FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Weigh In--week of July 21st.

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Starting weight 174
Current weight 174
Goal 140 by November 2008

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Well, I actually started losing weight this January.

I started at 188lbs & I'm currently at 169lbs.

My goal? To keep gradually losing the weight as I have been (so I can hang onto the boobs I finally got by packing on 70+lbs! I still got 'em but they are hanging a bit lower now dang it!) and lose at least 21 more lbs by January 2009, for a goal total of at least 40 lbs.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Kick ass, Jo! I think that's a great goal! I didn't know you were already losing. How have you been doing it?

message 4: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Jul 21, 2008 01:42PM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Why thank you my dear!

See my post under "how this group works" ~ I go into it there, and I think I may have gone into it in less detail on Chicks On Lit ~ I don't want to keep blah blah blahing the same stuff all over the place!!! :)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Actually, you can add the following to what I posted under my weigh in: Iced Tea or water or MultiVitamin Vitamin Water (lemonade flavor) instead of soda (I only have it when we're out and I'm in the mood for it)!

message 6: by Tera (new)

Tera Ill weigh in as soon as I get near a scale but it likely wont be until after vacation.
For those that are timid about sharing your weight asign an arbitrary number to it. If you weight 187 thats not the point as much as going up or down.
So you could say "okay let's say I weigh 1000lbs as of today" your goal is still to lose maybe 20lbs? You can still check in each weak and say "today I'm 1003lbs or Yay me im only 998lbs"
To just give yourself a number that you can then track up or down with your weight I think is the most important part the actual starting weight number is irrelevant imo.

I also think that its not so much about the scale as it is about inches. If you're working out especially weight training you're likely to gain muscle but lose fat. Your scale will lie but the inches around your waist won't. I'd measure both.

message 7: by Jules (new)

Jules (juliemetz) | 1 comments 167 here, barely fitting into my size 14 pants (it's all in my hips baby)
Would love to get down to a 10. That's only two sizes (and a half). Not sure how much weight loss that would take. I am 5'10". But put my picture in the dictionary next to PEAR shape.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

JULES!!!!!!!!!!!
I've missed you! How dare you have a life? hahahah!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Tera, great great ideas in message 6. The tracking IS the most important part, you're absolutely right. God I never even thought to pick an arbitrary starting point. haha

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Ok, I know it's supposed to be a WEEKLY weigh in, but I wanted to get my official weight on Day 1 of my diet.

Starting weight 174
Current weight 178 (Damn you, St. Louis!)
Goal weight 140 by November.

message 11: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Okay, I know I'm suppose to post my weight, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. But as I've gained weight since coming back to the US, I need to do something to get back on track. And accountability is the only thing that works for me.

So my goal weight is 132.
Right now I'd just like to lose 20 pounds by September.

I'm currently using the wii fit board. I know it's not "real" exercise, but it's mainly just to get back in the exercise mindset (the whole dedicating a block of time for your health). And this has been a fun way of doing that. I'm also cutting down on my beloved Starbucks iced lattes (sigh). Hopefully less sugar and more movement will get me going in the right direction!

message 12: by Amanda (new)

*Hi-5s Meghan*

message 13: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Thanks and great group. This is definitely something I need and am otherwise too lazy to go find. Thank goodness for good friends who do the work for you!

message 14: by Thressa (new)

Thressa Starting weight: 228.4
(actually, I started 6 weeks ago and started with 231.8, so I actually lost 3.4 lbs so far)

Current weight: 228.4

Goal weight: 135 (I want to be able to say I lost a total of 100 lbs from my highest - but I will be happy with 155 that my doctor recommended)

message 15: by Amanda (new)

3.4 lbs ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thressa ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

message 16: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) y'all are doing great already!!! I want to weigh 130. :)

message 17: by Amanda (new)

hee hee hee!
Any chance you have that posted on You Tube?

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli All right.......

Current weight~~~ 134.2

Goal weight~~~~~ 125.0

I need to lose the fat on my midsection and gain muscle somehow. Due to no exercise AT ALL in 4 years my body is one blobby betty. And I mean that honestly. So I know I don't weigh alot to begin with and I'm honestly happy with what I weigh.....but my doctor says i need to get down to 125. That will put less strain on my heart and that's his main goal.

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (ampatt) Hello! I'm a newbie. I started trying to lose at the end of December when I got to 245 (I'm 5'2", so if I could find/afford a Wii fit it would shout OBESE at me).

I'm currently down to 231 (as of today, yay!!) and have been having a really hard time getting out of the 230s.

I did Weight Watchers for a couple years before I finally realized that though the program would work with my body, it doesn't work with my brain (points are too abstract, so I don't _really_ care when I go over 20 or 30--which is a lot).

So a couple weeks ago I started counting calories. So far the weight loss has been pretty steady and I've learned a lot about what I am and am not able to handle (restaurants/group outings/parents' house --yes; alcohol --no, then it's binge time).

I'm happy to see such a supportive group and would love to join up!

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Yay! Holli's here!

Great to meet you, Amber. I think you've done an amazing job so far and it's great to see that you've been sticking to your guns since december.
that's a big deal!!!!!

:)