Sweeping Sagas discussion

Individual Books > The Russians

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Found "A Magnificent Saga of Love and War, of Political Conflict and Imminent Change, of Two Women..."

The Crown and the Crucible by Michael Phillips and Judith Pella. Evidently the first in a series of four, this one set in pre-revolutionary Russia.

Anyone heard of/read these?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Evidently these authors also wrote The Stonewycke Trilogy and the followup Stonewycke Legacy (another trilogy). Also wrote The Highland Collection and a series called The Journals of Corrie Belle Hollister, of which I'm not sure what they're about.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

According to reviews, they might be a more on the religious side. But I'll try anything once and I found this at a rummage sale today so I'll report back.

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 478 comments Mod
I will wait for you. I can handle some religion in a book but not if I'm being clubbed over the head with it.

message 5: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 478 comments Mod
Michele wrote: "According to reviews, they might be a more on the religious side. But I'll try anything once and I found this at a rummage sale today so I'll report back."

What kind of rummage sales are going on at this hour of the morning?

message 6: by Carey (last edited Nov 10, 2010 04:16PM) (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 109 comments Never read any of the Phillips/Pella books but see them all over the place.

I read a series that I really loved many years ago...like probably getting near 25. (Ugh). Set in Russia, HF, I'd love to read them again and see if I still like them:

Love and Honor (Borodin's Series, Book 1) by Leslie Arlen

Borodin's
1. Love and Honor (1980)
2. War and Passion (1981)
3. Fate and Dreams (1981)
4. Hope and Glory (1982)
5. Rage and Desire (1982)
6. Fortune and Fury (1984)

By Leslie Arlen

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Misfit.....hit one the day prior, lol. The sign said they had books ha.

@Carey....gee that's just what I need. Another series. :)

message 8: by Carey (new)

Carey (thetometraveller) | 109 comments Michele wrote: "@ Misfit.....hit one the day prior, lol. The sign said they had books ha.

@Carey....gee that's just what I need. Another series. :)"

Sooooo sorry! :P