: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I think Annasophia Robb from Bridge to Terabithia would make an awesome Prim from the Hunger Games trilogy.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Definitely...or Dakota Fanning. She might be too old for Prim though.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Wasn't sure how to get the picture to show on my post, so links will do for now. If anyone can let me know that would be awesome for the future. PLaying off Sashana's post here are my picks for Katniss from the Hunger Games Trilogy.

Jodelle Ferland, Bree from Twilight Saga
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272706/

Megan Fox, Transformers and Jonah Hex
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1083271/

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments jodelle ferland Pictures, Images and Photos

Hey! It worked! Thanks Sashana!

message 11: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I think if Megan Fox went anywhere near The Hunger Games movie I would rip my hear out.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Hahaha. I probably would too, but it is always my luck that the actors/actresses I hate end up playing lead roles in the movies I want to see...might as well start accepting the fact. Lol. I picked her mainly because of the hair and facial features. Reminded me of Katniss somewhat. I was lucky that they picked people I had never seen or heard of for the Harry Potters! I do think that Jodelle would fit the role well though.

message 13: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments Sashana wrote: "I think if Megan Fox went anywhere near The Hunger Games movie I would rip my hear out."

In a way, I would love it if they cast Megan fox in The Hunger Games. (Even though she is way too old, really.) My son read about 50 pages of it and told me it sucked and returned it to the library. However, if Megan Fox were in the movie in a tight outfit with a lot of slo-mo running, giggling, and bouncing, then he would want to see the movie. So, to see the movie, he would have to read the book... Megan Fox, literacy advocate!

message 14: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Lol, that's exactly why I don't want her to be in the movie. It'd become all about her and her 'hotness' and nothing about the story.

message 15: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Rachel wrote: "Hahaha. I probably would too, but it is always my luck that the actors/actresses I hate end up playing lead roles in the movies I want to see...might as well start accepting the fact. Lol. I picked..."

I really hope they don't make it into a teeny-bopper movie like they did Twilight. I bet that they'll make the target audience pre-teens, which will take away from the storyline.

message 16: by Rachel (last edited Dec 05, 2010 11:57AM) (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I agree with all of you. @Shay- I could see the appeal Fox would have. However, most parents wouldn't care if they read the book before or after the movie, which brings me to comment on Sashana's posts.

@Sashana- Yes, it would end up being all about her I am sure. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what book they turn into movies, they tend to screw it up no matter if it was a children's, younf adult, or adult novel. Stupid Hollywood! We should fire them all and start making the book-to-movie adaptations! What do you say, yall in?? :D

message 17: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Here, here! I agree 100%, Rachel. What's so hard about sticking to storyline? You know, even though I hate the Twilight movies I have to commend them for sticking to the books.

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Yep, they did a surprisingly good job. I guess you would have to for such a wide known saga. Can you imagine the riots of teenies when a scene with Jacob or Edward was cut? Oh my god... the world would end. LOL. The only thing bad about the Twilight movies is the acting. I admit the dialogue was somewhat cheesy and simple in the books, but could you not have found actors that weren't even cheesier??

message 19: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacybinnj) | 57 comments For some reason when I'm reading Kim Harrison's The Hollows series I picture Trent as that blonde kid from Harry Potter (what's his name?). Weird huh? He looks like an elf to me.

message 20: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I've got to read Kim Harrison's books. I keep seeing her name. I think I'm missing something.

message 21: by Sans (new)

Sans Blond kid from Harry Potter. You mean Draco Malfoy?
http://encyclopedia.wizards.pro/index...

message 22: by Sashana (new)

Sashana My picks for Peeta. I think I like the second guy better, what do you guys think?

Peeta Mellark

Alex Pettyfer ~ Peeta

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Oooo. I don't know. They both are pretty smokin'. Lol. I never liked blondes until I fell in love with a blondie! I like the first guy better, but the eyes on the second one. Transplant the eyes, and we got a deal.

message 24: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I think they're both cuties. I'm getting more of a Peeta vibe from the second one though (maybe its the pose).

message 25: by An (new)

An Sashana wrote: "My picks for Peeta. I think I like the second guy better, what do you guys think?

"

I would pick him for Jace in the Mortal Instruments