Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > Drinks/Cocktails Theme Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 921 (921 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jul 14, 2011 07:47PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20979 comments The RRRC Cocktails Challenge

At last, the challenge you have all been waiting for (well, a couple of you anyway…) - the RRRC Cocktail Challenge!! Thanks to all the myriad of suggestions that were posted by our members in the Suggestions for Future Challenges thread :)

This challenge is open for 11 months and 16 days. It will start on 15 July 2011 and continue through until 30 June 2012.

Aim to complete one of the following levels of intoxication by reading the corresponding number of books that can be matched to any of the below-listed categories.
Stone-cold sober - 1 book
Buzzed - 5 books
Tipsy - 10 books
Drunk - 15 books
Hammered: Beer goggles no longer optional - 20 books
Schwasted - 25 books
Passed out in the taxi line - 30 books
Stomach pumped – 50 books or more
These book numbers reflect the total number of books read to hit the intoxication level. This total includes bonus books.

A book selected by location:
Wine of choice ~ a book that is set on a vineyard or in a recognised wine region (eg Napa Valley, Champagne France, Mosel Germany etc). Please note the wine region on your selection. To help, here is a wiki link: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wine-p...
Mojito ~ a book set in Latin America or Cuba, or has a Latino character.
Tennessee Cowboy ~ a book set in one of the southern states of USA, or with a cowboy as main character.
Tequila Sunrise ~ a book that takes place in Mexico or south-west USA (west Texas to San Diego) or has the sun on the cover
Rob Roy ~ a book set in Scotland, has a Scottish character, or the main character is an outlaw/rebel
Manhattan ~ a book set in New York or shows a man with a hat on the cover.
Long Island Ice Tea ~ a book set in (on?) Long Island, or a ‘long’ book (over 450 pages)
Bay Breeze ~ a book set in San Francisco or San Diego, or a book where the characters sail or travel on boats/ships (including space ships).
Rusty Nail - a book that takes place in the 'Rust Belt' (a region of the US stretching from Milwalkee to Syracuse, refer: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_Belt), has an H/h who is a builder/mechanic or has the colours of autumn on the cover
Rum Runner - a book that takes place in the Caribbean, deals with smuggling or import-export or has a H/h that is a fitness fanatic.
Jägerbomb - a book that takes place in Germany, has something to do with a bomb (threat, war etc), or has an explosion (eg starburst) or bomb on the cover or has a character described as or like a 'bombshell'. (As a point of interest, this drink is banned in some Australian regions as it encourages binge drinking and irresponsible behaviour! Huh – who would have guessed! *sarcasm*)
White Russian – a book set in Eastern Europe or has a predominantly white cover
Mint Julep – a book set in Kentucky or Virginia, or has a mint-green cover.

A book by theme:
Bloody Mary ~ suspense/horror, kick-ass heroine.
Virgin Bloody Mary (for the teetotalers) ~ H/h is a virgin or book has a red cover
Cosmo (ala Sex in the City) ~ Chick lit, book with friends as main characters.
Martini (shaken not stirred) ~ Spy, Special Ops, Undercover agent, romantic suspense (you get the idea…) or a book set in England
Sex on the Beach ~ Erotica or a book set on a beach or beach on the cover
Salty Dog ~ H/h is a pirate, the book is set on ship/boat or H/h has a dog companion
7&7 ~ 7 letters in authors name (1st or last), 7 words in title, 7th in series, or has the number 7 in the title.
Lemon Drop ~ a book with an acerbic/sarcastic H/h or with a yellow cover
Snakebite ~ a vampire book, a book that has a snake in it, or has a character that is sneaky
Kamikaze ~ a book with a ‘daredevil’ type character or a character set at self destruct, or a book set in Japan.
Zombie ~ a zombie book or a book where a character is/has been in a coma or is/was knocked unconscious.
Flaming Lamborghini ~ a book with the words ‘flame’, ‘burn’, ‘smoke’ or ‘fire’ in the title or a book with a character who is a dragon, demon or a professional driver.

Bonus themes:
You may create your own cocktails and match this to your chosen book.

Because we know that you may not remember the who/what/where/when or why, try to maintain a list of books as you drink read and repost them in this thread whenever you come down from your high.

If you plan to have a huge drinking session, you must drink read a book from each of the listed categories before you start over again (25 in total excluding any chosen bonus books).

If you encounter a book during your drinking reading session that was so bad that you want to forget it, feel free to add this as a bonus book to challenge, categorizing it under one of the following drinks: Hurlmaker, FYU (F*ck You Up), Swampwater, Afterbirth or Vulcan Mind Grip.

Level Selection rules:
*You must select your level before you start the challenge
*Once you select your level, you cannot move up or down without penalty. You have until 15 July to make sure you are happy with your level selection.
*The penalty - You may apply to me to finish your bar session early if you have bitten off more than you can chew (eg. you have been aiming for stomach pumped but you can't even get tipsy - face it: you aren't as 'p*ss-fit' as you thought!). This session would show in the summary thread as 'incomplete'. But, if you wanted to, you could then start a new session as the team-driver, aiming for 'Stone-cold sober'.
*Some of you may decide to have a few big nights out, so that once you have achieved your desired level of intoxication you can go home and return the next night with a new alcoholic target. The new target must be new books but may involve your preferred drinks.
*As clarification - just because you have been 'tipsy' and 'drunk', that will not qualify you to be shown as 'passed out'.

Note: If you do apply to me to go home early, I want a really good excuse - eg the school yard bully from 30 years ago has just shown up and you are scared to drink in his/her presence...

General rules:
*Books from other challenges may be used
*Rereads are fine
*Book length of at least 100 pages
*Audiobooks are fine
*You can start drinking reading at any time within the stated period, but must not start before 15 July 2011 and must have completed your last book by 30 June 2012 (I feel a bit like a lawyer)
*Your list may be posted in advance or as you go. You may swap books on your list if you have pre-posted.

Questions? Answered! have been transferred across to the Suggestions thread - see link below.

A separate suggestions thread is available to ask all those tricky, mind-bending questions that appear in your brain as you sort through life with friends on your bar-crawl. Please click on this link: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/6...

Please note: this group, the moderators, and the organizers of this challenge, do not encourage or condone excesses in reading. If you experience any intoxication that impairs judgment whilst reading, please stop immediately and seek help.

Credit for the idea and drinks contained in this challenge goes to Joanne, Jim, Penney, Kami, Dee and Rossy.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Aug 18, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20979 comments Our drinking partners helping to prop up the bar:

BAR-CRAWL #1: ...127 piss-pots and counting... 2 drinkers have finished and gone home to pass out!

Stone-cold sober (1 book)
Jeane' Elliot

Buzzed (5 books)
Elaine
Pam F

Tipsy (10 books)
Aimee
Alycia
Carla
Charlotte (BIB)
√ Fran
Jessica
Joana
Joann
Rachel
Robin O
Samantha
Shona

Drunk (15 books)
Alison
Babbling AKA Christina
Barb
Kesha
Larissa
Someyouknow
√ Tina (Theresa)

Hammered: Beer goggles no longer optional (20 books)
Anna
Baci
Charlotte
DG ~Vile Temptress~
Diane ~firefly~
Dina
Jane
Jessica
Kat
Nikki
taita
Terri
Tobey

Schwasted (25 books)
Aleksandra
Barbara W
Cee
Dee
Diane Whitney
Frunchezzcuh
Joyce
KarenH
Kate
Laurie
Line /Sarla
Mary F
Melissa
N.L.
Penney
Raine
Roxy
Tina "reading mommy"'
Tricia
Valerie

Passed out in the taxi line (30 books)
Amanda
Amy P
Autumn
Barbara
Bookchaser
Courtney (in the bathroom)
Denise (ReadinDee)
Freya
Gem H
Lacy
Laura
Lindy-Lane
Shell
Tugce Nida

