J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Does Nora Watch NCIS?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments As a big fan of the TV Show, NCIS, I noticed a couple recent similarities. Although I know of only one occurrence, she has Eve slapping someone in the back of the head; I can't remember who it is though. I was thinking it was Peabody, but it could also be McNab or Baxter.

In "Indulgence", Eve keeps messing up colloquial phrases, like the character of Ziva.

And I've always thought Gibbs was close to the male counterpart of Eve as a cop. Or maybe they fashioned Gibbs after her? Who knows, but it's fun to speculate.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments ohmygosh i love ncis! it's my picture, actually!

i have thought this many times! i will wonder occasionally who would win in a fight, crazy killer ninja Ziva or, you know, Eve and her "ness".

i totally see the anger and frusteration levels are the same in both Gibbs and Eve, and i remember having a "that's a Gibbs-slap" thought when i got to that part in the book! they even both have social issues haha--eve and her i do not go to parties or talk to people and gibbs with his i work on my boat alone in my spare time!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments i have to wonder if there is a tony counterpart (right word) or not?

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments For Tony, I was thinking McNab, although he's not the computer genius of the group.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments haha and tony dresses a touch more...conservatively.

and is more suave :)

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Good points, Elizabeth. I was watching an NCIS marathon yesterday with Tony as the center. Really good stuff!!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments haha whats ur favorite episode? do u watch it on USA? and do you watch the new ones on CBS? because i sure do! are you a kate fan or a ziva fan?

message 8: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Oh definitely a Ziva fan, although I did like the Kate one the time Tony had the plague. As for my favorite Ziva episode, I really don't have one - I like them all. Of course I love the new ones, but when the marathons come on USA, I record them all and then watch them when the mood hits me. But any episode where Ziva kicks some ass are my favorites. And although I adore the whole cast, Gibbs is my favorite. That being said, Abby is hilarious, Tony is extremely lovable and sexy, and McGee is adorable. Okay, I love them all. I even like Dr. Mallard. He was a real hunk when he was younger. I also love when Tony calls McGee a Mcword every episode. I keep waiting for which one they'll come up with next.

Ok, I could go on for days, but I'll stop now. Sometimes I think Gibbs' attitude is so close to Eve's it's scary. Oh, except for the ex-wife thing.

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 43 comments Vanessa wrote: "Oh definitely a Ziva fan, although I did like the Kate one the time Tony had the plague. As for my favorite Ziva episode, I really don't have one - I like them all. Of course I love the new ones, b..."

I'm a UCLA alumnus, and I remember watching Mark Harmon playing quarterback for the Bruins. And while I adore Ziva, my heart really belongs to Abby. I'd like to see Abby somehow team up with Peabody...and then make it a threesome with Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds. The 3 of those ladies could rule the world together.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments okay i am a total Ziva fan too but i also liked the one where tony got the plaque because kate was crying!! :( so cute.

i record the marathons too! haha and ziva is totally my favorite and tiva is very meant to be!
quite unlike eve and mcnab. *shudder*

mcgee is adorable ill give you that, and i must admit i kinda liked him better in his chubby faze. poor palmer, everyone glazes over him when they talk about NCIS lol. he is so hated by pretty much everyone, until he does something right. then gibbs and ducky love him! yea i love abby too, i dresses up as her for halloween this year, haha i took me forever to get the costume!

and the more i read ID the more similarities i see between eve and gibbs. :D

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I have to say, Mark Harmon, yum... Okay, I'm showing my age. But he is really adorable. I loved him in West Wing. It's too bad he wasn't on the show all that long.

And Abby, who can resist her? I loved that halloween episode where she wore the Marilyn Monroe outfit, so cool!

But I keep wondering, since they're a govt big agency type, do they get their own search warrants? Just one of those funny little things I think of. They never seem to have much problem moving on phone and financial records.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Right!! Ahh I am glad I am not alone in my thoughts if these things. I am forever amazed at mcgees' ability tj hack into things and get into no trouble whatsoever! And.. I have to admit that mark Harmon is hot for an...older man. It must be those electric blue eyes of his! And you're right I love that Marilyn monroe episode because I love ho McGee and Tony just stare!!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments I mean how they stare

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments and stephen, you are really lucky :)

message 15: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 43 comments Elizabeth wrote: "and stephen, you are really lucky :)"

Or really old....

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Or both! But I'd go with reall lucky. Why look at the glass half empty when it look's so amazing half full lol

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Okay, watch that old stuff, both of you, lol.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Haha just agreeing with you guys

message 19: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 43 comments Well, it's not as if I actually knew Harmon. I was a couple of classes ahead of him. I just watched him on television, same as I do now, only he wore a helmet and uniform then. The first time I ever remember seeing his face was in the movie Presidio with Sean Connery.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments The first time I ever remember seeing his face was in freaky friday with Linsey Lohan before she git horrible. And I am still jealous lol

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I saw an NCIS last night where Gibbs kept hitting his computer; so Eve!!

message 22: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments i know! did u see my posts on the doesnt have to be about the books thread? i found a lt of NCIS references, but i couldnt find this thread lol.

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Yes I did, Elizabeth! Some great observations.

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments In Promises,page 321, Kindred, 213, Kindred 305, Fantasy pg 302. Gibbs slap :) Indulgence 142 and 145 back to back!

message 25: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments More great information, I'll have to look those up.

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments haha okay i put all of them on here because i get exited and i have no one else i know who likes both

message 27: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Well, I certainly love both!! I've been comparing Gibbs and Eve for a while now. It's fun!!

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments i know! i saw the episode mentioned about gibbs shooting the computer..the new one? and i think its funny at the end "mcgee i HATE this computer!" "dont shoot!" hahahahaha i literally laughed out loud

message 29: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Yes, that's the one!!

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Indulgence 312, the bottom!

message 31: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments treachery 143

message 32: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Thanks for the all the references, everyone. I just realized something, though. I wonder if NCIS every has copied Robb books, instead of the other way around. It might be a back and forth kind of thing. Now wouldn't that be weird?

message 33: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments it would! but..technically the ziva-isms started with ziva because that was from like...2005/6ish and the eve-isms (not as good as the ziva-isms) have been pretty recent.

message 34: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Treachery 303 on the bottom