Bernotas Bookworm's discussion

Have you ever read a classical book?If so which one(s)?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zach (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments this basically includes books such as
A.) Tom Sawyer and/or Huck Finn
B.) War and Peace
C.) Moby Dick
D.) Don Quixote
E.) To Kill a Mockingbird.
I Can't wait to hear about all of the classical books that you have all read!

message 2: by Zach (last edited Nov 09, 2010 11:44AM) (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments I myself have read 5 classical books. these include
War and Peace, Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, Moby Dick,and To Kill a Mockingbird. They all are absolutely excellent and display a stellor example of what classical books are all about!

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 1 comments No

message 4: by Mitch (new)

Mitch M. | 5 comments Mod
Best ones : Tom Sawyer,Three Musketeers, and Robin Hood.

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica M. | 5 comments does pride and prejudice count?

message 6: by Zach (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments Erica wrote: "does pride and prejudice count?"

absolutely, I've tried to read it but I only got about 85% of the way and it just got too girly for me. I will probably finish it soon though.

message 7: by Erica (new)

Erica M. | 5 comments It is not that girlie! It's too proper to be anywhere near girlie. But I stopped around that area, too.

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica M. | 5 comments Would you recommend reading To Kill A Mockingbird?

message 9: by Zach (last edited Feb 25, 2011 03:45PM) (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments Yes, I would recommend reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, very much in fact. There are boring parts and there are interesting parts; however, it is a fantastic book that you can really learn something from. Overall, it is a classical book that requires time and patience, but it is all worth the wait.

message 10: by Zach (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments I am thinking of reading "The Odyssey" by Homer soon.

message 11: by Courteney (new)

Courteney | 1 comments heard it was a good book!

message 12: by Erica (new)

Erica M. | 5 comments Thanks for your insight!

message 13: by Zach (last edited Feb 25, 2011 03:51PM) (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments I am almost done with the Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It is a classic example of life during the jazz age. Gatsby himself proves to be a very rich deity kind of a person, while the main character proves to be a very poor, low-life, peasant. However, despite their differences, the two still became friends! Although the main character becomes jealous of what he could have had ( from my point of view anyways). So the overall theme of the book would definitely be about jealousy (in my opinion) like "To Kill a Mockingird" was about segragation and prejudice.

message 14: by Zach (last edited Feb 25, 2011 03:55PM) (new)

Zach W. | 10 comments The reason why I think that the "great gatsby" is about jealousy is because...... I don't want to post any spoilers, if anyone wants to know how I came to those conclusions, inbox me a request for the information and I will inbox you the conclusions! :)