Stomach pumped (50 books or more)
Angelina
Angie (MindM)
Ashley
Bips
Buggy
Carlota
Cathy
Cathy Sh
Ceej
Crystal S
Daffodil
Denise (in blue)
Denise (pink sunset)
Elissa
Emily
Felicity
Gen
HeatherTX
Janelle
Jennie
Judithe
Julie
Karyn the Pirate
Katie
KimKirt
Kris-10
Lady Kati
Laurie
Lili
Lisa
LisaKay
Lizz Neill
Lynne
Margaret
Melanie
Michaela
MistressMoon
MJ
Mojca
Patricia S
Peachy
Rossy
Sallie
Sally
Sandy
Sarah
Sherrie
Shirley
Sizzlin Miss Kenjii
Steamywindows
Suzanne
Suzanne A
The Holy Terror
Wan
Jim

Too messed up to know what they are aiming for ;)
Candace
Jennifer
Just Delilah

BAR-CRAWL #2

Drunk
Fran

Passed Out
Tina T

message 3: by Penney (new)

Penney (pschoener) | 3553 comments LOL! This is great Jane, nice work. I will definitely be posting once I get a tentative list started.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments Wow, a cool challenge. I got to see if I can do this one.

message 5: by Mojca (last edited Jul 13, 2011 04:55AM) (new)

Mojca | 1414 comments 0/50 +

Wine of choice:
1. Crush on You by Christie Ridgway (Napa Valley)
2. Then He Kissed Me by Christie Ridgway (Napa Valley)
Crush on You (Three Kisses, #1) by Christie Ridgway Then He Kissed Me (Three Kisses, #2) by Christie Ridgway
Mojito:
3. In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz
4. The Way He Moves by Marcia King-Gamble
In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz The Way He Moves (Mediterranean Nights #11) (Harlequin Special Releases) by Marcia King-Gamble
Tennessee Cowboy:
5. One Lucky Cowboy by Carolyn Brown
6. Caine's Reckoning by Sarah MacCarty
One Lucky Cowboy by Carolyn Brown Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight, #1) by Sarah McCarty
Tequila Sunrise:
7. Naked Edge by Pamela Clare
8. Breaking Point by Pamela Clare
Naked Edge (I-Team, #4) by Pamela Clare Breaking Point (I-Team, #5) by Pamela Clare
Rob Roy:
9. Dances With Wolves by Mandy Monroe
10. Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
Dances With Wolves by Mandy Monroe Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare
Manhattan:
11. Love in the Air by James Collins
12. Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards
Love in the Air by James Collins Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards
Long Island Ice Tea:
13. You Belong to Me by Karen Rose
14. The Search by Nora Roberts
You Belong to Me by Karen Rose The Search by Nora Roberts
Bay Breeze:
15. Enemy Waters by Justine Davis
16. Hotter Than Wildfire by Lisa Marie Rice
Enemy Waters (Harlequin Romantic Suspense #1659)  by Justine Davis Hotter Than Wildfire A Protectors Novel by Lisa Marie Rice
Rusty Nail:
17. Relative Strangers by Joyce Lamb
18. Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant
Relative Strangers by Joyce Lamb Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant
Rum Runner:
19. Cabin Fever by Mary Leo
20. Starstruck by Michelle Celmer
Cabin Fever (Mediterranean Nights #9) (Harlequin Special Releases) by Mary Leo Starstruck (Mediterranean Nights #10) (Harlequin Special Releases) by Michelle Celmer
Jägerbomb:
21. Klovnovi pogledi by Heinrich Böll
22. Klavnica pet by Kurt Vonnegut
Klovnovi pogledi (Delova knjižnica - Vrhunci stoletja #6) by Heinrich Böll Klavnica pet (Delova knjižnica - Vrhunci stoletja #42) by Kurt Vonnegut
White Russian:
23. Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn
24. Quicksilver by Amanda Quick
Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3) by Julia Quinn Quicksilver Book Two of the Looking Glass Trilogy by Amanda Quick
Mint Julep:
25. Primal by Lora Leigh et al.
26. Navarro's Promise by Lora Leigh
Primal (Breeds, #23; Nightshade, #1.5) by Lora Leigh Navarro's Promise (Breeds, #24) by Lora Leigh
Bloody Mary:
27. Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts
28. Black Hills by Nora Roberts
Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts Black Hills by Nora Roberts
Virgin Bloody Mary:
29. White Satin by Iris Johansen
30. All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
White Satin by Iris Johansen All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz
Cosmo:
31. Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick
Hot in Here by Sophie Renwick
Martini (shaken not stirred):
33. Cold Midnight by Joyce Lamb
34. Darkness at Dawn by Elizabeth Jennings
Cold Midnight by Joyce Lamb Darkness at Dawn by Elizabeth Jennings
Sex on the Beach:
35. Trace's Psychic by Jory Strong
36. Alana's Magic Lamp by Sahara Kelly
Trace's Psychic (Supernatural Bonds, #1) by Jory Strong Alana's Magic Lamp by Sahara Kelly
Salty Dog:
37. Full Exposure by Diana Duncan
38. Island Heat by Sarah Mayberry
Full Exposure (Mediterranean Nights #8) (Harlequin Special Releases) by Diana Duncan Island Heat (Mediterranean Nights #12) (Harlequin Special Releases) by Sarah Mayberry
7&7:
39. The Heir by Grace Burrowes
40. A Perfect Marriage? by Cindi Myers
The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1) by Grace Burrowes A Perfect Marriage? (Mediterranean Nights #7) (Harlequin Special Releases) by Cindi Myers
Lemon Drop:
41. A Perfect Fit by Sheridon Smythe
42. Mr. Hyde's Assets by Sheridon Smythe
A Perfect Fit (Time of Your Life) by Sheridon Smythe Mr. Hyde's Assets (Love Spell Contemporary Romance The Time of Your Life) by Sheridon Smythe
Snakebite:
43. Gabriel's Mate by Tina Folsom
44. Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank
Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3) by Tina Folsom Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank
Kamikaze:
45. Killer Curves by Roxanne St. Claire
46. Give Me A Cowboy by Linda Broday et al. (one of the stories qualifies!)
Killer Curves by Roxanne St. Claire Give Me A Cowboy by Linda Broday
Zombie:
47. My Zombie Valentine by Katie MacAlister et al.
48. Possession by Linda Mooney
My Zombie Valentine by Katie MacAlister Possession by Linda Mooney
Flaming Lamborghini:
49. Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts
50. In the Line of Fire by Jennifer LaBrecque
Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) by Jennifer LaBrecque

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 809 comments Time to start picking out books

message 7: by taita (new)

taita Nice! Bartender? I'm in!

message 8: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 48 comments I'm in, will post list in a bit.

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 195 comments Oh this does look fun. :D. I'll update this post.

message 10: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments LOL! This is great!

I think I'll do at least Hammered.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I'll have to see where I fit but I think this might just get me back into the challenges.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

this sounds like fun I'll have to see what my TBR pile can provide before I decide to jump on this one :)

message 13: by Suzanne (last edited Jul 02, 2012 01:49PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2101 comments OOooo, I love it!

