TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Blue Bloods

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Yes, another cop drama. Go figure. This one has a good cast though. I'm not sure if it is different enough to last but I am starting to like it. What does everyone else think?

Oh, and what is the deal with the rotating partner for DOnny Wahlburg's character?

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I like this show.. it's been growing on me....

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan I love this show!!!

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Yes, Holli "growing" is a good way to put it. I just wish they would wash the Just For Men hair dye out of Tom Sellect's hair & mustache. It looks too fake. He'd look better with a little gray mixed in or at least some tones and highlights. LOL

message 5: by Holli (new)

Holli LOL!!

message 6: by Jackie (last edited Dec 06, 2010 07:34AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments My husband just commented about his hair during the last episode; that's pretty bad when men start noticing the dye job, LOL

I was hoping we'd get more of the Blue Templar storyline, it's what got me interested in this show but it's going too slow.

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments hahahahaha....glad to hear its not just me noticing it.

I think the Blue Templar story will probably come out more in the second season, if the get picked up. First seasons of shows tend to be primarily stand-alone episodes with a little underline story to keep us coming back.

I'm glad to see that Danny did not cheat in this last episode. I've been wondering about that because I was worried they were going to make him into the cheating cop, especially with two female partners. And what is the deal with two partners? I like Jennifer Espisito a lot so I'd like to see her stick around.

message 8: by Jackie (last edited Dec 07, 2010 07:44AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Roxy wrote: I like Jennifer Esposito a lot so I'd like to see her stick around.

I prefer her over the other one. Jackie has a personality whereas the other one isn't memorable enough to even know her name.

Jackie would never go with Danny. They're friends and that's it.

If they weren't going to show us any Blue Templar stuff til the second season, they shouldn't have introduced it in the pilot episode because that made it appear to be a big part of the story. It was the only reason I wanted to watch BB, the idea was different. Without it, it's just another cop show and I'm not a fan of cop shows.

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I wasn't sure if JAckie would cheat with Danny but after last night's episode its obvious she would not do that.

Sorry, Jackie I didn't mean they would show nothing this season, I'm sure they will give us a more little bits & pieces and probably something major at the end of he season. You are proof of my theory of the BT storyline, its that extra little on going tidbit to keep viewers like you coming back. The first season has to be more stand-alone-type episodes so people can start watching at any point and not feel too much like they missed a lot and can't follow whats happening.

message 10: by Jackie (last edited Dec 07, 2010 08:58AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments If they keep up with the little tidbits and teases, I won't be coming back for season 2. I hate that, it's a cheat. If they want standalone eps, great, then do that, but don't tease me with the only interesting thing on the show only to say 'Too bad, we're not showing that'. What kind of bullshit is that?

message 11: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Jackie wrote: "My husband just commented about his hair during the last episode; that's pretty bad when men start noticing the dye job, LOL

I was hoping we'd get more of the Blue Templar storyline, it's what g..."

I agree with Jackie about the Blue Templar storyline. That's what made it stand out from all the other cop dramas--in my opinion.

message 12: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Rerun last night....booooo....

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Yeah but it was a good one!! :)

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I didn't watch once my DVR told me it was "old". Which one was it?

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan When the bouncer at a club gets killed and the female owner hits on Danny....it turns out the bouncers pregnant girlfriend is the one who killed him. Remember Danny came home with whoochie momma clothes for his wife that the club owner got for her???

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments He annoyed me in that episode.

I really like Jennifer Espositio's character of Jackie, a no-nonsense NYC girl...just like me.

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan Is she from Sopranos or something? I know I've seen her before just cant remember where!!

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments She's been on Spin City, Rescue Me, Samantha Who, among other things. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0261170/

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I agree Jacki but I was VERY happy he did not become a cheat

message 20: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Oh, he's lucky he didn't. It would have ruined his character for me, he's such a stand up guy. Besides, his partner Jackie would have kicked his ass, lol

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan I agree Jackie!! Every time I watch this show I find myself singing "The Right Stuff" LOL-I still cant believe it is the same Donnie-LOL!!!

message 22: by Holli (new)

Holli little spoiler tidbit:

Any good scoop on Blue Bloods? — Riley
ADAM: Sounds like Jamie is going to get very close to finding some answers about how his older brother, Joe, was killed. Look for Jamie to zero in on some dirty detectives after Joe's former partner also winds up on the slab from an apparent suicide.

message 23: by Jackie (last edited Mar 16, 2011 02:53PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments So...Roxy was right. Save the Blue Templar thing til the end of the season, most likely a cliffhanger and then go with it next season.
I'm disappointed that they made it such a big deal in the first episode and did nothing with it til the end of the season.

message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan I love this show!!! :)

message 25: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments That is how they draw you into the series and tell you it will not always be stand- alone episodes.

