Kenyons Minions discussion

Acheron's Commercial

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments IF you check out on youtube.com and type in "Acheron Commercial" you guys will get to have a sneak peak into some of the scenes that will happen in the long awaited book of ACHERON.

Less then 2 weeks to go! You guys need to make sure to special order because sometimes, bookstores can be a pain in the butt, and you might even get a discount!

The price so far is $24.00 which I have to admit, is the most expensive by far. Which only goes to show that this will be well wort it. Because it is priced on how hard and how long Kenyon works on it.

So it MUST BE GOOD!

By the way, before I forget. The commercial is awesome! I just wish it was longer T.T But then again, Kenyon probably doesn't want to reveal to much to her devoted fans lol.

Whats your thoughts on the commercial?

message 2: by Cat Singh (new)

Cat Singh | 10 comments Loved it!! I think i pictured him with longer (blonder) hair. (At least blonde as pre-god) I think they should make a movie....

message 3: by Natale (new)

Natale (natalestenzel) | 9 comments Oh, going to have to check it out! Wasn't it on TV first, too? Sci-Fi channel, maybe?

message 4: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments You need to go to youtube.com and then type in the search bar area. "Acheron Commercial" That's what you need to type in order for you to find the commercial on youtube. I'm not sure yet what channels they have used to put the commercial on it and air it.

message 5: by Sam8 (new)

Sam8 or just go to yearofacheron.com and it's there too or on her website.

message 6: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments Yep, and also don't forget that he always hated his blonde hair. That's why he would have it black no matter what.

message 7: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Ah- I loved the commercial!

I thought it was a great way to promote Acheron's story, though who ever read her DH series would fall in love with it by mid way of any book they've read.

I agree they should make a movie.

message 8: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Agree on the movie part. But it'll be a challenge finding someone who's (at least close to) 6'8'', looks good with fangs, marbled blue skin, horns... and knows how to act. ;)

message 9: by Abigail Childs (new)

Abigail Childs | 9 comments Hey they got the actor who played Hagrid in Harry Potter to look over seven feet tall so this doable the rest..... I don't know you may have a point.

message 10: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments And they need to find an actor who isn't killed on the spot if he doesn't look like a shred like the Acheron that we all have imagined in our head.

message 11: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Which would be super tough, since everyone sees Ash differently.
Honestly, Travis Fimmel is way off what my Ash looks like.

message 12: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne | 1 comments goran visnjic is 6'4" and could make us all "ash" happy if he just grew his hair out.

message 13: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Meh.

When I think of Višnjić, I always see Luka in ER or the roman guy with a Slavic accent.
Not Ash-material for me.

Honestly, I have no idea who could do Ash justice in a movie.
Gerry Butler is a tad too old, though he sure can pull off the ripped look (300 anyone?)... And he can sing.

message 14: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Gerry Butler in 300! If only...... Imagine him on stage looking out in the audience playing his guitar and singing 'Savin Me' by Nickelback. Can you even imagine what the ladies in the audience would do?

I do agree though, he does look a bit too old.

message 15: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Don't know about the others, but I know exactly what I'd do. Melt, scream, drool, toss my underwear onto the stage... and that would be just the beginning of it. *grin*

But maybe it is a possibility for Gerry to pull off Acheron. Nowadays almost anything's possible with the right amount of makeup... or better yet, CG.
If they can PhotoShop the heck out of the magazine covers, why not do it in the movies as well?

message 16: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments You and I both Alathea. I think by the end of the night I'm going to need Tory to give me a good butt whooping becuase I'm sure he would be too tempting to pass up. *sigh* Especially Mr.Butlers body? Damn, take off that shirt and rock out on stage and look into my eyes!

message 17: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I was thinking of someone young who could play Ash. the only person I thought of was Garrett Hedlund. He was Patroclus in Troy. All we need to do is buff him up a little and color his hair black, make him taller and there we go a young looking Ash. :( I do prefer Gerry Butler though. *drooling*

message 18: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments And here's where the problem lies. No matter which actor they choose - and let's face it, they haven't mentioned anything about a movie - some fans will never be satisfied. It's just the way of things.

Speaking of Troy, how about Orlando Bloom? But more along the lines of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, when he had buffed up a little.

But yeah, I'd take Gerry Butler over him any day, wrinkles and all. ;)

message 19: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments haha, I agree no one will be satisfied. Honestly, nothing can beat the Ash in my head. Everytime I hear the song 'Savin Me' I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking of my Ash singing it to me.

message 20: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments lol I once thought Brad Pitt could pull off the look of Acheron. Because in Troy he had the long blonde hair going on that ended just above his shoulders and he looked good. *shivers* especially in the beginning with the naked scene. But I kind of can't see him with long hair. Its somewhat hard to find a buff man who looks deliciously sexy with such long hair like Ash's.

I wonder if Tory is allowed to braid his hair just for kicks you know? When he's asleep? And she secretly adds a few girly hair pieces. haha.

message 21: by Penny (new)

Penny | 4 comments Oh my gosh I loved Brad in Troy, my husband was watching it and I was like yeah this is good lol.

message 22: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I was just watching Troy last night and now there's all this talk about it. I agree with both of you, Brad in Troy is fine!

Speaking of Brad with long hair, he was in this movie a while back and he had long hair. I can't remember what the movie is called but I have it somewhere in my DVD collection. WHen I find it I'll put the title on here.

message 23: by Penny (new)

Penny | 4 comments I remember that movie but I can't think of the name of it. I'm a long time Brad Pitt fan which I guess really shows my age lol.

message 24: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I think you're talking about Legends of the Fall. He was a little baby-faced back then, but hey, Ash doesn't look a day over 20.

I saw Mummy the other day and thought of Oded Fehr for the role of Ash. I don't think he could pull off the blond hair, but he looks yummy. And the accent shouldn't be a problem either.

message 25: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Legends of The Fall, that's it! After I saw the movie Troy I was in love with Brad having long hair. I went out to get that movie shortly after.

Oded Fehr? Ooooooooo!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I totally agree with Oded. I don't think there is anything that could make that man less than gorgeous!

message 27: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Maybe blond hair? Hmm, maybe he could pull it off. We're all just so used to see him in his natural coloring".

I wouldn't mind him as Ash. I wish I could hear him sing, so as to compare.

message 28: by Ori (new)

Ori | 15 comments Lol that would be awesome. But you know, Brad had long hair in that one movie. "Interview with a vampire" remember?

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I picture Acheron a lot younger looking....like in his early 20's and some reason I have this image of him in my mind of him more punk... like with earings and mohawk, etc...(and still beautiful of course) LOL! It's funny how we all picture him so differently!

message 30: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Haha, and that's why I think if they were to make a movie for Acheron, none of the ladies would be happy. We all see him too different. *sighs* Too bad, he's so gorgeous in my mind, but nothing beats Valerius.

message 31: by Karollynn (new)

Karollynn | 2 comments I loved the Youtube commercial! The work on it was fabulous...made me wish there was an actual Acheron movie coming out.

Hi I'm new to the group, and I am currently catching up on DH so be patient with me! I am trying to NOT read Acheron because he's in almost every one of the books, but I am dying to see his story!