Romance Readers Reading Challenges
Drinks/Cocktails Theme
Duration:
July 15th, 2011 - June 30th, 2012

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Progress: 50 out of 50

Stomach pumped: Read 2 book from each category!
(If you plan to have a huge drinking session, you must drink read a book from each of the listed categories before you start over again (25 in total excluding any chosen bonus books)

Wine of Choice:
1. Switzerland: Not Even for Love by Sandra Brown
2. Napa Valley: Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler
Mojito
3. One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
4. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
Tennessee Cowboy
5. The Rana Look by Sandra Brown
6. Logan by Linda Lael Miller
Tequila Sunrise
7. (Louisiana) Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
8. (California) Odd Hours by Dean Koontz
Rob Roy
9. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
10. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Manhattan
11. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
12. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Long Island Ice Tea
13. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
14. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Bay Breeze
15. The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson
16. Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
Rusty Nail
17. It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
18. Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Rum Runner
19. Runner: Need by Carrie Jones
20. Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison
Jagerbomb
21. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
22. Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
White Russian
23. City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane
24. Room by Emma Donoghue
Mint Julep
25. Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton
26. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Bloody Mary
27. Blood Work by Kim Harrison
28. Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb
Virgin Bloody Mary
29. Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn
30. Fire by Kristin Cashore
Cosmo
31. Pale Demon by Kim Harrison
32. Captivate by Carrie Jones
Martini
33. Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas - Book Set in England
34. Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb - Romantic Suspense
Sex on the Beach
35. Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton
36. The Last Summer by Ann Brashares
Salty Dog
37. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
38. Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie
7&7
39. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
40. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Lemon Drop
41. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
42. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Snakebite
43. Betrayed by P.C. Cast
44. Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane
Kamikaze
45. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
46. Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane
Zombie
47. Knocked Unconscious: And the Desert Blooms by Iris Johansen
48. Knocked Unconscious: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Flaming Lamborghini
49. Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
50. Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning The Dangerous Days of Daniel X (Daniel X, #1) by James Patterson Blood Work An Original Hollows Graphic Novel by Kim Harrison The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan Bullet (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #19) by Laurell K. Hamilton Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh The Help by Kathryn Stockett Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5) by J.D. Robb Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Betrayed (House of Night, #2) by P.C. Cast Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane The Rana Look by Sandra Brown Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) by Linda Lael Miller Being Nikki (Airhead, #2) by Meg Cabot One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9) by Kim Harrison City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Room by Emma Donoghue Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Odd Hours (Odd Thomas, #4) by Dean Koontz Not Even for Love by Sandra Brown Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore And The Desert Blooms (Seidkhan, #7) by Iris Johansen Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison Captivate (Need, #2) by Carrie Jones Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins Divine Misdemeanors (Meredith Gentry, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal, #1) by Stacey Jay Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie

message 14: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2192 comments Someone forgot to give herself credit for this challenge. So please give Jane a warm thank you, she truly deserves it!

Drinks/Cocktails Theme Challenge!
Duration: July 15th, 2011 - June 30th, 2012
Stomach pumped: 0/50

*I have to look through my shelves, before i decide which ones i'll be picking.

message 15: by Wan (last edited Jul 08, 2011 12:50PM) (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 2081 comments I'm in. Thanks Joanne, Jim, Penney, Kami, Dee, Rossy and Jane for this awesome Challenge.

To save space I'll post my monthly updates as I go along. :-)

The RRRC Cocktails Challenge
Duration: 15 July 2011 - 30 June 2012.
Stomach pumped – 0/50 Completed

message 16: by N.L. (last edited Jul 08, 2011 04:43PM) (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I'm in and will get Schwasted.

message 17: by SandyC (last edited Jul 08, 2011 11:58AM) (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1281 comments What a great challenge! Love it. I will go for stomach pumped and will post later. Thanks so much Jane! Also, thanks to Joanne, Jim, Penney, Kami, Dee and Rossy. You guys are so crative!

message 18: by Amy J. (last edited Jul 30, 2011 01:46PM) (new)

Amy J. | 349 comments Sounds fun I'm going to aim for passing out!

List:

1. Wine of choice (Santa Ynez wine country)- Sideways
2. Mojito - The Death of Artemio Cruz
3. Tennessee Cowboy - Fallen
4. Tequila Sunrise - Like Water for Chocolate
5. Rob Roy- The Fiery Cross
6. Manhattan- Lover Unleashed
7. Long Island Ice Tea- The Count of Monte Cristo
8. Bay Breeze- Slave to Sensation
9. Rusty Nail- Strange Bedpersons
10. Rum Runner- Making Waves
11. Jagerbomb - The Book Thief
12. White Russian - Schindler's List
13. Mint Julep- The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
14. Bloody Mary- Duma Key
15. Virgin Bloody Mary- Wicked Ties
16. Cosmo- Undead and Unappreciated
17. Martini- The Bourne Identity
18. Sex on the Beach- Dangerous Cravings
19. Salty Dog- Big Red
20. 7&7- Fade Out
21. Lemon Drop- Shadowfever
22. Snakebite- You Slay Me
23. Kamikaze- Norwegian Wood
24. Zombie- Feed
25. Flaming Lamborghini - The Darkest Night
26. Screwdriver (Georgia Peach or Florida Orange)- Torment
27. Hurricane (hurricane country)- Night Pleasures
28. Slippery Nipple (erotica or has a baby on the cover) - The Replacement
29. Starry Night (Scifi)- VALIS
30. Blood Punch (fighters or vamps) - Fight Club

Sideways by Rex Pickett The Death of Artemio Cruz by Carlos Fuentes Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5) by Diana Gabaldon Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Strange Bedpersons (MIRA) by Jennifer Crusie Making Waves by Tawna Fenske The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley Duma Key by Stephen King Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) by Robert Ludlum Dangerous Cravings by Evangeline Anderson Big Red by Jim Kjelgaard Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami Feed (Newsflesh, #1) by Mira Grant The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff Valis by Philip K. Dick Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

message 19: by Sherrie (last edited Sep 25, 2011 03:15PM) (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 48 comments I'm going to aim for Stomach Pumped since it's a year.

Progress:32 out of 50

(If you plan to have a huge drinking session, you must drink read a book from each of the listed categories before you start over again (25 in total excluding any chosen bonus books)

Wine of Choice
1. Murder by the Glass by Michele Scott
Mojito
Tennessee Cowboy
5. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Tequila Sunrise
7. Barely Bewitched
Rob Roy
Manhattan
Long Island Ice Tea
Bay Breeze
15.Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun by Victoria Laurie 9/25/11
Rusty Nail
17. Whiskey on the Rocks by Nina Wright 9/12/11
Rum Runner
Jagerbomb
White Russian
Mint Julep
Bloody Mary
Virgin Bloody Mary
Cosmo
Martini
Sex on the Beach
Salty Dog
7&7
Lemon Drop
Snakebite
Kamikaze
Zombie
Flaming Lamborghini
49. Firespell by Chloe Neill

Murder by the Glass (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #2) by Michele Scott Saving Ceecee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch, #2) by Kimberly Frost Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3) by Victoria Laurie Whiskey on the Rocks (Whiskey Mattimoe Mystery, #1) by Nina Wright Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill

message 20: by Sarah (last edited Jun 17, 2012 06:05PM) (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Cocktail Challenge
Completed: 50/50
DONE!! 6.17.12