I am watching the season finale right now. The "I got away from a kidnapper" chick is a total plant so somebody can keep tabs and perhaps some control on Jaime

message 26: by Jackie (last edited May 16, 2011 12:18PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I felt the same way about that girl.
I found the Blue Templar resolution anticlimactic, we all knew it was (view spoiler)ages ago.
I will definitely not be watching this next season. It's just another cop show with nothing unique to make me spend my time on it.

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan I just read that it might still get canceled.....

message 28: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Really? I must have missed that part (in reference to spoiler). But I do agree that the whole thing was anticlimactic. I like all the actors and enjoy them in their roles so I will probably keep watching. I think they will have another on going story line.

message 29: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Just noticed Susan's post....well this was a good ending if it does get cancelled.

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Roxy, I thought it was obvious from when they first introduced him on the show. (re: spoiler)

message 31: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments It probably was and I just didn't pay attention during that episode. I know there were a couple episodes I got bored during.

message 32: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I hear that. It's a boring show for the most part.

message 33: by Holli (new)

Holli Yeah it really is actually.... I told my boyfriend we would probably like it more if there weren't so many police type shows on now.

message 34: by Jackie (last edited May 18, 2011 07:55AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments That's exactly the problem, Holli, too many cop shows and legal shows. A nd they're based in negativity, someone has to do something bad. I've gotten tired of it. How many different ways can someone commit a murder and how many ways can a lawyer defend it?

message 35: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments How about from the jailhouse perspective? It would be nice to have the corrupt nuances of our prison system exposed on regular tv. But I don't think that will ever happen...it's BIG business.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It sure is a huge and highly corrupt industry, can't expose that.
But in the end, who cares about prisoners, criminals? I wouldn't watch it.

message 37: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I don't know...they are just filling beds and not caring about guilt or innocense..seems relative to me.

message 38: by Jackie (last edited May 18, 2011 09:43AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm not disputing the importance of an invesitgation, just my interest in watching it. Most people just see the inmates as criminals, they believe in the justice system and have no idea that it's all about money. You got money, you walk; you're poor, you don't. Besides the fact that most of them really are guilty of crimes, it makes it difficult to tell who's really innocent since they all claim to be.
I'd be interested in the final analysis but not watching a series about it.

message 39: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) Susan...I love this show, too. I'm glad it didn't get cancelled!

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan me too Brandie. Season premiere is Friday night! I can't wait!!!

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm dropping it this season but my husband likes it and plans on watching it.

message 42: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) Susan...are you still watching?? I loved this last ep the most, but I have been loving this entire season. I think it's getting better and better!

message 43: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for another season

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan Yes I am Brandie! I agree, the sow is getting better and better! I loved the last episode......Danny telling Frank "after you Romeo" hahahaha

Holli that is great news!

message 45: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) I still love this show. I'm so glad it's renewed again!

message 46: by Holli (new)

Holli PREVIOUSLY ON... | Brothers Danny and Jamie bonded over a cold case involving a little boy while Frank was faced with a possible terrorist attack against New York. Never fear, the bad guys were caught and then all the men in the family served the women dinner to celebrate Mother's Day.

COMING UP NEXT | The release of a bank robber Danny put behind bars should have the detective sleeping with one eye open. After said criminal discovers that the love of his life and his child are now dead, he blames the elder Reagan brother, who's also contending with his wife's return to work. Sis Erin will battle her ex-husband (SVU's Peter Hermann) in court when she finds herself having to defend her father, and Desperate Housewives alum Richard Burgi guest-stars in the premiere as a high-powered councilman.

RETURN DATE | Friday, Sept. 28 at 10/9c (CBS)

message 47: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for another season

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Yeah!

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan Awesome!!!

message 50: by Susan (new)

Susan Omg! Did anyone watch fridays show? It was awesome! Season finale this week!!

« previous 1