Business Book Discussion discussion

The Power of Focus

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tab (new)

Tab | 13 comments Mod
Has anyone read this book. I've had it for years, started it twice and am now reading it for a third time. I guess I need the power of focus to complete the book!

So far the is a FABULOUS book.

message 2: by jp (last edited Aug 12, 2008 10:30AM) (new)

jp | 6 comments Title is very interesting. I read one of the ebook while ago about procastination. The thurst of the topic was that people who procastinate have too much day to day inner-conflict not allowing them to do task. Lack of focus is different but I would be curious to know reason behind not having it.

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 1 comments Yes, I read it a few years ago. Though I don't remember that many specifics I do remember wondering why it wasn't better known because there was so much good information in it.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab | 13 comments Mod
I finished the book a few days back while on travel to Boise, ID. Outside of one section that didn't really fit, almost as if the authors were digressing a bit this book was fantastic. I'll reread it again immediately and will continue to use it as a workbook. Like Ryan states I have no idea why this isn't a better known book because of the valuable information inside.

As a side note, I learned of this book when my son was wrestling and one of his teammates father would attend practice. He's the founder and CEO of a very large Seattle based insurance agency. He mentioned to me that he had issues with focus and found the book compelling.