Wine of Choice:
1.Shadow Walker by Allyson James (Albuquerque & Santa Fe, New Mexico) 7.26.11
2.Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells (Napa Valley) 5.22.12
Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3) by Allyson James Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells
Mojito
3.Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep (Latino character-Donovan Caine) 8.20.11
4.Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James (Latino character - Jose Rodriguez) 6.15.12
Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James
Tennessee Cowboy
5.Blood Law by Jeannie Holmes-(Mississippi) 8.13.11
6.Sins of the Demon by Diana Rowland-(Louisiana) 3.12.13
Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1) by Jeannie Holmes Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4) by Diana Rowland
Tequila Sunrise
7.Glass Houses by Rachel Caine 10.1.11
8.Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett (San Diego) 5.5.12
The Morganville Vampires Volume 1 (The Morganville Vampires, #1-2) by Rachel Caine Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett
Rob Roy
9.Seduced by Her Highland Warrior by Michelle Willingham 7.19.11
10.Haunted Warrior by Allie MacKay 3.16.12
Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2) by Michelle Willingham Haunted Warrior by Allie Mackay
Manhattan
11.City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare 10.23.11
12.A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford 2.4.12
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare A Touch Mortal (A Touch Trilogy, #1) by Leah Clifford
Long Island Ice Tea
13.Blood Red Road by Moira Young-459 pgs 8.14.11
14.The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross-473 pgs 3.24.12
Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross
Bay Breeze
15.The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa 8.9.11
16.The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross 4.28.12
The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2) by Kady Cross
Rusty Nail
17.Firelight by Sophie Jordan 8.28.11
18.Skinwalker by Faith Hunter 3.29.12
Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter
Rum Runner
19.Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead 9.18.11
20.Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane 4.29.12
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5) by Stacia Kane
Jagerbomb
21.The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson 9.4.11
22.A Million Suns by Beth Revis 5.14.12
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis
White Russian
23.The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe 8.8.11
24.Eventide by Elle Jasper - Romania 5.6.12
The Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1) by Megan Crewe Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles #3) by Elle Jasper
Mint Julep
25.Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews 1.16.11
26.Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper (set in Kentucky) 6.17.12
Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3) by Ilona Andrews Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper
Bloody Mary
27.Divergent by Veronica Roth 7.30.11
28.Sacrificial Magic by Stacia Kane 3.27.12
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4) by Stacia Kane
Virgin Bloody Mary
29.Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 7.23.11
30.Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin 3.27.12
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin
Cosmo
31.Forever by Maggie Stiefvater 10.8.11
32.Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell 4.8.12
Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Cranford (Oxford World's Classics) by Elizabeth Gaskell
Martini
33.Reckless by Anne Stuart 8.5.11
34.Pamela by Samuel Richardson 3.11.12
Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) by Anne Stuart Pamela Or, Virtue Rewarded by Samuel Richardson
Sex on the Beach
35.Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston 1.22.12
36.Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James 4.24.12
Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James
Salty Dog
37.Covet by J.R. Ward 8.10.11
38.Everdark by Elle Jasper 5.6.12
Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Everdark (Dark Ink Chronicles #2) by Elle Jasper
7&7
39.Demon by Kristina Douglas 8.2.11
40.Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts 3.9.12
Demon (The Fallen, #2) by Kristina Douglas Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1) by Jeyn Roberts
Lemon Drop
41.Breathless by Anne Stuart 8.5.11
42.City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane 3.26.12
Breathless (The House of Rohan, #3) by Anne Stuart City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane
Snakebite
43.Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister 7.19.11
44.Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane 3.25.12
Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane
Kamikaze
45.Shameless by Anne Stuart 8.5.11
46.A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford 2.19.12
Shameless (The House of Rohan, #4) by Anne Stuart A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2) by Leah Clifford
Zombie
47.Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon 8.9.11
48.The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa 5.3.12
Dead Beautiful (Dead Beautiful, #1) by Yvonne Woon The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa
Flaming Lamborghini
49.Kiss of Fury by Deborah Cooke 10.22.11
50.Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett 5.11.12
Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2) by Deborah Cooke Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2) by Jenn Bennett

*the cover of The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe was originally white

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh heck count me in and i'm gonna get Hammered...lol :)

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I think i'm going to go for Schwasted - but I might be appealling to the party organizer for a request to continue imbibing at a later date

message 23: by taita (new)

taita Hi Jane! I'm going for Hammered. Thanks!

FionaBluesBookCafe | 79 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
Drinks/Cocktails Theme

Progress: 0 out of 50

(If you plan to have a huge drinking session, you must drink read a book from each of the listed categories before you start over again ~25 in total excluding any chosen bonus books)

Wine of choice ~ a book that is set on a vineyard or in a recognised wine region (eg Napa Valley, Champagne France, Mosel Germany etc). Please note the wine region on your selection. To help, here is a wiki link: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wine-prod...
Tennessee Cowboy ~ a book set in one of the southern states of USA, or with a cowboy as main character.
Tequila Sunrise ~ a book that takes place in Mexico or south-west USA (west Texas to San Diego) or has the sun on the cover
Rob Roy ~ a book set in Scotland, has a Scottish character, or the main character is an outlaw/rebel
Long Island Ice Tea ~ a book set in (on?) Long Island, or a ‘long’ book (over 450 pages)
Bay Breeze ~ a book set in San Francisco or San Diego, or a book where the characters sail or travel on boats/ships (including space ships).
Rusty Nail - a book that takes place in the 'Rust Belt' (a region of the US stretching from Milwalkee to Syracuse, refer: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_Belt), has an H/h who is a builder/mechanic or has the colours of autumn on the cover
Rum Runner - a book that takes place in the Caribbean, deals with smuggling or import-export or has a H/h that is a fitness fanatic.
Jägerbomb - a book that takes place in Germany, has something to do with a bomb (threat, war etc), or has an explosion (eg starburst) or bomb on the cover. (As a point of interest, this drink is banned in some Australian regions as it encourages binge drinking and irresponsible behaviour! Huh – who would have guessed! *sarcasm*)
White Russian – a book set in Eastern Europe or has a predominantly white cover
Mint Julep – a book set in Kentucky or Virginia, or has a mint-green cover.
Virgin Bloody Mary (for the teetotalers) ~ H/h is a virgin or book has a red cover
Martini (shaken not stirred) ~ Spy, Special Ops, Undercover agent, romantic suspense (you get the idea…)
Sex on the Beach ~ Erotica or a book set on a beach or beach on the cover
Salty Dog ~ H/h is a pirate, the book is set on ship/boat or H/h has a dog companion
7&7 ~ 7 letters in authors name (1st or last), 7 words in title, 7th in series, or has the number 7 in the title.
Lemon Drop ~ a book with an acerbic/sarcastic H/h or with a yellow cover
Snakebite ~ a vampire book, a book that has a snake in it, or has a character that is sneaky
Kamikaze ~ a book with a ‘daredevil’ type character or a character set at self destruct, or a book set in Japan.
Zombie ~ a zombie book or a book where a character is/has been in a coma or is/was knocked unconscious.
Flaming Lamborghini ~ a book with the words ‘flame’, ‘burn’, ‘smoke’ or ‘fire’ in the title or a book with a character who is a dragon, demon or a professional driver.

message 25: by Shell (last edited Jul 17, 2011 09:56PM) (new)

Shell | 2 comments The RRRC Cocktails Challenge
July 15, 2011 - June 30, 2012

Passed out in the taxi line - 30 books
2/30 books completed

Wine of choice The Merlot Murders Northern Virginia AVA region
Mojito Rules of Attraction
Tennessee Cowboy Long Hard Ride July 16, 2011 4 stars
Tequila Sunrise Hounded
Rob Roy Laird of the Mist
Manhattan The Luxe
Long Island Ice Tea Jane Eyre
Bay Breeze The Alchemyst
Rusty Nail One Reckless Summer
Rum Runner Undertow
Jägerbomb On Basilisk Station
White Russian Vision in White 3 stars July 16, 2011
Mint Juliep Desire Untamed
Virgin Bloody Mary Catching Fire
Cosmo (ala Sex in the City) Second Chance
Martini (shaken not stirred) Against All Odds
Sex on the Beach Babysitting the Baumgartners
Salty Dog Master of Seduction
7&7 Ethereal Addison (7 Letters) Moore
Lemon Drop The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Snakebite Moon Dance
Kamikaze Thirteen Reasons Why
Zombie Allison Hewitt Is Trapped: A Zombie Novel
Flaming Lamborghini Kiss of Fire

Bonus themes:

Baby Mama Drama book that with a H/h with children or kid/children is a prominent feature in the novel Black Ties and Lullabies

Bear Juice book that has shapeshifter as a main character or a character with strong feelings about animals (not of the dog variety), H/h is an “alpha” Magic Burns

Irish Ghost book that deals with ghosts, spirits, or a book set in Ireland Shadowfever Shadowfever

Big Blue Sky book that has a blue cover, has sadness/depression/addiction issues (yes sex can be an addiction), makes you cry or takes place on a plane or has a character that is a pilot/stewardess TBD

Spicey Sword book that has a sword on the cover, has a knight/swashbuckler character, or has a cover with a “Spicey” model/scene (half dressed, dressed provocatively, etc) When You Dare

The Merlot Murders (Wine Country Mysteries #1) by Ellen Crosby Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) by Lorelei James Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1) by Paula Quinn The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott One Reckless Summer (Destiny, #1) by Toni Blake Undertow (Cutter Cay #1) by Cherry Adair On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington, #1) by David Weber Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1) by Pamela Palmer Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Second Chance by Jane Green Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1) by Irene Hannon Babysitting the Baumgartners (Baumgartners, #1) by Selena Kitt Master of Seduction (Sea Wolves, #1) by Kinley MacGregor Ethereal (Celestra #1) by Addison Moore The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire #1) by J.R. Rain Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Allison Hewitt Is Trapped A Zombie Novel by Madeleine Roux Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning TBD When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) by Lori Foster

message 26: by Shell (new)

