History is Not Boring discussion

Family Tree/ History

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare Well, on my mother's side. My grandmother was in germany during World War 2. She would steal cigarrettes from the americans and sell them back to them to put food on the table.

I love family history and this is only part of it before my family moved to America.

Part of my love of history is BECAUSE of my German ancestry.

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieargyll) I became interested in Irish history due to my ancestry. My gggrandparents came from Ireland in the 1850's. From there I became interested in Celtic history in general. Then after moving to Scotland I became very interested in Scottish history.

I also enjoy reading about immigration to the US from Scotland and Ireland. Also like colonial America history and the revolution.

message 3: by Nyghtmare (new)

Nyghtmare I hated american history. But I'm interested in the Egyptians and greeks. Aztecs and Mayans.

message 4: by Sharakha (new)

Sharakha | 1 comments i am interested in just about everything about my ancestors could offer!! it would be really nice to know where exactly i got my nose from... and to know how they lived.. were they like me or not!! the culture and everything else about them! its fascinating for sure!!