Mock Printz 2023 discussion

Mock Printz 2011 > Please Ignore Vera Dietz by AS King

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (thebrainlair) | 198 comments Has received two starred reviews so far! What do you think?

message 2: by June (new)

June Morgan | 19 comments I have seen it starting to be mentioned. I have started it and it is good.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (thebrainlair) | 198 comments I also note that it has received TWO more starred reviews!

message 4: by June (new)

June Morgan | 19 comments Here is a link to Publisher's Weekly Best of 2010

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/pr...

That's the last tonight/morning.
June
BTW I am Chorkie on Twitter

message 5: by Dana (new)

Dana Duffy Backs | 27 comments I'm about half way through this book. It is very good. I like that the character is from a solid middle-class background and the only friend she has/had is a rung below. I don't think these kids get enough play in YA books. I also think her situation is very real.

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane | 10 comments I'm also midway through the book. Wonderful, refreshing voice! So easy to get hooked.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary | 11 comments One of the best YA books of the year! A great discussion book dealing with father-daughter relationships, facing hard decisions. and child abuse.

message 8: by YA Reader (new)

YA Reader | 5 comments I found this book so thought-provoking and sweet and heartbreaking and well-written and symbolic and Important. I've recommended it to everyone I know. Adults and older teens.

It landed on Kirkus Review's Best Teen Books of 2010, which I thought was deserved.

message 9: by YA Reader (new)

YA Reader | 5 comments Dana wrote: "I'm about half way through this book. It is very good. I like that the character is from a solid middle-class background and the only friend she has/had is a rung below. I don't think these kids..."

I agree with your comment about middle class and working class kids in YA novels. I also loved how the relationships were very real and very complicated. And universal.