Shell | 2 comments Great Challenge! Got a few out of my TBR pile, and some interesting new choices. Looking forward to it.

message 27: by Laura (last edited Sep 30, 2011 12:05PM) (new)

Laura | 169 comments im in too :) i will go with Passed out in the taxi line

7/30

Wine of choice-
Mojito-
Tennessee Cowboy-
Tequila Sunrise-
Rob Roy - Vampire Kisses 08/16 *
Manhattan - City of Bones 07/30 ***
Long Island Ice Tea -
Bay Breeze -
Rusty Nail -
Rum Runner -
Jägerbomb -
White Russian- Darkly Dreaming Dexter 08/09 ****
Mint Juliep -
Bloody Mary -Bitten 08/20 ***
Virgin Bloody Mary -
Cosmo (ala Sex in the City)-
Martini (shaken not stirred)-
Sex on the Beach Babysitting - The Switch 08/26 ***
Salty Dog -
7&7 Ethereal Addison (7 Letters) -
Snakebite - One Foot in the Grave 08/28 *****
Kamikaze -
Zombie -
Flaming Lamborghini -The Darkest Night 08/17 *****
Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1) by Jeff Lindsay The Switch (Dangerous Cravings, #2) by Evangeline Anderson Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter

message 28: by Crystal S (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 129 comments Mind if I join y'all? I think I'll aim for Stomach Pumped. Clearly I'm insane and don't think I have enough challenges going on. Haha!

message 29: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jul 12, 2011 06:40AM) (new)

Fran | 11369 comments I feel like a lightweight but I am going with Tipsy. When I finish getting tipsy I will probably come back for some more drunken fun :)

rum runner - Caught Running
7&7- The Ghost on My Couch
white russian- Amazing Grace
long island iced tea- The Au Pairs
cosmo- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf
bloody mary- Gone
flaming lamborghini- Playing with Fire
sex on the beach- tbd
Bonus drinks-
Green Demon (demon character)Demonglass
Full Moon- (werewolf character)-The Geek Job

Playing with Fire (Harlequin Superromance) by Amy Knupp Gone (Dream Catcher, #3) by Lisa McMann How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper Amazing Grace by Megan Shull The Au Pairs (The Au Pairs, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Caught Running by Madeleine Urban The Ghost on My Couch by L.A. Gilbert Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins The Geek Job by Eve Langlais

message 30: by Emily (last edited Jan 21, 2012 01:56PM) (new)

Emily | 824 comments I'm in going for Stomach Pumped

50/50 COMPLETED
Wine of Choice:
1. Take Me by Belle Andre 7.22
2. Ruthlessly Wedded Forcebly Bedded 12.18
Take Me (Take Me #1) by Bella AndreRuthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Presents Extra) by Abby Green
Mojito
3. Miami Spice by Deborah Merrell 8.12
4. Minion by L.A. Banks 1/20
Miami Spice by Deborah MerrellMinion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) by L.A. Banks
Tennessee Cowboy
5. Saddle Up by Marie Tuhart 7.29
6. Dead Sexy by Kimberly Raye 8.3
Saddle Up (Quicksilver Ranch, #3) by Marie TuhartDead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358) by Kimberly Raye
Tequila Sunrise
7. Plain Jane and the Playboy by Marie Farella 7.12
8. Hot Summer by Judy Powell 1/2
Plain Jane And The Playboy (Silhouette Special Edition, #1946) by Marie FerrarellaHot Summer by Judy Powell
Rob Roy
9. The Kings Mistress by Sandy Blair 8.9
10. Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh 9.3
The King's Mistress by Sandy BlairCaressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh
Manhattan
11.Storm's Interlude by Vonnie Davis 7.30
12. Down in Texas by Delilah Devlin 9.7
Storm's Interlude by Vonnie DavisDown In Texas by Delilah Devlin
Long Island Ice Tea
13. Bride and the Beast by Teresa Mederios 7/28
14. Wings of Fire by Caris Roane 9.20
The Bride and the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) by Teresa MedeirosWings of Fire (World of Ascension, #3) by Caris Roane
Bay Breeze
15. The Girl He Never Noticed by Lindsay Armstrong 8.9
16. One Perfect Night by Rachael Johns 11/22
The Girl he Never Noticed (Mills & Boon Modern) by Lindsay Armstrong
One Perfect Night by Rachael Johns
Rusty Nail
17. Shadowed Trust by Stacey Joy Netzel 10/31
18. Raw Desire by Leah Brooke 12.4
Shadowed Trust by Stacey Joy NetzelRaw Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #6) by Leah Brooke
Rum Runner
19. Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis 12.5
20. The Girl Most Likely by Jana Richards 12.20
Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill ShalvisThe Girl Most Likely (Class of 85) by Jana Richards
Jagerbomb
21. Deep Disclosure by Dee Davis
22. Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent by Jacqueline Baird 9.29
Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4) by Dee DavisUntamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent (Harlequin Presents, #2911) by Jacqueline Baird
White Russian
23.How to Seduce A Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling 8/6
24. If You Give A Girl A Viscount by Kieran Kramer 12.6
How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky DreilingIf You Give A Girl A Viscount (Impossible Bachelors, #4) by Kieran Kramer
Mint Julep
25. Next of Kin by Sharon Sala
26. For Kicks by Jenna Bayley Burke 1/15
Next of Kin by Sharon SalaFor Kicks by Jenna Bayley-Burke
Bloody Mary
27. Up Close and Personal by Linda Howard 8.18
28. Out of the Dark by Sharon Sala 8.22
Up Close and Dangerous by Linda HowardOut of the Dark by Sharon Sala
Virgin Bloody Mary
29. Night Fever by Diana Palmer 7.25
30. Lawman by Diana Palmer 8.12
Night Fever by Diana PalmerLawman by Diana Palmer
Cosmo
31. Pleasure Bound by Opal Carew 7.21
32. Heartless by Diana Palmer 11/3
Pleasure Bound by Opal CarewHeartless by Diana Palmer
Martini
33. Dangerous Games by Lora Leigh 7.20
34. Overwhelmed by Laina Kelley 8.19
Dangerous Games (Tempting SEALs, #2) by Lora LeighOverwhelmed (DIG Security 2) by Laina Kenney
Sex on the Beach
35. Punished by Brynn Paulin 7.10
36. Table for Three by Missy Martine 7.19
Punished (Taboo Wishes, #1) by Brynn PaulinTable for Three by Missy Martine
Salty Dog
37. Sizzle at Sea by Wynter Daniels 9/29
38. The Search by Iris Johanson 1/13
Sizzle at Sea by Wynter DanielsThe Search (Eve Duncan Forensic Thrillers, #3) by Iris Johansen
7&7
39. Guns Will Keep Us Together by Leslie Langtry 7/18
40. Blackmailed by Annmarie McKenna 8/6
Guns Will Keep Us Together (Bombay Assassins, # 2) by Leslie LangtryBlackmailed by Annmarie McKenna
Lemon Drop
41. Make Mine A Cowboy by Katie Lane 7.15
42. Romeo Romeo by Robin Kaye 7.29
Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2) by Katie LaneRomeo, Romeo (Domestic Gods, #1) by Robin Kaye
Snakebite
43. Tantalize by Cynthia Leititch Smith 7/21
44. Fated by Rebecca Zanetti 7/26
Tantalize (Tantalize, #1) by Cynthia Leitich SmithFated (Dark Protectors #1) by Rebecca Zanetti
Kamikaze
45.Big Bad Beast by Shelley Laurenston 8/3
46. Hideen Agendas by Lora Leigh 9.17
Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6) by Shelly LaurenstonHidden Agendas (Tempting SEALs, #4) by Lora Leigh
Zombie
47. Zombies Sold Seperately by Cheyenne McCray 8.2
48. Sadie's Texas Cowboy Saviors by Kayla Knight 8.11
Zombies Sold Separately (Night Tracker, #4) by Cheyenne McCraySadie's Texas Cowboy Saviors by Kayla Knight
Flaming Lamborghini
49. My Dangerous Pleasure by Carolyn Jewel 7/20
50. Trial by Fire by Jo Davis 7/18
My Dangerous Pleasure (My Immortals #4) by Carolyn JewelTrial by Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #1) by Jo Davis

message 31: by Katie (last edited Jul 09, 2011 11:58AM) (new)

