What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA book about a boy left alone on his farm after his family dies

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott (wildbio) Can anyone name a book about a young boy who, after his family dies (I think his sister was the last to die), is left alone to fend for himself on a farm. He adopts a wild dog and then eventually, and I am a little unsure of this part, dies after becoming infected after he cuts himself with an axe.
I read this book in about 1977.
Thank you to all that try.

message 2: by Joann (new)

Joann My first thought was Weasel by Cynthia DeFelice: http://cynthiadefelice.com/novels/weasel

However, the copyright is 1990.

I will keep trying.

message 3: by Joann (new)

Joann The only other book I seem to be coming up with is The Apprenticeship of Lucas Whitaker, by the same author.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40097 comments Mod
Joann wrote: "The only other book I seem to be coming up with is The Apprenticeship of Lucas Whitaker, by the same author."

Yes the family ties of TB in that book, but it seems to have been first published in 1996

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Dies not ties. GR won't let me edit.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Scott, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Sure sounds like Wild in the World.

"When his entire family dies, John is left alone on the remote New Hampshire farm with only a wolf-dog for company."

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Scott's profile is set to private, so no way to send him a PM alert. Since he hasn't bothered checking in in all this time, I'm moving this down to Abandoned.