Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Racquetball, Yay or Nay?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I've recently picked up racquetball, since my gym has a shiny new racquetball court. I haven't played competitively with anyone, but I find it's a good exercise for me, in terms of developing footwork and doing some cardio-based activity.

Anyone else play? Like it? Don't like it? Hate this thread?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Do you wear goggles? I want to see.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Cover your face and balls, both quite vulnerable on the court.

It's a fun game and a great workout. It's also very hard on your feet if you don't have the right shoes.

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I WILL NOT wear goggles. Ever.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Only tried a couple of times, and it is a work out, and I sucked at it.

message 6: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Used to play a lot in high school and college and got to be pretty good at it with a wicked serve. It's a great workout and a lot if fun, but sadly my time is short and cannot fit it into my schedule anymore.

message 7: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Jim wrote: "Only tried a couple of times, and it is a work out, and I sucked at it."

i suck at it too! my overall awkwardness and terrible depth perception make me look like a fool.

i almost didn't see this thread because it was in the sports folder.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments A friend and I used to try to play in college, but we didn't know the rules or anything. The general tactic was serve and duck.

On a somewhat related note (same ball) my sister has joined a recreational handball league. She made us play this summer, and it was very fun.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.