Katie | 2083 comments i'm in!
0/50 read
stomach pumped

Wine of Choice:
1. Beast Behaving Badly - Maine
2. Dreaming of You - Missouri
Mojito:
3. The Cross of Sins
4. The Solstice Mistletoe Effect
Tennessee Cowboy:
5. Roping the Wind
6. Rawley's Redemption
Tequila Sunrise:
7. Black Point
8. Seb's Surrender
Rob Roy:
9. Stealing West
10. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
Manhattan:
11. Fortune's Honor
12. The Locker Room
Long Island Ice Tea:
13. Crave
14. Last Dragon Standing
Bay Breeze:
15. Lover's Knots
16. Rogue Wolf
Rusty Nail:
17. Sins of Arrogance
18. To Keep and to Love
Rum Runner:
19. The Perfect Cover
20. Pump Me Up
Jagerbomb:
21. Soldier
22. Surface Tension
White Russian:
23. All Stirred Up
24. The Mistletoe Experiment
Mint Julep:
25. My Dangerous Duke
26. Taking you Home
Bloody Mary:
27. Fallen Star
28. Midnight Awakening
Virgin Bloody Mary:
29. Art for Art's Sake
30. Strawberries for Dessert
Cosmo:
31. Evolution
32. Genesis
Martini:
33. The Morning Star
34. Wintergreen
Sex on the Beach:
35. Back to the Garden
36. A Baumgartner Reunion
Salty Dog:
37. Dancing With The Tide
38. Bloodraven
7 & 7:
39. Lover Avenged
40. Ride
Lemon Drop:
41. Rinse and Repeat
42. Surrender
Snakebite:
43. Blood Fever
44. Vampire Wanted
Kamikaze:
45. Trust Me If You Dare
46. Dash and Dingo: In Search of the Tasmanian Tiger
Zombie:
47. Clean Slate
48. Life, Over Easy
Flaming Lamborghini:
49. A Sure-Fire Cure
50. On Fire II: Still Burning

message 32: by Dina (new)

Dina (missdina) | 807 comments I'm a light drinker... I'll post as I go, as I don't know which drinks I'll be having yet. ;)

Duration: July 15, 2011 - June 30, 2012

Level: Hammered: Beer goggles no longer optional

0/20 completed

Wine of choice ~ a book that is set on a vineyard or in a recognised wine region (eg Napa Valley, Champagne France, Mosel Germany etc). Please note the wine region on your selection.
Tequila Sunrise ~ a book that takes place in Mexico or south-west USA (west Texas to San Diego) or has the sun on the cover.
Rob Roy ~ a book set in Scotland, has a Scottish character, or the main character is an outlaw/rebel.
Long Island Ice Tea ~ a book set in (on?) Long Island, or a ‘long’ book (over 450 pages).
Rusty Nail ~ a book that takes place in the 'Rust Belt' (a region of the US stretching from Milwalkee to Syracuse, refer: www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_Belt), has an H/h who is a builder/mechanic or has the colours of autumn on the cover.
Rum Runner ~ a book that takes place in the Caribbean, deals with smuggling or import-export or has a H/h that is a fitness fanatic.
Jägerbomb ~ a book that takes place in Germany, has something to do with a bomb (threat, war etc), or has an explosion (eg starburst) or bomb on the cover. (As a point of interest, this drink is banned in some Australian regions as it encourages binge drinking and irresponsible behaviour! Huh – who would have guessed! *sarcasm*).
White Russian ~ a book set in Eastern Europe or has a predominantly white cover.
Mint Julep ~ a book set in Kentucky or Virginia, or has a mint-green cover.
Virgin Bloody Mary (for the teetotalers) ~ H/h is a virgin or book has a red cover.
Martini (shaken not stirred) ~ Spy, Special Ops, Undercover agent, romantic suspense (you get the idea…)
Sex on the Beach ~ Erotica or a book set on a beach or beach on the cover.
Salty Dog ~ H/h is a pirate, the book is set on ship/boat or H/h has a dog companion.
Lemon Drop ~ a book with an acerbic/sarcastic H/h or with a yellow cover.
Snakebite ~ a vampire book, a book that has a snake in it, or has a character that is sneaky.

message 33: by KimKirt (last edited Aug 29, 2011 06:23AM) (new)

KimKirt | 1638 comments Okay, jumping in with both feet. Add me to the stomach pumpers!

Drinks/Cocktails Theme

Progress: 7 out of 50

Wine of Choice:

Mojito

Tennessee Cowboy

Tequila Sunrise
7. Call Me Irresistible

Rob Roy

Manhattan
11. Lover Avenged

Long Island Ice Tea
13. The Help

Bay Breeze

Rusty Nail

Rum Runner

Jagerbomb

White Russian
23. First Grave on the Right

Mint Julep

Bloody Mary

Virgin Bloody Mary
29. When Beauty Tamed the Beast

Cosmo

Martini
33. The Unsung Hero

Sex on the Beach

Salty Dog
37. Devil in Winter

7&7

Lemon Drop

Snakebite

Kamikaze

Zombie

Flaming Lamborghini

message 34: by Christina (AKA Babbling) (last edited Jul 31, 2011 05:42PM) (new)

Christina (AKA Babbling) (babblingbookreviews) | 195 comments I know, I know. Caused Jane to create another intoxication level and I chicken out of it. ;)

UPDATED 31 JUL 11

RRRC Drinks/Cocktails Themed Challenge
15 Jul 11 - 30 Jun 12
Drunk - 15 books

1/15

Manhattan ~ New York - Bound by Flame
Long Island Ice Tea ~ a ‘long’ book - Storm Kissed (451 pgs.)
Bay Breeze ~ San Francisco - Hostage to Pleasure
Rum Runner - smuggling - The Smuggler and the Society Bride
Mint Julep – Virginia - The Diva Runs Out of Thyme
Bloody Mary ~ kick-ass heroine. TBD
Virgin Bloody Mary ~ red cover - Ravishing in Red
Cosmo (ala Sex in the City) ~ friends as main characters - Under the Rose
Martini (shaken not stirred) ~ romantic suspense TBD
Sex on the Beach ~ set on a beach/beach on the cover - Rites of Spring (Break)
Lemon Drop ~ a yellow cover - His at Night
Snakebite ~ vampire - Kiss of Midnight - 25 Jul 11
Kamikaze ~ Japan - Ice Blue
Zombie ~ a zombie book or a book where a character is/has been in a coma or is/was knocked unconscious. (BOTH!!) - Embrace the Night Eternal
Flaming Lamborghini ~ ‘fire’ in the title - Catching Fire

===========
Bound by Flame (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #2) by Anna Windsor Storm Kissed (Final Prophecy, #6) by Jessica Andersen Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh The Smuggler and the Society Bride by Julia Justiss The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #1) by Krista Davis Ravishing in Red (The Rarest Blooms, #1) by Madeline Hunter Under the Rose (Secret Society Girl, #2) by Diana Peterfreund Rites of Spring (Break) (Secret Society Girl, #3) by Diana Peterfreund His at Night by Sherry Thomas Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Ice Blue (Ice, #3) by Anne Stuart Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2) by Joss Ware Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2) by Suzanne Collins

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 809 comments I guess i'm going to have to get my Stomach pumped for this chellenge

message 36: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Great challenge idea, guys, and thank you so much for hosting, Jane.

One question though, since this is posted in the Dare You to Read folder, will there be a general discussion question/s for the book/s being read for this challenge. If this will be simply a straightforward challenge, where participants simply crossed off categories, Rossy or I can transfer this to the Other Challenges folder.

Remember, the Dare You to Read folder is for more in-depth discussion of book/s.

Keep me posted.

Again, wonderful idea, and very organized challenge.

message 37: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1879 comments Okay, I'm in for Passed out in the taxi line. I tried to resist, but....someone has to promise to be my AA mentor when this is said and done!!!

I'll post as I go!

message 38: by Amanda (last edited Jul 10, 2011 06:19PM) (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments Going til I pass out! Tentative list coming soon!

RRRC Cocktails Challenge
Duration: July 15, 2011 – June 30, 2012
Goal: Passed out
Book count: 0/30

Books by location

Wine of choice - Character owns a wine shop - A Lot Like Love by Julie James
Mojito - Latino character - Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Tennesee Cowboy - Cowboy main character - Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty
Tequila Sunrise - Southwest – Arizona - Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead
Rob Roy - Rebel/outlaw character - Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
Manhattan - New York - The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Long Island Iced Tea - Over 450pgs - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
Bay Breeze - Spaceship - Grimspace by Ann Aguirre
Rusty Nail - Mechanic - Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Rum Runner - Carribean - Undertow by Cherry Adair
Jägerbomb - Explosion cover - Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
White Russian - White cover - Undercover by Lauren Dane
Mint Julep - Mint green cover - Song of Scarabaeus by Sara Creasy

Books by theme

Bloody Mary - Horror genre - Deadline by Mira Grant
Virgin Bloody Mary - Red cover - Shades of Dark by Linnea Sinclair
Cosmo - Chick-lit - Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie
Martini - Romantic suspense - Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
Sex on the Beach - Erotica - Breaking Free by Cherise Sinclair
Salty Dog - Pirate character - Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey
7&7 - Last name - Beyond the Rain by Jess Granger
Lemon Drop - Yellow cover - The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Snakebite - Vampire book - The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason
Kamikaze - Self-destructive hero - A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
Zombie - Zombies - Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Flaming Lamborghini - Professional driver - Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy

Bonus themes

Mimosa - Orange cover - Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Moonshine - Shifters - Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
Hurricane - East/Gulf Coasts - Wicked Ties by Shayla Black
Blue Hawaiian - Blue cover - Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter
Painkiller - Character with an injury/condition/handicap - Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles

message 39: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1381 comments I decided to jump in. I suck at getting drunk...so I'm going for tipsy.

Duration: July 15, 2011 - June 30, 2012

0/10

Wine of choice-Crush on You by Christie Ridgway
Tennessee Cowboy - Raising Kane by Lorelei James
Rob Roy - Tempting the Highlander by Michelle Sinclair
Manhattan -Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
Bloody Mary -The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen
Martini (shaken not stirred)- Deadly Little Secrets by Jeanne Adams
Salty Dog - Captured by Beverly Jenkins
7&7 - Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards (last name 7 ltrs)
Snakebite - Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh
Flaming Lamborghini - Where There's Fire by Maureen McKade

Crush on You (Three Kisses, #1) by Christie Ridgway Raising Kane (Rough Riders Series #9) by Lorelei James Untitled Hist Romance # 5 by Michele Sinclair Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward The Keepsake (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #7) by Tess Gerritsen Deadly Little Secrets by Jeanne Adams Captured by Beverly Jenkins Just One Taste by Louisa Edwards Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh Where There's Fire by Maureen McKade

message 40: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1879 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Lacy wrote: "Okay, I'm in for Passed out in the taxi line. I tried to resist, but....someone has to promise to be my AA mentor when this is said and done!!!

I'll post as I go!"

LOL! I was wonder..."

LOL! I'll be your sponser!

message 41: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 138 comments So I stumbled in this topic and decided to get drunk .

I think I'll be posting my drinks as I read them... not sure yet (:

message 42: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ Count me in! I'm aiming at getting Hammered. I'll post as I go.

message 43: by Laurie (last edited Sep 22, 2011 01:18AM) (new)

Laurie I can't resist a good challenge - I'm in!

Drinks/Cocktails Theme

Progress: 19 of 52

Wine of Choice:
1. Erica Spindler - Blood Vines
Mojito
3. Marta Acosta - Happy Hour at Casa Dracula
Tennessee Cowboy
5. Linda Howard - Veil of Night
Tequila Sunrise
7. Linda Lael Miller - Don't Look Now
Rob Roy
9. Karen Ranney - Till Next We Meet
Manhattan
11. Linda Warren - Once a Cowboy (man with hat)
Long Island Ice Tea
13. Sandra Brown - White Hot
Bay Breeze
15. Lisa Jackson - If She Only Knew
Rusty Nail
17. Ramona Wray - Hex: A Witch and Angel Tale
Rum Runner
19. Sue Civil-Brown - Hurricane Hannah
Jagerbomb
21. Dee Davis - Enigma
White Russian
Mint Julep
25. Nora Roberts - Tribute
Bloody Mary
27. Stephen King - Carrie
Virgin Bloody Mary
29. Kerstin Gier - Ruby Red
Cosmo
31. Laura Bradley - The Brush-Off
Martini
33. Libba Bray - A Great and Terrible Beauty
Sex on the Beach
35. Nancy Bush - Hush
Salty Dog
37. Laura Levine - Killer Cruise
7&7
39. Katie MacAlister - Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang
Lemon Drop
41. Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Snakebite
43. Mary Janice Davidson - Undead and Unemployed
Kamikaze
45. Sandra Hill - Pearl Jinx
Zombie
47. Janet Dailey - Masquerade
Flaming Lamborghini
49. Iris Johansen - Firestorm
Bonus
51. box car (trains): Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express
52. Graveyard: Darynda Jones - First Grave on the Left

White Hot by Sandra Brown Don't Look Now (Look trilogy #1) by Linda Lael Miller Till Next We Meet  by Karen Ranney If She Only Knew (San Francisco #1) by Lisa Jackson Tribute by Nora Roberts The Brush-Off A Hair-Raising Mystery by Laura Bradley Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson Ruby Red (Edelstein-Trilogie #1) by Kerstin Gier The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Happy Hour at Casa Dracula (Casa Dracula #1) by Marta Acosta Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones, #7) by Katie MacAlister Blood Vines by Erica Spindler Veil of Night by Linda Howard Pearl Jinx (Cajun, #6) by Sandra Hill Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie Killer Cruise (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #8) by Laura Levine Once a Cowboy (Harlequin American Romance) by Linda Warren A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Hex, A Witch and Angel Tale by Ramona Wray Hurricane Hannah (Hqn Romance) by Sue Civil-Brown Carrie by Stephen King Hush by Nancy Bush Firestorm by Iris Johansen First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

message 44: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jul 20, 2011 04:23PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3650 comments I'm in and think I'd like to PASS OUT!

READ: 1/30

Wine of choice ~ Raine - Elizabeth Amber (Tuscany wine region)
Tennessee Cowboy ~ Black Rose - Nora Roberts (set in Tennessee)
Tequila Sunrise ~ Crazy Hot - Tara Janzen (set in Utah)
Rob Roy ~ A Scotsman in Love - Karen Ranney
Manhattan ~ Hell, Yeah - Carolyn Brown
Long Island Ice Tea ~ Roadside Crosses - Jeffery Deaver (548 pages) 7/18
Bay Breeze ~ Born of Fire - Sherrilyn Kenyon (spaceship travel)
Rusty Nail - The Land of Painted Caves - Jean Auel
Rum Runner - Making Waves - Tawna Fenske (set in Caribbean)
Jägerbomb -Plague Ship - Clive Cussler (explosion on cover)
White RussianSeraphs - Faith Hunter (white cover)
Mint JulepManhunting - Jennifer Crusie (set in Kentucky)

Raine (the Lords of Satyr, #2) by Elizabeth Amber Black Rose (In the Garden trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Crazy Hot (Steele Street, #1) by Tara Janzen A Scotsman in Love by Karen Ranney Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2) by Carolyn Brown Roadside Crosses (Kathryn Dance, #2) by Jeffery Deaver Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children, #6) by Jean M. Auel Making Waves by Tawna Fenske Plague Ship (Oregon Files, #5) by Clive Cussler Seraphs (Rogue Mage, #2) by Faith Hunter Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie

Bloody Mary ~ Exquisite Corpse - Poppy Z. Brite (suspense)
Virgin Bloody Mary - Walking Dead - C.E. Murphy (red cover)
Cosmo (aka Sex in the City) ~ Foetal Attraction - Kathy Lette (Chick lit)
Martini (shaken not stirred) ~ Waking Nightmare - Kyle Brant (romantic suspense)
Sex on the Beach ~ Swing - Opal Carew (Erotica)
Salty Dog ~ Love Overboard - Janet Evanovich (H/h is a pirate)
7&7 ~ The Accidental Werewolf - Dakota Cassidy (authors name 7 letters)
Lemon Drop ~ If Wishing Made It So - Lucy Finn (yellow cover)
Snakebite ~ Eternal Hunger - Laura Wright (a vampire book)
Kamikaze ~ Unexpected - Lori Foster (female rambo/daredevil)
Zombie ~ My Zombie Valentine - anthology
Flaming Lamborghini ~ Burning Alive - Shannon Butcher (a book with 'burn’ in the title)

Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite Walking Dead (Walker Papers, #4) by C.E. Murphy Foetal Attraction by Kathy Lette Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1) by Kylie Brant Swing by Opal Carew Love Overboard by Janet Evanovich The Accidental Werewolf (Accidental Friends, #1) by Dakota Cassidy If Wishing Made It So (Signet Eclipse) by Lucy Finn Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire #1) by Laura Wright Unexpected by Lori Foster My Zombie Valentine by Katie MacAlister Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher

BONUS drinks: stolen from Shell and Fran. Thanks Ladies.
Bear Juice - Rion - Susan Kearney (dragon shapeshifter)
Spicy Sword - Forbidden Highlander - Donna Grant (sword on cover AND spicy model on cover)
Big Blue Sky - Tsunami Blue - Gayle Ann Williams (blue cover)
Irish Ghost - Shadow Bound - Erin Kellison (ghost/spirits)
Green Demon - The Darkest Passion - Gena Showalter (demon character)
Full Moon - The Werewolf Upstairs - Ashlyn Chase (werewolf character)

Rion (Pendragon Legacy, #2) by Susan Kearney Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2) by Donna Grant Tsunami Blue by Gayle Ann Williams Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter The Werewolf Upstairs by Ashlyn Chase

message 45: by Lindy-Lane (last edited May 26, 2012 08:56AM) (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 452 comments I've always said that I need a 12-step program for my reading addiction! I'm drinking reading for the Passed out in the taxi line - 30 books level. I'll post my drinks books as I drink read along.

22/30 Drank Read; Bar Updated 5.20

By Location:

Wine,Mojito,Tennessee Cowboy,Tequila Sunrise,Rob Roy, Manhattan, Long Island Ice Tea, Bay Breeze, Rusty Nail, Rum Runner, Jagerbomb, White Russian, Mint Julep

(Rusty Nail): I read The Quilter's Apprentice (Elm Creek Quilts, #1) by Jennifer Chiaverini (story takes place in N.W. PA) The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini (7.21.11)

(Bay Breeze): I read The Queen's Jewels (Murder, She Wrote, #34) by Jessica Fletcher (characters travel on boats/ships)The Queen's Jewels by Jessica Fletcher (7.22.11)

(Jagerbomb): I read The Sound of Munich by Suzanne Nelson (book takes place in Germany)
The Sound of Munich by Suzanne Nelson (7.30.11)

(Long Island Ice Tea): I read Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1) by Jane Lindskold (a long book with 594 pages)Through Wolf's Eyesby Jane Lindskold (10.26.11)

(Manhattan): I read Wyoming! (Wagons West, #3) by Dana Fuller Ross (book with man with hat on the cover) Wyoming!by Dana Fuller Ross (11.11.11)

(Wine): I read The Vintage Caper by Peter Mayle (Bordeaux vineyards)The Vintage Caper by Peter Mayle (12.13.11)

(Tennessee Cowboy): I read Ten Little Bloodhounds by Virginia Lanier (set in Georgie) Ten Little BloodhoundsVirginia Lanier (12.20.11)

(White Russian): I read The Best Advice I Ever Got Lessons from Extraordinary Lives by Katie Couric (mostly white cover) The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives by Katie Couric (1.5.12)

(Mint Julep): I read Hounded to Death ("Sister" Jane, #7) by Rita Mae Brown (set in Virginia)Hounded to Death by Rita Mae Brown (3.12.12)

(Rum Runner): I read
Desire in the Sun by Karen Robards (Barbados/Caribbean/ Pirates) Desire in the Sun by Karen Robards (5.20.12)

By Theme:

Bloody Mary, Virgin Bloody Mary, Cosmo, Martini, Sex on the Beach, Salty Dog, 7&7, Lemon Drop, Snakebite, Kamikaze, Zombie, Flaming Lamborghini

(Cosmo): I read Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) by Meg Cabot (chick lit) Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot (7.18.11)

(7&7): I read Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach (7 letters in authors name) Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach (8.23.11)

(Virgin Bloody Mary): I read Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen (heroine [Georgiana] is a virgin) Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen (9.13.11)

(Zombie): I read Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (coma/unconscious character)Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (10.23.11)

(Snakebite): I read Little Vampire Women by Louisa May Alcott (vampire book) Little Vampire Women by Lynn Messina (11.8.11)

(Salty Dog): I read Pirates by Linda Lael Miller (pirate characters) Pirates byLinda Lael Miller (11.10.11

(Lemon Drop): I read Earth Colors (Em Hansen Mystery, #9) by Sarah Andrews (yellow cover) Earth Colors by Sarah Andrews(1.23.12)

(Bloody Mary): I read Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon (suspense/horror)Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon (2.19.12)

(Sex on the Beach)...: I read
Trouble at High Tide (Murder, She Wrote, #37) by Jessica Fletcher [beach on cover]Trouble at High Tide by Jessica Fletcher (5.5.12)

Bonus (TBA):

(Lesbian).....[book has a major homosexual character]: I read The Big Bang Symphony A Novel of Antarctica by Lucy Jane Bledsoe The Big Bang Symphony: A Novel of Antarctica by Lucy Jane Bledsoe (8.27.11)

(Fuzzy Leprechaun)...[story takes place in Ireland]): I read The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy The Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy (10.2.11)

(Tom Collins)....[cat character]: I read Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7) by Carole Nelson Douglas Cat in a Flamingo Fedora by Carole Nelson Douglas (10.21.11)

message 46: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cklueh) | 455 comments I was waiting for this challenge, but I don't think I got an invite. Thinking back to my drinking days, I'll have to go with Passed out in the taxi line - 30 books. However, mine was always Passed Out in the Bathroom. My motto was "There is a fine line between fun and sick, and I will walk that line."

message 47: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jul 13, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20979 comments We have just moved location - the elevator (affectionately known as Rossy) has moved us up 3 levels into 'Other Challenges' because we are not holding discussions on books (some moderator distinction that hurts my head after testing all these cocktails!)

So welcome to our new home - find a comfy bar stool/lounge, make sure the TV is set to a good channel and line up your peanuts - we lift off in (Australian time) 16 hours :) (Of course, I'll be asleep for lift off along with most of you...)

message 48: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jul 13, 2011 02:50PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20979 comments Courtney - DDee is going to be 'Passed out at the Waffle House' - feel free to modify your location :)

Ooops - she decided to get schwasted instead...

message 49: by Lynne (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:13PM) (new)

Lynne (lovetoreadgal) | 1167 comments I'm in at Stomach Pumped! I'll post later. Are we updating these posts or just adding new ones?

message 50: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway | 700 comments I'll join at the Stomach Pumped level. I'll need to think about my books and post later.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19